Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

17 hours ago, av1 said:

Yep, Goals are irrelevant for a striker these days, hence people wanting to re-sign Benteke or play Davis because those 2 offer so much more 😂

You can't say that about Teke, Teke while he hasn't done anything since leaving us could yet come in and be reborn, you just never know how it's going to go.

I tell you what I'd do, I would bring a new striker, possibly two in and also bring Teke in on the cheap if he agreed to slash his wages and come for cheap. If Teke showed signs he were willing to forget money grabbing version Teke, come for low wages low fee and really try I would rather have Teke here than Davis and Kodjia. If you've seen Teke go at palace recently, despite not scoring he has looked dangerous, it's just his final product at the moment but it looks like he's not far away from making a come back and the right club who sign him could be the club that get alot of goals from him. For me- again if he showed willingness to come for cheap it would all be worth the risk. I would start to feel more confident in our forward line that one of the three below besides Wesley could hammer some goals in for us.

Striker one: Morelos

Striker two: Giroud

Striker three: Benteke

Striker four Wesley: ? (which gives him real time to learn behind the scenes from real experience)

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

You can't say that about Teke, Teke while he hasn't done anything since leaving us could yet come in and be reborn, you just never know how it's going to go.

Unless we can magically fix his injuries he has lost his pace and can no longer play. His game was built on the fact that he was both stronger and quicker than everyone so now that he is only stronger he can't create space for himself. 

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If i chuck a dart at a dartboard whilst blindfolded, it could hit a treble twenty.

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I tell you what I'd do, I would bring a new striker, possibly two in and also bring Teke in on the cheap if he agreed to slash his wages and come for cheap. If Teke showed signs he were willing to forget money grabbing version Teke, come for low wages low fee and really try I would rather have Teke here than Davis and Kodjia. If you've seen Teke go at palace recently, despite not scoring he has looked dangerous, it's just his final product at the moment but it looks like he's not far away from making a come back and the right club who sign him could be the club that get alot of goals from him. For me- again if he showed willingness to come for cheap it would all be worth the risk. I would start to feel more confident in our forward line that one of the three below besides Wesley could hammer some goals in for us.

Striker one: Morelos

Striker two: Giroud

Striker three: Benteke

Striker four Wesley: ? (which gives him real time to learn behind the scenes from real experience)

I's funny how you mention Benteke as being potentially reborn yet completely write Kodjia off like your the all seeing eye lol. 

I think your in fantasy land tbh. Morelos, Giroud and Benteke with Wes in the stands watching and learning?! LMAO! Lets fill a bench with more CF's that don't score anymore and waste a ton on wages. Hopefully if Benteke has a word with Palace and tells them how much he loves Villa and they'll let him go for a packet of crisps and some starburst's. Meanwhile Benteke could also forgo his wages to prove to the likes of you that he cares. FFS!

• Confused 1

Benteke is done at Villa. We luckily got the best out of him at a time when he was coming up and an unknown quantity with very little injury history. Now he's not only been riddled with injuries the last couple of years he's also stopped scoring goals. Plus on the other side of that why would we pay his wages which by the way would possibly break our wage structure? It makes no sense.   

I just don't see us gambling on the past to take us into the future. Which is exactly what we'd be doing in signing Benteke. I see us more likely to bring in a couple of young loans to buy with maybe more experience in the midfield or wide and definitely more mobility up front to challenge Wes. I'd be shocked if the club went all out for any CF in Jan that's going to cost big money in wages or fees. Who really knows though. I just don't see it and don't want to. What's gone is gone, we need to move on from Benteke though imo. There are better players out there.  

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Benteke is done at Villa. We luckily got the best out of him at a time when he was coming up and an unknown quantity with very little injury history. Now he's not only been riddled with injuries the last couple of years he's also stopped scoring goals. Plus on the other side of that why would we pay his wages which by the way would possibly break our wage structure? It makes no sense.   

I just don't see us gambling on the past to take us into the future. Which is exactly what we'd be doing in signing Benteke. I see us more likely to bring in a couple of young loans to buy with maybe more experience in the midfield or wide and definitely more mobility up front to challenge Wes. I'd be shocked if the club went all out for any CF in Jan that's going to cost big money in wages or fees. Who really knows though. I just don't see it and don't want to. What's gone is gone, we need to move on from Benteke though imo. There are better players out there.  

This.

16 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I would bring a new striker, possibly two in and also bring Teke in on the cheap if he agreed to slash his wages and come for cheap.

Hi Christian , You know you have a guaranteed 120,000+ per week for the next two years just for being alive?

Well how would you like to swap that for 50,000 per week..... oh & btw we're in a spot of bother at the moment so it would be in a relegation battle & if we go down your 50,000 would be halved in 6 months time 🙄

Doubt he'll be rushing out to find a nice pen to sign on the dotted line

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d take Bentake on loan until the end of the season. Our situation is desperate. 

His best before date has gone over. He couldn't score in a brothel with a big bag of cash in his jeans.

He is not the man to rescue the season. I would take Wesley over Benteke every day of the week.

he 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

His best before date has gone over. He couldn't score in a brothel with a big bag of cash in his jeans.

He is not the man to rescue the season. I would take Wesley over Benteke every day of the week.

Wesley has more Premier league & cup goals in half a season than Benteke has in two and a half.

• Like 1

The absurdity of discussing this like the only 3 strikers we could find in this world were Tekkers, Wesley and Kodjia. 

Neither are good enough. 

Surely the idea of us having scouts and finding a quality striker that's young, cheap and keen on PL football, isnt pie in the sky stuff. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The only reason I would have Bentake on loan is because footballs a funny old game. He’s goals kept us up 3 seasons in row. You just know just if he joined us his goals with keep us up again! 

I’m on board with this idea and feel we shouldn’t ignore the option of resigning John Carew, Peter Withe or Andy Gray either. 

• Haha 1

Â