Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

hope he refinds his form and builds on this loan. not sure about his future at Villa but if he has a blinding season with Brugge and regains some lost confidence then who knows? All the best this year Wes!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

A momenumental waste of money. Even Angel had a slow start, but he immersed himself in the city, wanted to get better and did. This guy has been sulky and looked disinterested from day 1. I’m not buying the stuff about his fitness, he’s had a whole pre season and more. Unlikely he’ll play for us again. Going out the Club Brugge at least maintainins the price we paid for him and maybe more if he does well.

Just ignore the fact he has suffered a potential career threatening injury (which may still prove to be true) and focus on him being a sulky little sh*t.

• Like 2

I remember interview with JG 2 years ago, after Wesley joined.

He was asked about Wesley, if he showed in training yet how good a player he is after signing for a record £22m. Usually you get all the praises saying what a good player the new signing is. Yet JG just said he showed "few flashes". That means he didn't impress anybody in training. JG also mentioned that Wesley was always grumpy in training. 

8 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He was asked about Wesley, if he showed in training yet how good a player he is after signing for a record £22m. Usually you get all the praises saying what a good player the new signing is. Yet JG just said he showed "few flashes". That means he didn't impress anybody in training. JG also mentioned that Wesley was always grumpy in training. 

I could equally find comments where staff have been complimentary of him.

We can paint whichever narrative we want to here, as with most things ffs.

Also, based on his comments and digs, doesn't seem he was really impressed by ANYONE in training.

If we are using a 2 year old City player " non comment " as proof that nobody at the club rated him, we really are scraping the barrel.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Surprised John Gregory still has such insight after all these years!

On Wes, his sulkiness doesn't bother me, the fact that I don't think he's very good at playing football does

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I could equally find comments where staff have been complimentary of him.

We can paint whichever narrative we want to here, as with most things ffs.

Also, based on his comments and digs, doesn't seem he was really impressed by ANYONE in training.

If we are using a 2 year old City player " non comment " as proof that nobody at the club rated him, we really are scraping the barrel.

Not trying to paint any narrative.
I only posted it as I found it interesting. Usually you only get positive comments from staff/team members even if the reality is different. For some reason JG couldn’t bring himself to praise Wesley. Stark contrast to his interview just after Watkins joined, where JG was full of praise for how good he is.

I can see the logic but honestly would've kept him around the place until January.

Going under the radar but yet again Kienan Davis is injured and hasn't been available for any prem game yet. What is the point of keeping him if he's barely going to be fit up to December so we'll have little attacking options on the bench especially if Ollie or Ings are injured.

Guess Archer's hat trick the other night means he won't be going out on loan and we'll have him as sub for some prem games so that will be interesting if he can make impact as he certainly took the goals very well the other night.

Guess Wes will end up back in Belgium, Turkey or perhaps a lower end Spanish or Italian team have shown interest. We obviously must have some teams enquiring to decide to loan him.

35 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Surprised John Gregory still has such insight after all these years!

I'm glad he still has an involvement with the club. I always liked him.

Great they still let him watch training and conduct press conferences. He seems like a nice man

I was looking forward to seeing more of Wesley in a more settled team when he had gotten used to the Premier League, also think we could to with a big man on the bench who comes in a bullies defenders. But I guess we have Davis who can do that job.

It's going to be interesting to follow him at Club Brugge, hope he gets to play against City in the CL!

• Like 1

No option to buy, so perhaps Deano does indeed see him as playing a part in the team, either as a starter or off the bench, in due course. I think this loan will be a great chance for him to play regular football in a much less pressured and intense environment. The ideal conditions for recovery and getting the basics right again imo. Hopefully he can come back with a decent amount of goals and assists under his belt and raring to go for pre season next year. Depening on how successful we are this campaign, there could indeed be many more games which he will get a chance in.

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

No option to buy, so perhaps Deano does indeed see him as playing a part in the team, either as a starter or off the bench, in due course. I think this loan will be a great chance for him to play regular football in a much less pressured and intense environment. The ideal conditions for recovery and getting the basics right again imo. Hopefully he can come back with a decent amount of goals and assists under his belt and raring to go for pre season next year. Depening on how successful we are this campaign, there could indeed be many more games which he will get a chance in.

We probably didn't want one as his value right now is lower than it would be if he has a good season in Belgium.

If Club Brugge want to sign him permanently, he will have played well, and we can ask for more.

• Like 1

Â