Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

It isn’t just this stupid red that has people riled. His attitude has been awful since he arrived. He doesn’t even look like he wants to play football, dives all the time, complains all the time and he’s just painful to watch. Add that to the fact that he has never looked comfortable on the ball, never really performed except the Norwich game, an unfortunate injury and now looking like he can’t get up to the pace (then ruining his opportunity to do so sooner rather than later), I just think we are wasting our time.

We want to push on as a club and this season we have an amazing opportunity to do that especially if we can keep Jack for one more year. Sell, loan out or drop and then replace. No other option for me. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Barry still strikes me as a little light, but maybe he's been working on his physique. Young seems more robust and impressed me in the Youth Cup.

Suspensions in pre-season, really?

Think he was on the bench for Walsall, not sure about Stoke.

Yeah I like him, looks good.

Yes. On the bench for Walsall, not today.

Silly, will be punished, but he's young and he'll learn.

Nothing to see here, we move on and give him a chance as second or third choice striker. We really need him to come good for our own sake with the money we've spent; with no striker looking to come in we need him ready.

1 hour ago, tezzaleed said:

Dublin on Savage.  but that one was probably the best thing I've ever seen

A piss poor headbutt that didnt even put savage down and cost us the game?

Weird outlook

Edited by slowandlow
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, hippo said:

£5-8m I'd rip your arm off.

Quite what the thinking was for £22m is beyond me. He was probably only worth half that at the time.

We are going to take a huge loss on this purchase.

Probably, I wanted him to become a Superstar like all of us did. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much chance at all of that happening at our club. Italian football he may look great but the pace and aggressive play of the Premier league doesn't look like his cup of tea.

It is fortunate that we can afford to lose 15 million on him, God help us if we were forced to play him each week again.

Lot of anger towards Wes, seems bit unfair, we don’t fully know why he reacted the way he did and maybe in same situation we’d have done the same.

Lets not write him off before he’s even had a competitive game back. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Without derailing it Mings against zlatan is very sketchy 

Admittedly I haven't seen it since the time, but I clearly remember being amazed anyone thought it was a deliberate stamp, it's just clear as day in my memory that as he was jumping over a player (Rooney maybe?) that player starts to get up, which completely throws him off balance while in the air and his foot comes down on Zlatan. The sketchiest bit that I remember is he didn't stop to make sure he's OK straight away like most would but carried on and "played the whistle". It was the same as the one on the Reading player. Clear as day was an accident but there's always people wanting to call it deliberate 

This one is just effing stupid. The whole point of these games is fitness and he's gone and got himself red carded less than 10 minutes in, stupidity. Although as usual people calling it the end of his career are wildly over exaggerating but you can't just completely ignore it either. It was monumentally stupid and certainly won't be helping his cause with the fans or coaching staff 

• Like 1

People need to separate their notions that Wes isn’t good enough (prob right fwiw) and the stupid red mist that made him try to kill the guy today. The one doesn’t prove the other.

Problem with Wes is that, unfortunately, that he’s never set the world alight for us leads fans to question most of his activities. He’d be cut far more slack if he was slamming the ball in the net.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Lots of speculation in there though. We don't even know what if anything was said. To me it looked like nothing and Wes aimed a headbutt and then a strangulation. 

Someone in the match thread said he was involved in an shouting match with Konsa minutes earlier. 

Personally I think hes finished here - and his frustration maybe that he knows it.

serious point sounds like mental health problems with him

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

People need to separate their notions that Wes isn’t good enough (prob right fwiw) and the stupid red mist that made him try to kill the guy today. The one doesn’t prove the other.

Problem with Wes is that, unfortunately, that he’s never set the world alight for us leads fans to question most of his activities. He’d be cut far more slack if he was slamming the ball in the net.  

I wonder what the reaction would be on here if Jack did the same thing? 

• Like 1

Feel for the big man. He’s had a really rubbish couple of years. Have some compassion people. For now, he is a Villa boy and he deserves a bit more of a chance before we all write him off. He did not channel it in the right way of course but he was literally the only person to show any passion today. The rest just strolled through the match.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Feel for the big man. He’s had a really rubbish couple of years. Have some compassion people. For now, he is a Villa boy and he deserves a bit more of a chance before we all write him off. He did not channel it in the right way of course but he was literally the only person to show any passion today. The rest just strolled through the match.

No, he doesn't get some sort of credit. It wasn't passion for the club. He lost his head. 

30 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No, he doesn't get some sort of credit. It wasn't passion for the club. He lost his head. 

He did. I am not trying to credit him. You are right to pull me up on it. There was a general malaise around the whole performance which was frustrating. 

The main question is if Watkins shreds his knee in the first game, can Wesley be the guy.

Personally, I don't see it. And that's a massive massive risk. Are we seriously relying on Watkins playing every game again next season? All it takes is studs caught in the grass, one bad tackle and we are left with what up front?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

£5-8m I'd rip your arm off.

Quite what the thinking was for £22m is beyond me. He was probably only worth half that at the time.

We are going to take a huge loss on this purchase.

I think it's an incremental build when you are in the PL year on year and the type of player you can acquire. Even though we probably had the money when we came up, you don't just get quality players. We had shop in a market that's fraught with risk. We rolled the dice with Wesley. It hasn't paid off and i don't think it will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

The main question is if Watkins shreds his knee in the first game, can Wesley be the guy.

Personally, I don't see it. And that's a massive massive risk. Are we seriously relying on Watkins playing every game again next season? All it takes is studs caught in the grass, one bad tackle and we are left with what up front?

It would be like missing Jack, there will be cover but results will be affected.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think we'll bring someone in close to the start of the season. No fact to back that up, just a hunch. 

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Exactly this. We don’t need a striker as good as Watkins, but we do need quite a bit better than what we currently have.

Â