Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The fear on Joe Allen’s face! 🤣

Yes and this picture is conclusive evidence that Wes are simply trying to retrieve the ball, nothing to see here at all, red rescinded within 24hrs.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes and this picture is conclusive evidence that Wes are simply trying to retrieve the ball, nothing to see here at all, red rescinded within 24hrs.

Seriously ? 

• Haha 1

Ultimately, Wes’s reputation improved more when he was injuried with a broken knee than it did anytime he was playing. Samatta’s performances gave fans the illusion that Wesley was what we missed when, in truth, the big man only ever showed glimpses of some quality, but most of the time he looked lost on the pitch and off the pace. 

To lose your head in a pre-season game shows a lack of control over your emotions, perhaps built up by the frustration of not playing (well) and struggling to get himself back to where he feels he can be after his injury, but I do worry about how much he can be an asset for us as and when Watkins isn’t available. 

That said, I am interested in seeing him play in a ball playing Villa team rather than one that lions it up to him as we mostly did in the 5 months he played for us in our first season back. I just don’t think we’d ever sign him now if we didn’t already have him. Would obviously love to be proven wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

serious point sounds like mental health problems with him

I doubt it.

More likely all that rehab - training - physically he looks fantastic - a few cameos toward the end of last season - but in reality Aug 2021 is when he announces 'im back' 

But a non performance against a woeful Walsall side - way off the level he is expected to perform at - even the villa TV folk (Brian little) was critical of his performance ....I think by the time Wes got on the pitch today he knew he was on borrowed time ...

A slight flashpoint and all that fustration just rose to the surface ! 

49 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think it's an incremental build when you are in the PL year on year and the type of player you can acquire. Even though we probably had the money when we came up, you don't just get quality players. We had shop in a market that's fraught with risk. We rolled the dice with Wesley. It hasn't paid off and i don't think it will.

Nah, it's easy to not spend £20m on a player as bad as Wes.

Glad Suso moved on when he did.

Too much speculating here…

The lad has had a torrid time, suffered a horrendous injury from a brutal, wreckless foul… fought his way back after a long, long time out… (probably did well to return as soon as he did considering the severity of the injury)…

His reaction was disappointing but no one knows exactly what has gone on, what was said or if a dirty foul was committed… 

Can understand him being wary of getting injured again and annoyed at a heavy or dirty tackle or even a nasty comment… not condoning his actions or getting sent off but I don’t think we can relate to his frame of mind or experiences…

Thankfully, this happened in a relatively meaningless friendly and not in an important/crucial game, hasn’t really cost us… he should learn and regret this…

Why people are making up shit without any basis or evidence such as “mental problem”, “racism” etc. I have no idea…

Maybe cut the kid some slack rather than going to the extremes, writing him off and wanting to get rid…

Again, a disappointing moment from him but why should we let that define him? No one else ever made any mistakes???

It would be nice if we could give our own players a bit of backing sometimes… not be overly harsh…

A bad day for him but he will learn and hopefully come back stronger…

• Like 3

Our reactions sway HEAVILY by how we like or dislike a player, we are all guilty of it.

Have no clue what's happened but Wesley surely hasn't helped himself..

I fear this will only be another stick to beat him with as well. ( Admittedly probably self inflicted this atm )

I have a sense, if Jack or Ollie had done similar, the reaction and/or willingness for benefit of the doubt/understanding might be slightly different?

The fact that it was a loss and a bad performance from the team as well surely doesn't help matters.

• Like 3

Again, not condoning his actions… that was disappointing.

But there has been a hell of a lot of over-reacting, so much from fans on Twitter too…

I wonder what the reaction would have been if any of our other players had done the same thing… 

I feel people are overly frustrated with him without understanding the circumstances.

Simplistic views like we spent 22m on him but he’s shit and stupid to get sent off, get rid… Ignorance… 

• Like 4

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Our reactions sway HEAVILY by how we like or dislike a player, we are all guilty of it.

I fear this will only be another stick to beat him with as well. ( Admittedly probably self inflicted this atm )

I have a sense, if Jack or Ollie had done similar, the reaction and/or willingness for benefit of the doubt/understanding might be slightly different?

The fact that it was a loss and a bad performance from the team as well surely doesn't help matters.

Absolutely, people are not going to be half as harsh on their favourites or those they deem “one of their own”, even when it doesn’t even apply…

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

The main question is if Watkins shreds his knee in the first game, can Wesley be the guy.

Luckily, Watkins never ever ever ever ever gets injured so we don't need more than one striker!

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If, and it’s a massive IF, he received a racist remark (highly doubt it, made up nonsense to even suggest it) or a mocking remark related to his injury then his reaction is understandable… not clever, but in the heat of the moment and after his experiences, maybe not so surprising when looking at it that way…

• Like 1

Â