Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

16 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I dont see the issue. It was only a headbutt, strangle and punch combo... 😂

when he did the headbutt you thought shit hopefully ref didn’t see it, but then to make sure he tried the strangle and punch combo. I don’t think he wanted to be on the pitch any more. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I wish the ref had been a bit more grown up and given the nod to our bench, they would have subbed him off. its a pre season friendly ffs.

But its no excuse, Wes was stupid and negatively impacted the pre season build up for both teams.

A headbutt and a strangulation attempt. Probably the most blatant red you will see.

Weird think was the pause almost as thought about it.

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'll never get why fans do that. 

Dublin got a standing ovation. I couldn't get my head round it. Losing and that just cemented it but treated like a hero for losing his head. 

Yeah never got the dublin one

0-0 with the game in the balance and he does a shit headbutt to get sent off. Kills any chance of us winning the game. And didnt even damage savage

Yet lauded as some sort of hero

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

when he did the headbutt you thought shit hopefully ref didn’t see it, but the to make sure he tried the strangle and punch combo. I don’t think he wanted to be on the pitch any more. 

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nah, I can't agree with this. For normal disciplinary sure. A couple of dodgy or late tackles or otherwise getting carried away, sure, but when it comes to violent conduct I don't think they should go easy.

Fair enough. Agree he can have no complaints. Just a shame it changed the training preparations for Stoke and us.

I guess we found something out today. I suppose the positive is its even more  needed focus on the "what happens if Ollie is unavailable?" question.

We cant trust Wesley, we have put our faith in him for two years and this is how he repays it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Fair enough. Agree he can have no complaints. Just a shame it changed the training preparations for Stoke and us.

I guess we found something out today. I suppose the positive is its even more  needed focus on the "what happens if Ollie is unavailable?" question.

We cant trust Wesley, we have put our faith in him for two years and this is how he repays it.

If Ollie is unavailable we struggle. I don't see us having another player of such quality on the bench ready to go. 

It's a risk - but not a risk we can easily cover.

• Like 1

We really overpaid for Wes at the end of the day. A lot of the way I think about Villa revolves around how best to keep Jack and players like Wes arent good enough to get us where we need to be unfortunately. Stupid of him to lose his head today. A lot of hard work done by him and the physio’s shouldnt go to waste by him getting petulant and losing out on vital minutes thatd be better used trying to impress the coaching team that he can be useful in matchday environments. We need someone able to step up and provide sufficient cover for an undroppable Ollie Watkins this season. Keinan and Louie Barry seem better options atm and that says it all really. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

when he did the headbutt you thought shit hopefully ref didn’t see it, but then to make sure he tried the strangle and punch combo. I don’t think he wanted to be on the pitch any more. 

I suspect he is frustrated at the time he's been out and that he probably suspects himself that the injury is going to prevent him being the player he promised to be. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa sign a striker or attacker that can play up front and then loan Wesley out somewhere to see how he gets on. 

46 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Nah, I can't agree with this. For normal disciplinary sure. A couple of dodgy or late tackles or otherwise getting carried away, sure, but when it comes to violent conduct I don't think they should go easy.

What has he actually done? Is Powell going to be holding frozen peas over his face for the next few days? It was a clear red card in a league game, but definitely could have been handled differently in a friendly.

• Like 2

I think the guys a dud but i know you've to tread carefully here with calling it as you see it ( my opinion ) as your seen to be too harsh. His demeanour is sulky, negative. Thought it the first day the spurs centre halfs absolutely man handled him. He's going to be compared to Ollie. He's a striker. We aren't exclusive in that regard. But ability, workrate, attitude he falls well short stacked up beside Watkins.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not comparable.

Wesley had his hands around his throat.

Disgusting. Acted like a mad man, and it's embarrassing for the club.

It’s a pre-season friendly. Nobody will even know about it let alone care. But great chance for an OTT post. Still on top form I see. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not comparable.

Wesley had his hands around his throat.

Disgusting. Acted like a mad man, and it's embarrassing for the club.

Without derailing it Mings against zlatan is very sketchy 

• Like 1

Â