Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Give him the first loan offer out the club. 

Still remember losing 2-0 and this plank pretending he was knocked out.

I think a lot of players had enough of him that day 

That was genuinely bizarre. 

I think he needs a loan more than Davis does tbh.

Wesley needs to find his fitness and form, he won’t do that sat on our bench. I’d get him a loan at a Championship club, possibly League 1, somewhere he’s going to play regularly and gain some confidence. It was a huge injury to come back from, it was always going to be difficult for him. 

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Give him the first loan offer out the club. 

Still remember losing 2-0 and this plank pretending he was knocked out.

I think a lot of players had enough of him that day 

Eh? When was that?

Remember El Ghazi doing similar against Southampton..

But not Wes…

Not Wes’ fault that we paid £22m for him, or was signed as our main and only CF at the time.

Not Wes’ fault that he was subject to a terrible foul and sustained a horrendous, potentially career threatening injury.

Yet this seems to be held against him. Many will disagree, but he was doing ok and scoring goals for us. Looked especially good against Burnley but then we all know what happened… had he have been fit and available for the duration of that season I don’t think we would have left it so late or close to avoid relegation… we may have finished in a comfortable position.

I don’t get the hate from some (not just here), it’s not warranted…

Maybe he isn’t good enough or won’t be, but why not wait and see? He deserves the chance after battling back… and not to be written off almost immediately…

He was and would certainly have been a better option than Davis, Samatta & El Ghazi…

But this is the guy that gets more stick… some people seem to relish the opportunity to do so…

Keinan is poor, he doesn’t score goals but people seem to love him because they think he’s “one of our own”, which he isn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Eh? When was that?

Remember El Ghazi doing similar against Southampton..

But not Wes…

Burnley at home if I remember right was a Saturday 3 o clock. Players were pulling his arms up as he pretended to be knocked out.

Aside from his general poor displays he was always getting involved in squabbles never plays his power or height , gets bullied,  gets agitated and wound up and gets in defenders pockets and head loss. It happened all the time.

Yes he's been injured but it's two years later. He has learned nothing it seems. He doesn't seem bright enough to play to his strengths.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Very unprofessional behaviour, hopefully DS or someone on the staff tore him a new one for it!

Move on no need for fans to gst all anti Wes over it, everyone makes mistakes.

Exactly, we didn’t give up on Mings when he got sent off. It’s a steep learning curve and I hope he’s apologised for it. We move on. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why does it seem like some people have an agenda against this kid and can’t wait to pile on?

And other players get away scot free…

Why does it seem like some people have an agenda for this kid and want to excuse literally every bad thing he does and then get mad when any criticism is labelled against him. There is 0 excuse for what he just did on the pitch yet some people's first response is to play it down, and then point out how he's had a bad time recently as if that excuses it. I don't care if he's **** Jack Grealish, he and anyone else absolutely deserves the shit he's getting for doing that in 6 minutes into a **** friendly game of all things.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Why does it seem like some people have an agenda for this kid and want to excuse literally every bad thing he does and then get mad when any criticism is labelled against him. There is 0 excuse for what he just did on the pitch yet some people's first response is to play it down, and then point out how he's had a bad time recently as if that excuses it. I don't care if he's **** Jack Grealish, he and anyone else absolutely deserves the shit he's getting for doing that in 6 minutes into a **** friendly game of all things.

This "kid" is turning 25 in November

10 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

This is hardly the first misdemeanour from Villa players, even in recent history:

• Grealish's car incident and subsequent court appearance
  • Ming's stamping, getting in El Ghazi's face, shoulder charge in the Euro's warmups
  • Matt Cash and his red card against Foden

the combined outcry of these 3 still does not add up to the anger being directed towards wesley. just goes to show how the fanbase is more forgiving to its favourites

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Every bad thing? This is the first time he’s been sent off, it wasn’t a crucial game either…

And getting mad? How would you know if someone is “getting mad” or simply delivering an alternative response? Just because you don’t like or agree with a different view, you thinks it’s “getting mad”…

Who’s condoning the red? It was a mistake and disappointing… he needs to learn from this and will be told not to repeat this kind of thing…

But does it justify calls for us to get rid of him? That’s not (constructive) criticism, that’s just petty and childish…

Why overlook the serious injury and lay off? He’s not and hasn’t been in the same situation as our other players…

Nothing wrong with backing/supporting your own players and wanting the best for them… 

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This "kid" is turning 25 in November

He is 24, was 22 when he joined us. Yes, a kid.

We purchased him for a record fee from a poor league and expected him to lead the line in the PL for us and hit the ground running… some adaptation was necessary but many people weren't willing to give him a chance and slated him (and continue to do so) at any opportunity…

He suffered one of the worst injuries you can get, has been sidelined and lost 18 months of his career (could and should have been longer but he fought to get back asap), imagine the mental and physical toll of all that…

Is any of that his fault?

He made a mistake, sure. It was wrong.

But is it justifiable to pile on and want to get rid of him, just for that? A one off, isolated incident? We’ve already discussed the potential factors behind it.

You can say he may not be good enough but there’s no need to go ott or shit on him…

Why don’t you go back to supporting Leeds and Liverpool? You love to be down on this team and the players…

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not Wes’ fault that we paid £22m for him, or was signed as our main and only CF at the time.

Not Wes’ fault that he was subject to a terrible foul and sustained a horrendous, potentially career threatening injury.

Yet this seems to be held against him. Many will disagree, but he was doing ok and scoring goals for us. Looked especially good against Burnley but then we all know what happened… had he have been fit and available for the duration of that season I don’t think we would have left it so late or close to avoid relegation… we may have finished in a comfortable position.

I don’t get the hate from some (not just here), it’s not warranted…

Maybe he isn’t good enough or won’t be, but why not wait and see? He deserves the chance after battling back… and not to be written off almost immediately…

He was and would certainly have been a better option than Davis, Samatta & El Ghazi…

But this is the guy that gets more stick… some people seem to relish the opportunity to do so…

Keinan is poor, he doesn’t score goals but people seem to love him because they think he’s “one of our own”, which he isn’t. 

It's not his fault but it can't be helped that people are negative when he looked so out of his depth originally.  

Being kind he had 3 good games. He was absolutely woeful for many games and was a huge part of the reason we struggled. 

Now he's had a serious injury and then ruins his chances to get vital minutes on the pitch. 

I just don't see how it turns round and becomes a success. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

It's not his fault but it can't be helped that people are negative when he looked so out of his depth originally.  

Being kind he had 3 good games. He was absolutely woeful for many games and was a huge part of the reason we struggled. 

Now he's had a serious injury and then ruins his chances to get vital minutes on the pitch. 

I just don't see how it turns round and becomes a success. 

Ok, I’m not saying he has been brilliant or outstanding. The signs were positive imo but of course he had/has his faults. Do you not think we would’ve fared better and he would have improved further had he not been injured?

Constructive criticism is ok but a bit of patience and understanding should also apply…

I’ve never indicated that he’s a brilliant player or anywhere near Ollie’s level, he was a lot better and more useful than Davis though… and Samatta & El Ghazi too…

Nobody knows how good he could’ve been or how much he could’ve improved. The injury was a disaster for him…

Tbf, it’s the comments I’ve seen like, “he’s useless”, “he’s shit, get rid”, “unforgivable”, “do you think we would have stayed up had Mee not injured him?”… that I am responding or referring to most of all…  It’s disgraceful…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the combined outcry of these 3 still does not add up to the anger being directed towards wesley. just goes to show how the fanbase is more forgiving to its favourites

You only have to look at how people treated Jack after his pissed up driving incident to see how favourites get treated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Wesley needs to find his fitness and form, he won’t do that sat on our bench. I’d get him a loan at a Championship club, possibly League 1, somewhere he’s going to play regularly and gain some confidence. It was a huge injury to come back from, it was always going to be difficult for him. 

We did it with Delph, although I don't think he played that many games for Leeds the second time. But there's no shame in it, and Delph went on to do pretty well afterwards.

Edited by Rolta

Â