Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think for violent conduct the suspension carries over to the league, he'll be suspended for the watford game, maybe the first 3 games 

Not sure about the friendlies though, smith might sit him out regardless like a naughty child, should do tbh

Wow, mental. Guess Wesley only has himself to blame now. 

He's going to be down the pecking order for sure in terms of his mental space, team preparation etc.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think for violent conduct the suspension carries over to the league, he'll be suspended for the watford game, maybe the first 3 games 

Not sure about the friendlies though, smith might sit him out regardless like a naughty child, should do tbh

Thanks pal, hope Deano doesn't too that, we need to know if Wes is up to it, he needs minutes.

The kids are an obvious gamble because of the jump in quality to the prem so I'd give them and Wes as many minutes as we can in the next 3 friendlies.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Barry still strikes me as a little light, but maybe he's been working on his physique. Young seems more robust and impressed me in the Youth Cup.

Suspensions in pre-season, really?

Think he was on the bench for Walsall, not sure about Stoke.

Yeah I like him, looks good.

As someone just said the suspension carries to the league probably. 

Barry could still be growing too as well as all the gym stuff. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Crazy guy.

Get rid.

Do not want characters like this around the squad.

He is representing Aston Villa Football Club and I was hugely embarrassed by that.

We have never had anyone do that before. Sure... 

Not like conor punched someone in the back of the head in the championship. Or Benteke headbutted Winks or any number of other incidents. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Only violent conduct, if you get sent off for a professional foul, handball on the line or 2 yellows etc then it doesn't carry over to the league but I'm pretty sure violent conduct does 

Ta, Wes needs to sort himself out or I'm gonna start referring to him as Moraes! 

Edited by Phil Silvers

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

? It's not pub football, professional athletes always wind each other up to rattle the opponents. If he can't take it without reacting like that, he has no place putting on the shirt.

Yeah, there's winding up, but I'm talking more serious than just winding up. It is highly likely he massively over reacted,  and if he did he should be punished to he extent put contractual terms allow. But I'd like to know what it was that was said before making a judgement. 

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Not like conor punched someone in the back of the head in the championship. Or Benteke headbutted Winks or any number of other incidents. 

You know he’s trolling right? You reckon he’d be saying the same if a player he likes did that.  Mings stamped on someone’s face. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah, there's winding up, but I'm talking more serious than just winding up. It is highly likely he massively over reacted,  and if he did he should be punished to he extent put contractual terms allow. But I'd like to know what it was that was said before making a judgement. 

Yeah, whilst it might be unlikely there is a possibility that Powell said something racist which would completely justify the reaction imo. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah, whilst it might be unlikely there is a possibility that Powell said something racist which would completely justify the reaction imo. 

That for sure. But I'm also thinking, he's just come back from 18 months out injured. He probably feared his career was over at some points during recovery. 

If he's hit hard by a Stoke gimp in a friendly, who then goes in and says something like "f%&k off you p#$$y, was a nothing tackle, I'll do a Ben Mee on you later on", I'd be surprised if anyone could keep their cool. In retrospect, reacting to something like that would be stupid, and should be punished, but given the context, I could understand why the first time he hears something like that it might trigger a reaction he has to learn to handle.

All hypothetical of course, and get why some would hold a harsher view

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Dublin on Savage.  but that one was probably the best thing I've ever seen

• Like 1

In fairness to Wes, these games are all about fitness and he probably put more effort into walking off the pitch than he would if he'd stayed on for half an hour !

He has wasted not only his chance for a half of preseason football but also someone else's.

He needs to just be training with the first team and be told he will be going out on loan for 6 months.

If he doesn't perform then sell him. If we get 5 to 8 million then so be it.

If he impresses in the 6 months then introduce back into the squad.

Excuses for poor performances and poor decision making when given a chance are wearing very thin.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That for sure. But I'm also thinking, he's just come back from 18 months out injured. He probably feared his career was over at some points during recovery. 

If he's hit hard by a Stoke gimp in a friendly, who then goes in and says something like "f%&k off you p#$$y, was a nothing tackle, I'll do a Ben Mee on you later on", I'd be surprised if anyone could keep their cool. In retrospect, reacting to something like that would be stupid, and should be punished, but given the context, I could understand why the first time he hears something like that it might trigger a reaction he has to learn to handle.

All hypothetical of course, and get why some would hold a harsher view

Lots of speculation in there though. We don't even know what if anything was said. To me it looked like nothing and Wes aimed a headbutt and then a strangulation. 

Someone in the match thread said he was involved in an shouting match with Konsa minutes earlier. 

Personally I think hes finished here - and his frustration maybe that he knows it.

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He has wasted not only his chance for a half of preseason football but also someone else's.

He needs to just be training with the first team and be told he will be going out on loan for 6 months.

If he doesn't perform then sell him. If we get 5 to 8 million then so be it.

If he impresses in the 6 months then introduce back into the squad.

Excuses for poor performances and poor decision making when given a chance are wearing very thin.

£5-8m I'd rip your arm off.

Quite what the thinking was for £22m is beyond me. He was probably only worth half that at the time.

We are going to take a huge loss on this purchase.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Lots of speculation in there though. We don't even know what if anything was said. To me it looked like nothing and Wes aimed a headbutt and then a strangulation. 

Someone in the match thread said he was involved in an shouting match with Konsa minutes earlier. 

Personally I think hes finished here - and his frustration maybe that he knows it.

Indeed! No evidence to suggest it was anything other than a massive overreaction, but equally no solid evidence to the contrary. As others have said, he didn't look great in the minutes he was playing either, and that is arguably more of a concern

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

The hyperbole is hilarious … he saw the red mist after 20 odd months off the pitch due to an horrific injury and lost his cool in a pre seasons friendly… Now he is a thug 4 life and a disgrace blah blah blah … geez y’all need to get away from the keyboards and chill a bit towards one of our own … And its not as if this is a pattern of behaviour - He will be the most disappointed and deserves our undivided support.. 

You have restored my faith in humanity… 👏 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Remember this is why he hasn’t been on the pitch for so long..   Through no fault of his own his career was put in jeopardy … guys fought back to fitness during a global pandemic to get back on the pitch… Emotion , frustrations and adrenaline took over and he lost it for a split second - Mings loses it on occasions - only he will know how much he meant to catch Zlatan … Wesley will be hurting badly as he will know how much he has Smith and the team down, and that more than anything he needs minutes on the pitch … I think it should just be put down to over exuberance after an extended period on the sidelines rather than write him off and abuse him … dread to think what so called followers will be sending him on social media 

61362D6A-59B6-45C9-9BE3-D969AA9858BB.webp

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Â