Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

Just now, omariqy said:

Haha why would he pack his bags before a move has been finalised? 

I think the phrase 'packed his bags' refers to his locker at Leeds rather than his personal belongings.  Ie. He has no intention of returning there.

However, from everything we've read on this that'd be utter bullshit. If he does leave Leeds it will be because Leeds have decided they want to move him on. He may be using this as a bargaining chip for a better deal, he may have had his head turned by the prospect of Premier League football, but the one thing he is not doing it storming out and demanding a transfer.

4 hours ago, mrhaneen said:

Don’t usually post but I live in Leeds and just heard from a guy at work that Phillips’ housemate has said that he’s packed his bags and he’s coming to villa.

Housemate? Is he a student?

Odd source for people to make up is what springs to mind. Or it's been made up by a donut.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Odd source for people to make up is what springs to mind. Or it's been made up by a donut.

Yes, definitely a few holes in the story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I laughed and said exactly the same thing when the guy at work told me. He seemed to think it was one of the other Leeds players. Like I said it might just be rubbish but I did enjoy how gutted he looked when he told me about it this morning.

There's a rumour that he and Roofe have signed new contracts to be announced at their new kit launch this evening, although it's apparently Bamford and Harrison at the actual event, so we'll see. Normally I'd write it off as one of those things that fans talk about but never happens, but after Mings in the new kit at the train station, I'm not sure.

6 hours ago, Risso said:

His passing is very good indeed.  A Leeds mate and I watched a lot of each other's games last season, and he was their best player every time I saw them.  There are no guarantees he'd make the step up, but from what I can see his attributes would complement the strengths of Grealish and McGinn perfectly.

FTFY. Kids today :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, useless said:

There's a rumour that he and Roofe have signed new contracts to be announced at their new kit launch this evening, although it's apparently Bamford and Harrison at the actual event, so we'll see. Normally I'd write it off as one of those things that fans talk about but never happens, but after Mings in the new kit at the train station, I'm not sure.

That’s the wrong type of #announcephillips

Hopefully BS .... we will know within the next hour as kit launch is at 5pm 

Edited by thabucks

Leeds do have FFP difficulites it seems, but It was Bielsa's decison to sell Jansson, Leeds Chairman and Sporting Director both tried to convince him not to sell. That's according to Jansson's brother.

Â