Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

14 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Question for everyone...

If we were in the Championship this season, but with the squad we have now assembled, do you think we would run away with it?

Would be a shocking under performance if we didn't.

Championship seem poorer than for a long time this season and we have a big and talented squad.

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Question for everyone...

If we were in the Championship this season, but with the squad we have now assembled, do you think we would run away with it?

We'd certainly be up there.  I'd definitely fancy top 2, but doubt we'd run away with it - it's just too unpredictable.  As with how we finish this season, it depends how the squad continues to develop, injuries etc.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I would say that's about 80% of  fans.

No one cares anymore.

I do.

Southgate’s England has rekindled my enthusiasm for the national game. It really is a meritocracy and we really stand a chance, we have some brilliant young players and it is very exciting what they could do. Southgate is a top man too. I am looking forward to the Euro’s big time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Question for everyone...

Yes. Easily top three, and would expect to run out Champions. We are a very decent side finding our feet. We have wiped the floor with inferior and half baked opponents since the start of pre-season. And we have the squad depth for the longer season too.

17 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

No way! Going for this table. 🤪
0_Screen-Shot-2019-10-07-at-160729.png

Apart from Burnley and us it’s not far off. Is this a good or bad sign?

Something is seriously amiss with the goals for and against though! Looking at this our defence hasn’t learned any lessons or improved one bit.

Our goal difference right now is a really promising sign for the season ahead. I guess this comes with the territory of being a team that wants to our score every opponent, as opposed to a team that wants to sit on a 1-0 for dear life.

10th Bournemouth 0GD

11th Wolves 0GD

12th Man Utd +1GD

13th Sheff Utd 0GD

14th Brighton -2GD

15th Villa +1GD

16th Newcastle -8GD

17th Southampton -7GD

18th Everton -7GD

19th Norwich -11GD

20th Watford -16GD

At this early stage of the season, we’ve basically got an extra point over all of the teams below us, due to goal difference.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think we'd win the championship this season with last season's squad.

Yup. Even with our bad run without Grealish, we were still in the top 3 for points since Dean Smith arrived. We were just hamstrung by Bruce's poor start and negligence in buying a CB or 2.