Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

38 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

Actually took the time to watch a bit of Newcastle vs manutd.

Wow.

No movement, no runs, no creativity, no juice. Based on this first half Man utd might be in for a long, dark and painful season.

🥰

I was just watching an attack they had just before conceding. 

Player on the ball came to a standstill but had a good few second before he got under any pressure. 

Another United player in front of him had loads of space to run into and receive an easy pass but he just stood still.

All that hard work and movement they had under Fergie has gone.  They look absolutely bang average, poor even.  Just think of the size of their wage bill and money spent to assemble such a run of the mill set of lazy players. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was just watching an attack they had just before conceding. 

Player on the ball came to a standstill but had a good few second before he got under any pressure. 

Another United player in front of him had loads of space to run into and receive an easy pass but he just stood still.

All that hard work and movement they had under Fergie has gone.  They look absolutely bang average, poor even.  Just think of the size of their wage bill and money spent to assemble such a run of the mill set of lazy players. 

Well the good news is that buying a single top quality player costs £60m+ these days, so they will be out of the picture for a very long time

I know we were boosted a bit yesterday but only 5 teams have scored more goals than us this year so far. If we can stop the silly mistakes at the back we'll be fine. Arsenal are sat in 3rd with 13 goals scored & 11 conceded. We have scored 13 & conceded 12.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

I know we were boosted a bit yesterday but only 5 teams have scored more goals than us this year so far. If we can stop the silly mistakes at the back we'll be fine. Arsenal are sat in 3rd with 13 goals scored & 11 conceded. We have scored 13 & conceded 12.

Noticed this earlier - add in the 9 goals we scored in the league cup and it’s a pretty good return on 10 games in total :)

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Liverpool is next for them.

Will probably be in bottom 5 after that game.

I know it's not going to happen but it would be absolutely hilarious if they got relegated.  I wonder how it would affect their finances, you look at how we struggled to cope with our wage bill on Championship money, imagine theirs! They would probably lose masses and masses from sponsorship deals also.

Like I said not going to happen but I would love to glimpse that parallel universe where they do go down. 

• Like 1

Only Liverpool, Sheffield Unite and Leicester have conceded less goals than them, their problems are in the second half of the pitch, Daniel James who wasn't even a regular for Swansea last season has probably been their best attacking player. For all the stick that Pogba gets they miss him badly.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Pretty sure it's over £ 1 billion on transfer fees alone since 2010. 

We've spent about £400m in the same time period and have absolutey nothing to show for it. Edit: According to transfermarkt since the 2009/10 season we've spent £439m

Edited by useless

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know it's not going to happen but it would be absolutely hilarious if they got relegated.  I wonder how it would affect their finances, you look at how we struggled to cope with our wage bill on Championship money, imagine theirs! They would probably lose masses and masses from sponsorship deals also.

Like I said not going to happen but I would love to glimpse that parallel universe where they do go down. 

I’d love to see how loyal their fans were if they went down. They’d be screwed.

• Like 1