Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

12 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Of our 8 games 6 have been against sides currently top 10, 2 against sides currently bottom 10 (and we've won both).

It's still too early in the season to be talking about top and bottom half like that.

Most of those would be bottom half if they hadn't beaten us.

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

It's still too early in the season to be talking about top and bottom half like that.

Most of those would be bottom half if they hadn't beaten us.

By the same logic it's too early to judge that 'the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley, West Ham and Crystal Palace' are the teams we should be beating this season.

• Like 3

Mendy, Sane, Stones and De Bruyne all out for City against Wolves... Edit: Wolves going very attacking with Vinagre and Adama starting in the wing-back positions.

Edited by useless

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Its a slippery slope when fans constantly want to change managers. So glad we've done our cycle and have found stability now. Its good to be in a good place :)

You do realise Smith hasnt even been here a year yet? Had we not won yesterday, knowing our fans, there would have been a few getting restless with only 1 win and in the bottom 3.

Smith would have to be here 3 years before I consider it stability, not 11 months!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You do realise Smith hasnt even been here a year yet? Had we not won yesterday, knowing our fans, there would have been a few getting restless with only 1 win and in the bottom 3.

Smith would have to be here 3 years before I consider it stability, not 11 months!

Our owners, CEO and manager are all seemingly on the same page. To me, the club seems very stable now. They can see we are heading in the right direction; you will always get an entitled idiotic group of fans who expect instant success. Anyone who has lived and breathed every second of the shitty journey that has been the last 7-8 years will be grateful to see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

• Like 2

Every result going well for us except for the City v Wolves game. Typical that City are having a bad game when we could do with them winning, lucky not to be two or three nil down, hopefully the improve in the second half.

Chelsea about to go 5th. You have to respect lampard doing well with players coming from the championship. Tammy, Mount, Tomori all doing well. I can appreciate a club doing this (even if it’s because they are forced to).

I agree but whilst they're beneath us in the league I'd rather they lose just so we can stay as far away from the bottom three as possible. If they win today they go above us in the league, seems unlikely but they could have easily score two or three in that first half, and City didn't really create many chances.

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wolves is never going to be in a relegation battle.

Far too good of a team.

Agreed, they aren't our competition. Nor are Everton but the longer clubs like those stay down there with us and keep it tight at the bottom the better Imo.

They'll both rescue their seasons eventually but the tighter it is, the more likely a win or two could propel us up the league and give us some confidence to build on

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Agreed, they aren't our competition. Nor are Everton but the longer clubs like those stay down there with us and keep it tight at the bottom the better Imo.

They'll both rescue their seasons eventually but the tighter it is, the more likely a win or two could propel us up the league and give us some confidence to build on

To be fair to us Wolves got a 2 year advantage on us.

They rebuild their team while in Championship. We rebuilded this summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

To be fair to us Wolves got a 2 year advantage on us.

They rebuild their team while in Championship. We rebuilded this summer.

100%. I wouldn't anticipate us being in the same bracket as them or Everton this year and probably not next year either. I'm not overly fussed how either perform (in particular I don't feel the rivalry with Wolvesthat some of each fanbase suddenly feel). 

Just whilst it keeps the bottom half tight, the happier I'll be but I fully expect them to pull away at some point 

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

100%. I wouldn't anticipate us being in the same bracket as them or Everton this year and probably not next year either. I'm not overly fussed how either perform (in particular I don't feel the rivalry with Wolvesthat some of each fanbase suddenly feel). 

Just whilst it keeps the bottom half tight, the happier I'll be but I fully expect them to pull away at some point 

The Europa League isn’t helping them and their owners have lost 1 billion in the Thomas Cook collapse. They’ve recently said that they’re looking for new investors, so perhaps the future for Wolves isn’t quite as rosey as it was 12 months ago.