Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The plan will probably be testing all players 2 weeks before games.

Testing day of the game.

All players clear in a closed door environment

Should be very safe

It's either this or doing PPG

Null and Voiders aren't getting their way no matter what.

Glad you’re not in charge of this, absolutely no clue about health and safety!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What are your fellow Fulham fans hopes on this. Will PPG keep you in championship 

Fulham will stay down as they will only promote the top two, relegating the bottom two from the PL (Norwich and Us) That way West Ham, who would drop into the bottom three, would be saved. They will not want to relegate West Ham in that manner. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If a lot of fans are showing up outside the stadiums punish the club by awarding the win to the opposition.

I'm sure they'll get the message then and stay home next time.

You obviously haven’t thought that through!

What an easy way to get one over on your rivals.  I’ll just get me and my mates and family to dress up as our opposition team, that’s a guaranteed 10 wins for the Villa.  

Where do we end up in the league with 55 points? 😂😂😂

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Nick, I think any Government subjected to this , has a monumental task to please everyone...its nigh on impossible....especially, with Piers Morgan, prodding the bear with every question.lol

Your point is valid, no one wants football to return to a cost of life....of players or anyone else associated with football....one life lost, is too many.

thats why in my feeble mind, the season should be cancelled, that is the safest, way out.

With the Tories it's always, 'But they're doing a tough job'. And now one pundit is calling them out who wouldn't usually and it's all down to Piers Morgan. If you're a Tory supporter, I think you might want to compare the media treatment of your party and compare it with the others. I imagine the conclusion is 90% of the press is a Tory mouthpiece and they don't get held to account nearly enough. Can you imagine if the Labour party had one of the worst responses to this virus in Europe/the entire world?

It's not about 'pleasing everyone'—it's about not killing off your people. Johnson and his government have been shown up as the bunch of lying chancers that they had already shown themselves to be over and over again and none of this is a surprise. They don't care about the normal people of the UK and they never have. The world think we're as much a joke as the US.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

I wonder how many footballers are bored and want to return. We are only hearing from the ones that don't. 

Doesn’t matter what they want.....we all have lockdown fatigue.

The virus is managing this not boredom! We need to protect as many lives as possible and not risk those because of “luxury” things like top flight football, which is not essential at the moment.

Just now, villalad21 said:

You do that bud.

Well, I won’t but Villa fans and other fans will gather to watch, celebrate, whether at homes, outside the stadiums or in cities.  Some will play up if your unrealistic rule Is implemented because it’s so obvious but most will just gather normally.  Also your rule spites the majority of fans who aren’t doing that.

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Doesn’t matter what they want.....we all have lockdown fatigue.

The virus is managing this not boredom! We need to protect as many lives as possible and not risk those because of “luxury” things like top flight football, which is not essential at the moment.

But football is a business like any other.

Clubs will go bankrupt if we don't get back to it soon and people will lose their jobs.

So in fact for many people it is essential, because it's their jobs.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But football is a business like any other.

Clubs will go bankrupt if we don't get back to it soon and people will lose their jobs.

So in fact for many people it is essential, because it's their jobs.

Oh that’s your argument, we’ll that’s flawed already.  L1 and L2 are being cancelled.  You think top flight teams are going to be bankrupt if football this season isn’t finished?

Now you are making up unrealistic rules and not making logical arguments. We all want football back, we all want our normal lives back but your arguments are badly flawed or trolling.  It seems to be football back at any cost for you!

37 minutes ago, picicata said:

Fulham will stay down as they will only promote the top two, relegating the bottom two from the PL (Norwich and Us) That way West Ham, who would drop into the bottom three, would be saved. They will not want to relegate West Ham in that manner. 

Wont happen. They have to relegate three or none at all. The amount of compensation us and Norwich could claim on top of them relegating us without finishing the season and adding this on top they would be screwed.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh that’s your argument, we’ll that’s flawed already.  L1 and L2 are being cancelled.  You think top flight teams are going to be bankrupt if football this season isn’t finished?

Now you are making up unrealistic rules and not making logical arguments. We all want football back, we all want our normal lives back but your arguments are badly flawed or trolling.  It seems to be football back at any cost for you!

But there isn't any evidence to suggest this Virus will get any better anytime soon. In fact the virus may turn more aggressive and become more deadly, no one knows.

The Spanish flu actually turned more deadly during the second wave.

So would you recommend to void the whole of next season too?

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

I have genuinely surprised myself over the past two months in lockdown, wondering if I have a job to go back to, hoping my family is safe. I have realised that Villa is not the be all and end all for me 

I can not understand the arguments about how we should re start the season, slating each others ideas of H&S

I am amazed that I have not missed watching the Villa. I have watched and supported the Villa for 55 years. My blood is claret and blue, most of my clothes have Villa colours in them or Villa crests on them. Mrs T and I (like most others) haven't  worked for two months My mom is 91 and lives on her own since Pops passed away last year. I have been to see her every week, making sure she is OK. My priorities have changed. I know that when we are safe the Villa will be back in my life as I will always be VTID 

At the moment I really dont care if the season starts again or not. IMO Let Liverpool have the league trophy and forget the rest of the season, what ever league we will be in is not as important to me as what is happening outside my front door. When this is over we will all be going back to VP what ever league we are in 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But there isn't any evidence to suggest this Virus will get any better anytime soon. In fact the virus may turn more aggressive and become more deadly, no one knows.

If the virus becomes more aggressive and kills thousands more people I think that recommendation would be an obvious route to follow. Football really is not that important.

• Like 3

Wednesday, 13 May: Professional Footballers' Association/League Managers' Association consult members on medical protocols

Thursday, 14 May: Meetings between Premier League and PFA/LMA about medical protocols

Thursday, 14 May: Meeting between Culture Secretary and football authorities Monday,

18 May: Next Premier League meeting Monday

18 May: Premier League players may return to initial group training under socially distancing protocols

25 May: Uefa deadline for leagues to have finalised plan for restarting seasons 1 June: Government date for possible return of elite sport behind closed doors in England

12 June: Premier League aiming to return with first fixture

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

With the Tories it's always, 'But they're doing a tough job'. And now one pundit is calling them out who wouldn't usually and it's all down to Piers Morgan. If you're a Tory supporter, I think you might want to compare the media treatment of your party and compare it with the others. I imagine the conclusion is 90% of the press is a Tory mouthpiece and they don't get held to account nearly enough. Can you imagine if the Labour party had one of the worst responses to this virus in Europe/the entire world?

It's not about 'pleasing everyone'—it's about not killing off your people. Johnson and his government have been shown up as the bunch of lying chancers that they had already shown themselves to be over and over again and none of this is a surprise. They don't care about the normal people of the UK and they never have. The world think we're as much a joke as the US.

🤡

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If the virus becomes more aggressive then yes next season would become voided.  How would football be important if let's say 500,000 people are dying, it obviously wouldn't.  People would be scared to go out completely at that point.

The Spanish Flu was in 1918....we have moved on dramatically since then.  We now more idea on understanding viruses, containment, hygiene, testing........just anything medical.  You are comparing two completely different worlds but with that in mind we are still miles off being able to contain viruses.

Yes the virus isnt going away but over the last few months and more especially over the coming months we will understand more about it, where outbreaks are, isolating outbreaks.  We were blinded somewhat about this virus not through not knowing that this could happen but more about the virus elements itself.  We are learning those things now but the first phase was all about just limiting deaths so not to overwhelm us, we are starting to get there on that.  The next phase before (or even if) we get a vaccine is how we live among this virus, we are only at the beginning of that for essential services.  We will develop treatments, early indicators, our testing will get better, our anti-body testing will get better, our responses will get better, our preventative measures will get better as we continue to learn about this virus and most importantly we have the supplies of PPE and testing to have new normal life.  We arent there yet, our testing isnt there yet our brave NHS are still working too hard so we must limit non-essential activities, you must surely see that.

Over the coming months phase two will get better and supplies will be more available, and better plans for activities can happen and thus next season would more appropriately likely to happen.  Doing it now is just rushing, unplanned, taking resources from first responders and all for what.....Money!  

I think end this season now and plan properly for next season.  Then keep assessing every month if that is viable depending on the rest of society.  If things get better then great but if, as you say, it becomes more aggressive then possibility of voiding next season as well, we'll just have to see.  For now, opening up too quickly, especially to non-essential activities is almost a guarantee that the virus will spread and thus be more deadly.

If it wasnt all about money (and dont mention peoples jobs because that's not what they are worried about) then this season wouldve been ended weeks ago.  It's all about making money!

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wednesday, 13 May: Professional Footballers' Association/League Managers' Association consult members on medical protocols

Thursday, 14 May: Meetings between Premier League and PFA/LMA about medical protocols

Thursday, 14 May: Meeting between Culture Secretary and football authorities Monday,

18 May: Next Premier League meeting Monday

18 May: Premier League players may return to initial group training under socially distancing protocols

25 May: Uefa deadline for leagues to have finalised plan for restarting seasons 1 June: Government date for possible return of elite sport behind closed doors in England

12 June: Premier League aiming to return with first fixture

What’s your point?  Everybody can put a schedule together even football, doesn’t mean anything.  They’ve had meetings over the last couple weeks and agreed nothing really.

FWIW if the virus is a known entity next season then you make rule changes this summer that can tackle what you know

if that means behind closed doors games all played at St Georges Park, no walls at free kicks, yellow cards for spitting, 10 minute breaks to wash your hands, 30 minute games, no VAR, 5 subs whatever other crazy rule they can think of that they think will help then do it...but you do it for all 38 games...

my problem with restart is they have moved the goalposts (not literally yet but we will see...) and its no longer the same competition as it was pre virus and therefore fair, next season will potentially be exactly the same if after 30 games they declare a vaccine as working everything safe lets go back to how it should be then that doesn't work either

• Like 3

It's hard to compare England with Germany. It's true it's a little better in Germany.

Today Germany got 500-700 new infected people. Is this perfect or good? No, not at all. England have slightly below 4000. Is it necessary to get this number down to 1000 before a restart? Who knows. Italy went from a stable 3000-4000 to 1000 in a month. So it shows a lot can happen in a short space of time which is why there is no reason for any rash actions, yet.

But the most important thing to remember is the government has given us the green light to restart. A lot has to happen and something unpredictable for them to change their stance.

Edited by villalad21