Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

Not ok. Its NECESSARY. Without them thousands would die. Without footballers a few fat cats will have to wait a month or 2 before buying a 4th Lambo. It's not remotely comparable

I know football is not essential but one life is no more valuable than another. 

Just now, PaulC said:

I know football is not essential but one life is no more valuable than another. 

All life is valuable, and to ask people to risk it is massive and should only be done in extreme circumstances, like when your essential people during a global pandemic without whom many multiple thousands would suffer and die. Not when you're a dude getting paid £20-250k per week to kick a ball around. It's chalk and cheese 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but if nurses, doctors, care workers, people working in the food supply chain took that attitude where would we be. 

But they still have, to have that right, Paul.

Thats why we have all being clapping and Colonel Tom Moore has raised so much....its their bravery and courage and commitment that we have been applauding.

There is a difference from being Brave and courageous, but the naysayers, still have to be accepted for their stance...its their right.

Bravery and courage is a wonderful gift to have, but its not my place to judge a person that baulks at taking a risk with their own life.

My understanding is and I will accept being corrected, that some key workers as you have described,have not worked due to the risks.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So you are saying it’s ok for them to risk their lives but not footballers 

No its not alright for them to risk their life....but they reserve the right to make that call.

7 minutes ago, weedman said:

All life is valuable, and to ask people to risk it is massive and should only be done in extreme circumstances, like when your essential people during a global pandemic without whom many multiple thousands would suffer and die. Not when you're a dude getting paid £20-250k per week to kick a ball around. It's chalk and cheese 

Money paid ,has no value v life.

their wages is immaterial, its unlikely any amount of money would be risked for life.

These Brave nurses are doing it out of duty and intrinsic vocation.

There is no comparisons with footballers in terms of integrity.

• Like 4

Latest in EFL is they can't vote on what they do until PL officially say there will be relegation , which is wierd as it was put that the FA had said relegation was a certainty games played or not..

• Like 1

Saw it mentioned today that the FA have allowed lower leagues to be null and voided even when some clubs appealed against it. So not sure they'd get away with saying that no relegation is okay further down the football pyramid, but not in the premier league.

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

No its not alright for them to risk their life....but they reserve the right to make that call.

Do they though, they are not in a privileged position that footballers are. The season is cancelled, Aguero and Sterling are still going to pick up their 1 million pound a month. A worker at ASDA would have to go on universal credit. Massive difference. 

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Do they though, they are not in a privileged position that footballers are. The season is cancelled, Aguero and Sterling are still going to pick up their 1 million pound a month. A worker at ASDA would have to go on universal credit. Massive difference. 

Life isn’t fair, this just highlights that.  The point that the less non-essential people out and about the better whether that is a multi-million pound footballer, a white collar worker like me or a minimum wage non-essential retail worker because the more of these non-essentials out and about, more risk of infections, more deaths and more burden for the NHS workers you are arguing for and more deaths of those brave NHS workers.  The more we are out, the more we are risking their lives as well not just our own.

Footballers get paid too much, we know that!  They should stay home still, just like any other non-essential people (if they can).

• Like 1

Assuming Purslow is an experienced negotiator etc. I cant believe he hasn't already prepared  a legal case in case of ppg relegation.

I think this is why the pl are so desperate to complete the season, it's the only way they wont get sued, either by the bottom 3 or top 3 in the championship.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Assuming Purslow is an experienced negotiator etc. I cant believe he hasn't already prepared  a legal case in case of ppg relegation.

I think this is why the pl are so desperate to complete the season, it's the only way they wont get sued, either by the bottom 3 or top 3 in the championship.

Cheaper to defend or settle against teams that haven’t yet earned promotion than against teams punished who haven’t yet failed.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Nabby said:

Well some study is saying the chances of catching it during the match are low 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/11/la-liga-study-shows-risk-players-spreading-coronavirus-football/

Headline being you need to be within 2mts  of someone for 15 mins before contact is relevant  and players only close to somone for 1.5 mins in a 90 min game 

I don't believe that for one second. 

The virus has gone through the population like a knife through butter.  Merely touching a surface where someone with has put their own hand spreads it. 

If you could only get it from lengthy extreme close contact it would no way have spread as extensively and as quickly as it did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Life isn’t fair, this just highlights that.  The point that the less non-essential people out and about the better whether that is a multi-million pound footballer, a white collar worker like me or a minimum wage non-essential retail worker because the more of these non-essentials out and about, more risk of infections, more deaths and more burden for the NHS workers you are arguing for and more deaths of those brave NHS workers.  The more we are out, the more we are risking their lives as well not just our own.

Footballers get paid too much, we know that!  They should stay home still, just like any other non-essential people (if they can).

I wonder how many footballers are bored and want to return. We are only hearing from the ones that don't. 

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't believe that for one second. 

The virus has gone through the population like a knife through butter.  Merely touching a surface where someone with has put their own hand spreads it. 

If you could only get it from lengthy extreme close contact it would no way have spread as extensively and as quickly as it did. 

To start with im not buying they spend 88 seconds of close contact a game ...how long does it take to make a wall for a freekick with the ref counting the yards etc .How long to corners take ? 

Going further when they come out onto pitch do they have to stand 2mtrs apart in the tunnel? At the line up on the pitch ? Going in at half time ..sitting in the changing room at half time ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If a lot of fans are showing up outside the stadiums punish the club by awarding the win to the opposition.

I'm sure they'll get the message then and stay home next time.

Ridiculous!! - you’d have a situation where rival fans would turn up pretending to be supporters of Aston Villa etc or other clubs. Be even more caotic.

Blues fans or Sheffield United fans For eg. wearing Villa shirts outside VP. Crazy idea!!

Edited by Mark_1989
  • Like 1

The plan will probably be testing all players 2 weeks before games.

Testing day of the game.

All players clear in a closed door environment

Should be very safe

It's either this or doing PPG

Null and Voiders aren't getting their way no matter what.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The plan will probably be testing all players 2 weeks before games.

Testing day of the game.

All players clear in a closed door environment

Should be very safe

It's either this or doing PPG

Null and Voiders aren't getting their way no matter what.

What are your fellow Fulham fans hopes on this. Will PPG keep you in championship 

• Like 2