Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We beat Liverpool under Lambert.

Do you remember that back heel pass from Benteke to Weimann? That was a great moment for the club! And that was at Anfield!

Winning away against Liverpool. That's a decent achievement 

You probably forgot the times he use to panic, zero  clue with formations lumpInt 5 attackers up top all standing 5 yards from one another. Long balls aimed hopelessly.

a personal favourite moment of his tenure was the Bradford debacle.

if your getting excited about one game v Liverpool then kinda strange.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

So it seems the Government have basically shirked their responsibility regards making anything at all clear to anybody.

Aren't we expecting the published document in the next hour or so?

There's a lot of gum flapping gone on, but having to put things in writing might make them clearer. I mean, I doubt it will as this government is particularly good at not leaving itself exposed by a clear factual statement, but you never know, it might. Come back in a couple of hours! :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Aren't we expecting the published document in the next hour or so?

There's a lot of gum flapping gone on, but having to put things in writing might make them clearer. I mean, I doubt it will as this government is particularly good at not leaving itself exposed by a clear factual statement, but you never know, it might. Come back in a couple of hours! :)

Let us hope so! I will be back! , i'm on every 10 mins at the mo anyhow awaiting updates from this meeting :lol:

• Like 2

Playing sports with only people from your household. Should be enough I think 

We all know its about money but why should Man City not follow the rules while the Dog and Duck XI are not allowed to play

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Learning how to defend a corner shouldn't take long.

Depends on the quality of the opposition and the ball initially crossed in.

All teams let corners in now and then,  or it wouldn't be worth taking them.

Also,  defending corners is a balancing act,  especially if you are a side that (likes to) break with pace,  Lot's of goals come from the defending of a corner a few seconds ago so maybe the Villa have one eye on the break,  I dunno just guessing here.

They are not doing it on purpose.

So,  there is no "this is how to defend a corner" as it's different for all + recent rule changes and VAR make it a dynamic area of tactics i suspect.

There was a time (GT1) where we scored from corners all the time so whilst frustrating,  it is what it is at the moment.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The government guidance is vague (shock horror). Permitting sporting events behind closed-doors for broadcasting. It's just a sentence. This is a logistical nightmare.

Tbh this government hasn’t handled anything well over this corona, All it takes is a cpl of  players to get it just before it’s suppose to re-start and that’s that

• Like 2

Also, this is Stage 2 of the plan, which in the best case scenario, begins no earlier than June 1. Let's be honest, it won't. I will be shocked if the infection rate doesn't increase due to the bank holiday and people now being made to return to work in circumstances.

Football isn't returning any time soon.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 3

The lockdown is still on till the 1st June earliest so players can’t go back training all together can they?If they cant they need 3-4 weeks the say which is June 21st,if that is right can the PL even finish?

£££ Rules and everything else is a secondary concern, that’s obvious. As long as Sky/BT are happy that’s the main thing it seems. 

Also how come EFL Teams are currently permitted to use their own grounds ? 

• Like 1

Genuinely can't wait until football restarts and Liverpool win their first couple of games, get crowned champions and then send their entire first team home/on holiday so the rest of the league becomes a matter of "who can spank the Liverpool kids more"...thats tegridy!

• Haha 2