Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Politically it simply wouldn't be worth it, so I can't see that happening.

I agree but nothing surprises me these days.  

We had a US President suggesting that injecting disinfectant might be a good idea to look into.  Nothing to do with UK but still amazes me.

I can’t help thinking that if the season is called as over then they’ll relegate us. I don’t see void being something they’ll do now because of the hysterical media push for Liverpool to be crowned. We’ll just be acceptable collateral damage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Brighton have an awful run in and under normal circumstances I’d back us to finish above them. However when you factor in behind close doors, how long it’s been since teams trained/played, neutral venues etc it’s an absolute lottery.

From memory Bournemouth had the worst run in of everyone but as you said it will all be complete lottery now.

They won't void the whole season, no other league has done that and can't see the premier league being brave enough to be the first. Our only hope is that they take the current table as the final standings, so Liverpool get their title, but relegation is voided as it's unfair to relegate any team bearing in mind the financial implications, with so much of the season still left to play. Under normal circumstances it would be unfair to just give Liverpool, or whichever team happened to be top of the league the title, but with them being 25 points ahead It's not really normal circumstances, I don't think Man City would have any complaints.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I can’t help thinking that if the season is called as over then they’ll relegate us. I don’t see void being something they’ll do now because of the hysterical media push for Liverpool to be crowned. We’ll just be acceptable collateral damage. 

Noway you can hand Liverpool the title and relegate us,they havent won the league yet and we arent relegated yet all ifs and buts,has to be null and void only way it should be sorted.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

PM's statement seems to put the final nail in the coffin that this season can be completed.

Sports Jorno's are going with footballlers can return to ''work '' as long as guidelines in place

5 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

If they do PPG and separate it into home and away, we stay up anyway don't we?

No, we stay in the same place and West Ham go down. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

We had a US President suggesting that injecting disinfectant might be a good idea to look into.  Nothing to do with UK but still amazes me.

Don't forget blasting the body with massive ultraviolet light  - getting it inside the body through the skin, or you know, all the other common ways.

• Haha 2

Only way we stay up is if relegation is cancelled for one season, or if they somehow manage to play the season and we earn it on the pitch, any other solution that's been suggested, all of them unfair and not based on any reasonable principles of equality and justice, would see us relegated.

12 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Seems like we are relegated either way.

Can't see us playing our way out of trouble and PPG sends us down!

I can see us playing out of trouble but not sure we’ll get chance now. 

I actually don’t care about football anymore. Obviously I hope they don’t relegate us and football comes back one day and I will enjoy it again, for the time being I really don’t care and fed up of arguments about it.

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

completely irrelevant point.  But while Trump is an Ass, he never, ever said that.  You can twist his garbled wording (which is the only kind he has) to (mis)interpret him that way, but in the context, it's clearly not what he meant or what he said.

but, nothing surprises me these days either.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

completely irrelevant point.  But while Trump is an Ass, he never, ever said that.  You can twist his garbled wording (which is the only kind he has) to (mis)interpret him that way, but in the context, it's clearly not what he meant or what he said.

They were his exact words, you saying it's clearly not what he meant is your opinion.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I actually don’t care about football anymore. Obviously I hope they don’t relegate us and football comes back one day and I will enjoy it again, for the time being I really don’t care and fed up of arguments about it.

I will always love Aston Villa, I will always care about them and when football returns I will still follow them.

On the whole though, sport and everything to do with it at the professional level makes me sick. When our lives return to normal, or whatever the new normal is, I will spend more of my time following local teams in my area. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

You are kidding, everybody has seen it.  No media bias in the vid attached, it’s his own words around the thirty second to one minute mark.  There is no way you can misinterpret it any other way.  

I have no bias, I couldn’t care less about America, although I love visiting NY in the winter but I haven’t been for years.  I watched his whole press conference to make sure no misinterpretation and there is no way I did.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2