Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yep.

If it comes to PPG we can only blame ourselves at the end of the day.

I'm thinking at the game against Arsenal against 10 men where we were leading twice and still lost. And the fact that tin pot cherries did the double on us. Disgusting.

I disagree.

That's not how the competition works. The fixtures haven't been completed.

We have played appallingly, at times, but that doesn't mean that we couldn't scrape enough points to survive.

• Like 2

The season is the season. Choosing to go PPG would effectively be the league deciding to relegate 3 clubs and I'd expect every single one of those clubs to immediately spend a lot of money on a some lawyers and all of their fans to bear a grudge against the league forever more.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The season is the season. Choosing to go PPG would effectively be the league deciding to relegate 3 clubs and I'd expect every single one of those clubs to immediately spend a lot of money on a some lawyers and all of their fans to bear a grudge against the league forever more.

Whatever happens there will be law suits that will drag on for years with only the scum bag lawyers gaining anything from them. Should Villa get relegated on the basis of PPG and then sue and win two years later will they be re-instated to the Premier League ?

Edited by gurru991

The Premier League will likely fear lawsuits from the relegated sides than those in the Championship. The league is, after all, a members club, and it will favour that I anticipate. If not, then, I look forward to the drama. Whatever the outcome, the 20/21 will be heavily impacted.

I dont think the Premier League care about the teams suing, took Sheffield United about 2 or 3 to get "justice" over the Tevez affair. They were on the way to League 1 by this stage

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think the Premier League care about the teams suing, took Sheffield United about 2 or 3 to get "justice" over the Tevez affair. They were on the way to League 1 by this stage

I agree !!

Sheffield United thing was a one of incident which can be stopped from happening again by a change to the rules, this is different nothing to say that future seasons won't be disrupted in the same way that this one has been, premier league won't want to be taken to court by the three teams in the relegation places everytime that happens.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Sheffield United thing was a one of incident which can be stopped from happening again by a change to the rules, this is different nothing to say that future seasons won't be disrupted in the same way that this one has been, premier league won't want to be taken to court by the three teams in the relegation places everytime that happens.

They will just include a clause that says they have the right to halt the season at any time & decide relegation/promotion. The won't get caught out twice.

But potentially getting sued by three relegated teams could make a massive impact on the PL regardless of any clause they choose to add at a later date. 

There will be months of bad press for the PL which they would not want.

But if the rules have to voted in by the premier league's memeber clubs (I think that's how it works) then none of them are going to agree to that as they could potentially be voting to relegate themselves at some point in the future.

If all the premier league is worried about is money as so many suggest, then they're certainly going to be worried about being sued by clubs relegated via ppg, as those clubs are going to want the money back that they feel they would have been cheated out of by being unfairly relegated, it could potentially cost them hundreds of millions.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

But if the rules have to voted in by the premier league's memeber clubs (I think that's how it works) then none of them are going to agree to that as they could potentially be voting to relegate themselves at some point in the future.

If all the premier league is worried about is money as so many suggest, then they're certainly going to be worried about being sued by clubs relegated via ppg, as those clubs are going to want the money back that they feel they would have been cheated out of by being unfairly relegated, it could potentially cost them hundreds of millions.

If 14 clubs do vote for teams to be relegated and the FA sanction it then I don't see how we could sue. The rules are the rules. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If 14 clubs do vote for teams to be relegated and the FA sanction it then I don't see how we could sue. The rules are the rules. 

The founding rules I believe is the argument.

Not sure that there's going to be a vote involving all the premier league sides to decide whether the bottom three arerelegated or not, and even if there was I don't think that would stop the bottom three from suing. Besides I think most would vote against it, as nothing to say that the same thing won't happen next season and one of those clubs could find themselves in bottom three with ten games to go, they wouldn't be in favour of relegating teams on PPG then, it's not just this season that clubs have to think about, they have to think how it could affect them in future seasons.

I'm no expert in law or anything like that but the simple fact is, the three relegated clubs can pose the PL bigger problems than Leeds and West Brom. For that reason alone, I don't see any clubs going down. They'd probably have a 22-team league next season rather than relegate anybody.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

They say ending the season has been discussed today and 3 teams would be relegated but just cant see it,like you are saying the legal cases would run into the new season and beyond,also not sure if anybody mentioned but apparently the FA cant change a rule it would have to be voted in so they cant demand relegation (sorry if already been mentioned)

• Like 1

I'm sure new rules will be put in place for future seasons whatever is decided this season. I believe now that football will restart even if they vote against neutral grounds. The govt wants sport to continue for the morale of the country and will probably compromise over neutral grounds. If it works in Germany they will use it as a  blueprint.