Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Somebody said earlier and its true, the Championship isn't being instructed to play on neutral grounds 

Is a lot more derbies or grudge matches in that division that fans will turn up

Edited by Zatman

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Somebody said earlier and its true, the Championship isn't being instructed to play on neutral grounds 

Is a lot more derbies or grudge matches in that division that fans will turn up

Well the rumours are League 1 and 2 are going to be cancelled and massive doubts Championship will be played at all. They want to at least complete the championship though because it becomes nearly impossible to justify promotion from Baggies and Leeds if they don't.

So games behind closed doors could start from 1st June.  I assume football training proper can’t start until then either, so what happens to get fitness back, match fitness back before actual games but I assume players will be rushed into real games without that process.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Starting to run out of movies to watch on Netflix... wouldn't mind football back.

If we get relegated we get relegated. At least we'll win more in the Championship. I enjoyed last season more.

In some ways I'm hoping for a return to the championship because again it brings change and the players left who won't be sold then have to really start fighting for stardom again. It also means we've abit of money from sales to buy the right type of players (We hope).. also we will see us play more and can hopefully see A much better team earn there way back into the premier.

In some ways I think Jack has to be sold. I dont jack to go but unless we can attract those on his level or much better, then were going to remain a one man army. The one mam army needs to come to an end and our current players really need ro step it up when we return.

4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Well the rumours are League 1 and 2 are going to be cancelled and massive doubts Championship will be played at all. They want to at least complete the championship though because it becomes nearly impossible to justify promotion from Baggies and Leeds if they don't.

Also talk popping up about some clubs won't be around after all this in lower leagues. I think it's all wrong that the premier league isn't or is not at least talking about any clubs that maybe in financial difficulties because of this corona. Somehow the rich gits at the very top need to make a package to support these clubs or league's may start shrinking, it's not food for the game at all.

11 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Was reading Alan Shearers comments about need a and the ramifications of if they don't go up for any reason, that bielsa will be off for a start as he and his staff take up a lot of there wage bill. Then they may have to sell players to fund the no football and the money that would of been coming in. It is real serious for some clubs out there in the championship and lower.

I know we're having spats at Leeds and visa versa but would never want to see A club ruined, not when there could be financial support from the rich league to aid them.

Edited by Dave-R

As Wu Tang put it C.R.E.A.M #cashruleseveythingaroundme

Lives do not matter ££££ Do...

I’m all for the season restarting as and when Society is ready but it feels to me like they want to rush it through just to satisfy TV broadcasters and sponsors without regard to anything else. 

• Like 1

The FA is the national governing body for football in England and is responsible for sanctioning competition Rule Books, including the Premier League’s, and regulating on-field matters.

It also organises The FA Cup competition, in which our 20 Member Clubs compete.

The FA is also a special shareholder of the Premier League. It has the ability to exercise a vote on certain specific issues, but has no role in the day-to-day running of the Premier League.

Each year, the Premier League submits its rules to The FA for approval and sanction. 

For the Premier League, The FA ensures that throughout the season the Laws of the Game are applied on the field and that the rules and regulations concerned with running football in England are observed by officials, club and players off the pitch as well as on it. 

The FA also deals with all matters of on and off-field discipline.

Other areas where we work with The FA are refereeing (we both part-fund the Professional Match Game Officials Limited (PGMOL)), Youth Development, and the UK’s largest sports charity, the Football Foundation.

So if the Premier League is forced to follow other European leagues, I don't see what the FA can do if out voted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Merseyside Police aren't going to be able to police fans celebrating, nor on matchdays. Fans will travel regardless for fixtures.

Didn't I read a couple of weeks ago, that the PL wouldn't be using NHS medical staff, ambulances or the police, should they begin playing again?  If they can pay for daily private tests @ £4m, then why can't they pay the other costs that are associated with getting their television money?

Is St George's off the cards now as well, I can't see that much difference between playing there as at any other neutral ground, or have SKY vetoed it? 

The FA, are at best, a commercial partner for the Premier League. Greg Clarke can huff and puff, but if the FA is outvoted, they cannot force the Premier League to do anything. It's all theatre.

After all this I feel a European breakaway league will be closer to reality sadly and would no doubt be a direct to market product like Netflix.  Then where will The FA and TV broadcasters be? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The FA, are at best, a commercial partner for the Premier League. Greg Clarke can huff and puff, but if the FA is outvoted, they cannot force the Premier League to do anything. It's all theatre.

Couldn't the clubs just form a premier league mark 2 without the FA's involvement? The football league is an separate entity from the FA.  They only got on board in 92 to rubber stamp the big teams getting their own way for the Sky contract.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

So, after all the hype about today's meeting, nothing has been decided.

Nope except the ‘rebel 6’ is more like the rebel 10,11 or 12 on neutral venues