Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, jim said:

Interesting.

Let's see how it goes in the Bundesliga. Hopefully everything goes well there 👍

Premier League to continue as early as June would be surprising. I was thinking more August/early September

Edited by villalad21

I still don't see why they don't do it at training grounds - not only for the facilities, but also because in the most part they're much more difficult for fans to get to, so there wouldn't be the problem with people gathering - you're not going to get anywhere near a game at Bodymoor - there's no public transport and there's no parking - problem solved. It would also allow teams some home advantage and stop teams having to travel into built up areas.

I'm increasingly convinced that we will be relegated with no further play - I can't see the league having the time to finish the programme successfully and I think they'll send teams down in order to satisfy the demands of the EFL and FA.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Somebody said earlier and its true, the Championship isn't being instructed to play on neutral grounds 

Is a lot more derbies or grudge matches in that division that fans will turn up

The athletic confirmed that both Prem and Champ would be neutral. 

https://theathletic.com/1800891/2020/05/08/leagueone-league-two-efl-ppg-coventry/?source=emp_shared_article

"As things stand, however, both the Premier League and Championship are determined to finish this season’s fixtures in neutral stadiums behind closed doors, which would mean all these issues would be settled on the pitch in the top two divisions."

Edited by MikeAVFC

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm increasingly convinced that we will be relegated with no further play

I have the same concern.

Hopefully it turns out well in Germany and Premier League can continue in June

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I still don't see why they don't do it at training grounds - not only for the facilities, but also because in the most part they're much more difficult for fans to get to, so there wouldn't be the problem with people gathering - you're not going to get anywhere near a game at Bodymoor - there's no public transport and there's no parking - problem solved. It would also allow teams some home advantage and stop teams having to travel into built up areas.

I'm increasingly convinced that we will be relegated with no further play - I can't see the league having the time to finish the programme successfully and I think they'll send teams down in order to satisfy the demands of the EFL and FA.

Yeah, I also think we'll be relegated with no further play, based on the dreaded points per game average of doom. 😥 Oh well, at least we'll have a decent chance of beating Rotherham next season. Oops, sorry for 'putting the mockers on' beating them next season, they'll probably do the double against us. Boo. ☹️ And sorry Rotherham, no disrespect intended.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I have the same concern.

Hopefully it turns out well in Germany and Premier League can continue in June

I believe that three teams will get relegated one way or another either by finishing the season or by some kind of points per game scenario. I do think that if the season is played out then clubs should be allowed to use their home stadiums. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I believe that three teams will get relegated one way or another either by finishing the season or by some kind of points per game scenario. I do think that if the season is played out then clubs should be allowed to use their home stadiums. 

Yep.

If it comes to PPG we can only blame ourselves at the end of the day.

I'm thinking at the game against Arsenal against 10 men where we were leading twice and still lost. And the fact that tin pot cherries did the double on us. Disgusting.

I think the Premier League have not for the first time been caught on the hop by the reaction of fans and the government. I think they arrogantly expected the government to beg them to come back soon because fans are desperately missing football. The fact they have had no protocol or plan like the other major leagues confirms the theory for me.

If anything the attitude they have shown has probably seen public opinion go against them

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yep.

If it comes to PPG we can only blame ourselves at the end of the day.

I'm thinking at the game against Arsenal against 10 men where we were leading twice and still lost. And the fact that tin pot cherries did the double on us. Disgusting.

Spurs  and Liverpool games as well where we really should have got something from as well. 

Edited by holteend1982

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think the Premier League have not for the first time been caught on the hop by the reaction of fans and the government. I think they arrogantly expected the government to beg them to come back soon because fans are desperately missing football. The fact they have had no protocol or plan like the other major leagues confirms the theory for me.

If anything the attitude they have shown has probably seen public opinion go against them

When you talk of the premier league who are you talking about. Its members? 

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Spurs  and Liverpool games as well where we really should have got something from as well. 

Yeah with a bit of luck. In both games Spurs and Liverpool were all over us in the second half though and deserved what they got.

Just now, PaulC said:

sorry for my ignorance but who are the administrators? 

people pushing for the game to be played, they usually dont have important enough profiles for fans to care about

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

people pushing for the game to be played, they usually dont have important enough profiles for fans to care about

But don't the FA have the overall power. The Premier League cant do anything unless sanctioned by the FA

4 minutes ago, useless said:

This idea that we've only got ourselves to blame if we go down on PPG is stupid, not sure why so many seem to be of that opinion. We've only got ourselves to blame when it' has become mathematically impossible to stay up, not when we're only two points from safety with a game in hand, and for us more than a quarter of the season still left to play, the more I think about it the more absurd the idea of relegating us on PPG becomes to me.

Last year if the championship had have been decided on ppg we wouldn't have even reached the play-offs, in 2015 Leicester would have been relegated and wouldn't have won the premier league title the following year, and who knows to what extent that would have changed their history.

Have to agree with this.

In any case though, if the season isn't finished I don't think any teams will be relegated.

• Like 1