Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I just don’t see us getting 15 points now given our run in. 

I acknowledge smith has gotten better performances out of them but none of the basic errors have been addressed. In game management is so poor and naivety stems from the bench. Personally wondering what Terry is bringing at this point the defending from set pieces is awful

Interestingly I never rated Terry as a defender until he played for us. He always seemed a liability, masked by moments of brilliance, being good in the air and having a decent goal scoring record.

You cant coach a lot of what Terry had in my view.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I have a feeling it could be a real low total for the team finishing 17th place this season and the way it looks 36 points might be enough.

It's between us and West Ham for the last place and I hope it doesn't come down to the last match!

I actually think West Ham and Norwich  have gone and the last place is ours or Watfords - going to be very close -  i would take 38 points now - 13 points from 11 games and hope thats enough 

Most of our games look like a light heavy v a heavy. We can land a few decent blows but towards the end of the game the weight starts to tell and we usually get knocked out or stagger over the line. We can play well sometimes but it always looks like we might have a fatal error within one of the squad. 

• Like 2

It's do or die.

Stay up, world's our oyster. Spend shit loads on genuine quality, offer jack s mega contract and build a dynasty around him.

Go down, be prepared to stay there for many years ala forest, sheff wed, leeds.

Nakamba over drinkwater

Hause and engels - stop doing dribbles and hollywood passes just get rid.

• Like 1

You going to put any money on any of that happening?:lol:

Today has made me less confident on Man. United and Arsenal tbh. Can see both being similar types of games but Aubameyang-Ozil-Pepe and Rashford (in his first game back from season ending back injury)-Martial-James will exploit the spaces we give teams like Spurs did today.

Actually Chelsea might be a better bet. They really struggle against teams who sit in and don't have as much pace as other top teams in final third from what I've seen so we need to dig in for that one and try to get the first goal.

22 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's do or die.

Stay up, world's our oyster. Spend shit loads on genuine quality, offer jack s mega contract and build a dynasty around him.

Nakamba over drinkwater

Everyone said that last time. I think we’d come straight back up. Obviously rather not find out though. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's do or die.

Nakamba over drinkwater

we said that when we went down

we then said it again when we lost the playoff final

we go down we will make minimum 150m from player sales alone, thats without parachute payments. we'll be fine

really dont want to drop though...loving the league...in spite of the result that was a cracker today with some great football on show

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Elton said:

As much as this was a kick in the nuts today I still think we are an improved team from December and I am confident we will stay up baring more injuries to key players.

Although Spurs haven’t been great away, this was one of our toughest home games left and we should have come away with a point. There is no reason we can’t be optimistic of points in our remaining home games and I think we can get enough at home and maybe one or 2 wins away against the likes of Southampton, Newcastle, will see us safe.

I think the return of McGinn in maybe 2 league games will see the end of Drinkwater and we’ll have the personnel to control the midfield a lot better.

Wins in easiest order:

Man U Home (Obviously so just add 3 points now).

Newcastle Away (worst team we’ve played at VP this season and their defensive set up will suit us again).

Crystal Palace Home 

Sheffield United Home (night game so guaranteed win).

Southampton Away (worst home record in PL).

Wolves Home (normally beat these at home).

So that’s 43 points minimum before we play Everton and West Ham and we’ll beat either Chelsea or Arsenal too..

I’ll have some of what your smoking. 

Just now, jim said:

I’ll have some of what your smoking. 

Jim, smoking is bad for your health and so is negativity. I bet you even think Man City are going to beat us in the final when we all know we’re coming home with the trophy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Elton said:

Jim, smoking is bad for your health and so is negativity. I bet you even think Man City are going to beat us in the final when we all know we’re coming home with the trophy.

For me, it’s just a case of whether we push on for the 5th goal in the second half or not. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we go down we will make minimum 150m from player sales alone

I very much doubt that. People on here really don't like hearing it, but relegation will have a massive negative effect on the prices we receive for players.

Let's not kid ourselves, our defence is shite. 

Spurs scored 3 without a recognised striker. Let's hope that we struggled with that and not that a striker would do even further damage.

Overall, we did great today. Engels apart, we win that game. He had an absolute mare and showed why he wasn't even on the bench recently. Which, begs the question, why let Chester go when he was rated ahead of Engels? That seems a really bad decision after today. 

Smith said we will beat one of the top 6, two are gone. We need a win against Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal now. Bring back Mings and sail Drinkwater out to a far away island somewhere and we may have a chance. 

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I very much doubt that. People on here really don't like hearing it, but relegation will have a massive negative effect on the prices we receive for players.

it really wont be far off. i cannot possibly see us taking less than 70m for jack and 50m for mcginn. nor do i see us making a loss on mings...so thats 150m or thereabouts

all are on long term contracts anyway so we can set our prices. and they dont seem like the types to throw their toys out of the pram

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's do or die.

Nakamba over drinkwater

I have no doubt we would piss the championship next year. 

23 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

One thing's for sure, Southampton are dog shite at home and average less than a goal per game. We have to go into that game full steam ahead and we can win that one. 

So were Bournemouth. Watford had only won one home game when we rocked up there.

Burnley is so far only away game when we've gone to team lacking confidence and actually won.

32 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

One thing's for sure, Southampton are dog shite at home and average less than a goal per game. We have to go into that game full steam ahead and we can win that one. 

We’ve been saying that a lot recently and most of the time we’ve failed to turn up.