Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Some just pretend that they think we're already down because of some idea that if they do that then if relegation does happen they won't be as dissapointed because they will have mentally prepared for it. And others won't say anything positive about our prospects of staying up out of some believe that if they do so then our chances will be somehow jinxed.

We can still stay up.  The spine of the team in a couple of games time will be Reina Mings McGinn Samatta.  Jack will be Jack and we can give anyone a game.

Look at it this way take away the last minute goals in the last 2 home league games we would have 2 points.  So yes it was a kick in the nuts yesterday but we are a team that tries to win every game.  It gets you more points than settling for draws in the long run.  

• Like 1

I felt so devastated after yesterday’s game I went to bed. It’s just a game, how it can it make us feel that way? I’ve decided football isn’t a healthy past time and I am going to slowly move away from following the ‘ugly’ game.  Might have a cup final ticket for sale. Will let you know. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I felt so devastated after yesterday’s game I went to bed. It’s just a game, how it can it make us feel that way? I’ve decided football isn’t a healthy past time and I am going to slowly move away from following the ‘ugly’ game.  Might have a cup final ticket for sale. Will let you know. 

Do the games against Watford and Leicester not balance this feeling out somewhat?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Do the games against Watford and Leicester not balance this feeling out somewhat?

That’s true.  I know I’m just being dramatic. It’s just a game right?

Is being in top flight that much better than the championship though? I really enjoyed last season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

For all the 'we're 17th, we'll stay up no problem' jingoism, the team below us has a game in hand. It currently isn't even fully in our own hands what happens to us.

Yeah, Saints have been poor at home... we've been poor away from home. We got beasted at Villa Park by them not too long ago. So what's changed? What makes you think we're suddenly going to do okay at St Marys? All you're doing is delaying the inevitable. We simply haven't been good enough at the back this season.

• Like 1

If we have any hope of lifting the cup against Manchester City, there is no reason why any of us here would doubt that Hammers have a chance of getting at least a point off them mid-week. Saints is a must win.

And for the benefit of the tape, I hope we survive, I really do. I just can't see it at the moment. The incentive though is, £50 to VillaTalk if we do survive.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

If we have any hope of lifting the cup against Manchester City, there is no reason why any of us here would doubt that Hammers have a chance of getting at least a point off them mid-week. Saints is a must win.

And for the benefit of the tape, I hope we survive, I really do. I just can't see it at the moment. The incentive though is, £50 to VillaTalk if we do survive.

Hey, if it's inevitable that we're going down, why not make it £5,000 to VT if we survive?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

For all the 'we're 17th, we'll stay up no problem' jingoism, the team below us has a game in hand. It currently isn't even fully in our own hands what happens to us.

We're playing West Ham again so yes it absolutely is in our own hands even if they win their game in hand.

Edited by fightoffyour

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

After 26 games in 14/15 Leicester were in 20th on 18 pts. They finished in 14th on 41pts 

Ergo - if we go on a incredible or even decent run we won't go down.

But despite shuffling the pack over and over - we beat some of the poor sides and always lose to the decent ones - do we have it in our locker to put a run together over the remaining games - thats better than games played so far ?  - Really not sure we do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

But despite shuffling the pack over and over - we beat some of the poor sides and always lose to the decent ones - do we have it in our locker to put a run together over the remaining games - thats better than games played so far ?  - Really not sure we do. 

My view exactly mate. Cannot see where the required points are coming from with the constant individual errors we make.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

We don't cus we lack any sort of consistency. We need to stop hemorrhaging goals to start with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Obviously

Only as obvious as what you posted - that Leicester went on a great run and stayed up.

Theres plenty of teams who struggle and continue to struggle and get relegated. That fact that Leicester went on a good run six years ago and stayed up - doesn't make it any more likely that we will. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Only as obvious as what you posted - that Leicester went on a great run and stayed up.

Theres plenty of teams who struggle and continue to struggle and get relegated. That fact that Leicester went on a good run six years ago and stayed up - doesn't make it any more likely that we will. 

I'm not going to lose faith after being 30secs away from draw against CL finalists that had 3rd best form going into game since Mourinho joined

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

After 26 games in 14/15 Leicester were in 20th on 18 pts. They finished in 14th on 41pts 

This is like your argument with wes and benteke. You choose the extreme examples. Not the ones that regularly appear. 

Leicester's run towards the end of that season was unbelievable. Not the sort of things most teams down the bottom do. 

• Like 3