Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Damn, wanted Liverpool to lose. I hate it they are so dominant.

To be honest, historically I have always hated liverpool.

But....its hard not to respect what klopp has done there, the team he has created will probably go down as one of the best ever premiership teams.

So yeah, not keen on liverpool usually, but currently they deserve every bit of success they get.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

To be honest, historically I have always hated liverpool.

But....its hard not to respect what klopp has done there, the team he has created will probably go down as one of the best ever premiership teams.

So yeah, not keen on liverpool usually, but currently they deserve every bit of success they get.

I have no special feelings towards Liverpool, to me they are just one PL team. But I hate it in any league when one team is so much better than others. 

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Good piece by Michael Cox in the Athletic on the relegation battle. Paywalled (I think), but here's an excerpt:

I think this is why so many of us have stuck with Dean Smith, despite us hovering around the relegation zone all season. The bottom end of the table is just a much higher quality of football than in recent years. You don't look down at the Championship and think that any of those teams coming up would improve the league.

Yeah tbh the quality of the prem generally compared to when we were last there is like night and day.

Imagine 5-10 years ago some of the teams signing some of the players they have.....mind boggling.

Makes it all the sweeter to see the slow demise of manure also, gone are the years when they used to maintain success by just signing the best player from each of the clubs who could get close to them (ie: Berbatov, yorke etc etc).

The talent is so diverse now, I mean damn.....look at wolves....

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I have no special feelings towards Liverpool, to me they are just one PL team. But I hate it in any league when one team is so much better than others. 

Yeah possibly, but in reality liverpool haven't won the prem (top division) for 30 years, its only literally the last half of last season and this season so far, that liverpool are streets ahead.

Think back to 15-20 years ago when manure effectively dominated for an entire decade or more......they were the real dark times :)

in fact it was so bad I'm loving to see manure be only just a top 6 side.....and thats debatable now tbh.....

Edited by MaVilla

35 minutes ago, Enda said:

Mane did us a big favour there I think. Will deflate Norwich a good bit, hopefully.

People still really worried about Norwich?

When you look at them still having the likes of West Ham and Brighton still to play at home I'd like them to pick up a few wins. Really they need 20 points to stay up now and they'll simply run out of games.

• Like 2

Heres one to ponder. No agenda, just for interest.

(Not a prediction !)

If you take everyone from Burnley down, take their Form over the last 7 games, ( some would say it’s as reasonable a guide as anything) then apply that Form ( ie points per game) to their remaining games, the final table of those 11 Clubs would look like this....

Burnley 51

Saints 48

Arsenal 46

Villa 43

Bournemouth 43

Watford 43

Newcastle 42

Brighton 39

————————-

Palace 37

West Ham 33

Norwich 28 

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

If you take everyone from Burnley down, take their Form over the last 7 games, ( some would say it’s as reasonable a guide as anything) then apply that Form ( ie points per game) to their remaining games, the final table of those 11 Clubs would look like this....

Burnley 51

Saints 48

Arsenal 46

Villa 43

Bournemouth 43

Watford 43

Newcastle 42

Brighton 39

————————-

Palace 37

West Ham 33

Norwich 28 

How’s it look over last 6? It’s normally the number of games on form charts.

I don’t have it to hand. I have the last 5 games.

I won’t put all 11 again, we’d have 43 points, the bottom  6 would be....

Bournemouth 40

Watford 36

Palace 35

———————

Brighton 34

West Ham 29

Norwich  28 

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lol I just have a sneaky feeling you’ve snuck that’s Norwich win to keep us up haven’t you? ;) 
I think we’ll be ok.

Right. Specially for you, last 6 gives us 40 points.

Bottom 6 would be

Watford 39

Burnley 38

Palace 36

——————

West Ham 35

Brighton 34

Norwich 28

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Lol I just have a sneaky feeling you’ve snuck that’s Norwich win to keep us up haven’t you? ;) 
I think we’ll be ok.

It’s all in my little books but I started a new one on Boxing Day which is why I went back 7 games. 

Of course if we’d lost that and won the next one I’d have only gone back 6 !😉

• Haha 1

Just now, useless said:

We're eleventh in the form table based on every club's last six games. So relatively speaking, even without including the Norwich result we've still being doing well of late.

You’ve cheated and used the internet I bet !

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

People still really worried about Norwich?

When you look at them still having the likes of West Ham and Brighton still to play at home I'd like them to pick up a few wins. Really they need 20 points to stay up now and they'll simply run out of games.

Indeed. To reach 38 points they would need to maintain Top 4 Form from now until the end of the Season. It’s not happening.

The more of our rivals they beat, the better.

37 minutes ago, terrytini said:

(Not a prediction !)

Burnley 51

Saints 48

Arsenal 46

Villa 43

Bournemouth 43

Watford 43

Newcastle 42

Brighton 39

————————-

Palace 37

West Ham 33

Norwich 28 

Christ Arsenal are worse than I realised...

• Like 1