Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

People still really worried about Norwich?

When you look at them still having the likes of West Ham and Brighton still to play at home I'd like them to pick up a few wins. Really they need 20 points to stay up now and they'll simply run out of games.

Of course. Had they miraculously managed a win today they were only four points behind Villa. With 13 matches to go! I reckon they'll go down of course, but there's many twists and turns left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Only thing with Norwich is wasn't Leicester in a similar boat and stormed the last few games? 

Yes, 22 points from their last 9 games. If they’d repeated that Form over the Season, they’d have got 92 points and Won the League.

Which they did the following year.

So you are correct, but there’s a strong argument to say, based on what they ended up doing, that they should never have been down the bottom to begin with. 
Whereas Norwich....

But yes, it is certainly possible. They could put together a run of Top 4 Standards. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Of course. Had they miraculously managed a win today they were only four points behind Villa. With 13 matches to go! I reckon they'll go down of course, but there's many twists and turns left.

What you say is true, but the actuality is they didn’t Win, they are 7 Points behind, way worse GD, having played a game more.

That means they’d have to Win 3 that we lose, to go ahead of us ( having Won only 4 all Season ) and then match whatever we do in our last 10, in their remaining 9.

Like most things in football, it’s possible. But unlikely.

There certainly will be many twists and turns, which is why it’s all such great fun !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Could go 4 points clear of Watford and West Ham with a win today. I’d be ecstatic with a win, but i’d also be happy with a point today.  UTV

This is the absolute away banker of the weekend I’m afraid. I usually am pretty optimistic but I can’t find any grounds for optimism anywhere in this one.

Villa concede at least 2 goals per match. That will happen again today. That means we will have to score at least 2 to stand a chance of a point. Jack aside, I do not see anything within the Villa team that can hurt a Mourinho side. You need high energy, pace and physicality to stand a chance and we are lacking in all of those areas. Mourinho will have a plan to keep Jack out of the game and so I predict a regulation 0-2 victory for Spuds.

I really hope that I am wrong of course but I fear I am not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

This is the absolute away banker of the weekend I’m afraid. I usually am pretty optimistic but I can’t find any grounds for optimism anywhere in this one.

Villa concede at least 2 goals per match. That will happen again today. That means we will have to score at least 2 to stand a chance of a point. Jack aside, I do not see anything within the Villa team that can hurt a Mourinho side. You need high energy, pace and physicality to stand a chance and we are lacking in all of those areas. Mourinho will have a plan to keep Jack out of the game and so I predict a regulation 0-2 victory for Spuds.

I really hope that I am wrong of course but I fear I am not!

I don't disagree but there are reasons to be positive.

In the 19 games since Mourinho Joined Spurs (all comps). They've only kept 3 clean sheets (Burnley, Watford, and a 10-man Man City who had 19 shots but only 6 on target)

They've conceded on average 1.3 goals per game. Conceding 25 goals.

We've kept 3 Clean sheets too (17 games) against Norwich, Newcastle and Liverpool (U10s). Conceding 1.7 goals per game (30 goals).

So there's reason to think there should be goals for both sides today. Spurs have an advantage and they've improved since Mourinho has signed the likes of Bergwijn and Lo Celso has returned from injury so it'll a tough game

• Like 2