Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I think we will get to about 36 points. That probably won’t be enough to keep us up this season and we will end up ruing so many wasted opportunities just like the last two matches.

Norwich bottom, then us and one of West Ham, Watford, Brighton or Bournemouth in 18th.

We are just too nice. We play quite well and still get nothing from the match. I watched Burnley yesterday be absolutely awful and get all 3 points at Southampton because they dig in. I bet we play better at Southampton than Burnley did yesterday and still get beaten! So frustrating!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think we will get to about 36 points. That probably won’t be enough to keep us up this season and we will end up ruing so many wasted opportunities just like the last two matches.

Norwich bottom, then us and one of West Ham, Watford, Brighton or Bournemouth in 18th.

We are just too nice. We play quite well and still get nothing from the match. I watched Burnley yesterday be absolutely awful and get all 3 points at Southampton because they dig in. I bet we play better at Southampton than Burnley did yesterday and still get beaten! So frustrating!

Mings should be back so that would make me a bit more confident but certainly feels like a game we'll be 0-0 and looking o.k for long periods and then Ings will ghost past Konsa or Hause who are waving at their partners in the away end with ten minutes left!

• Like 1

I just don’t see us getting 15 points now given our run in. 

I acknowledge smith has gotten better performances out of them but none of the basic errors have been addressed. In game management is so poor and naivety stems from the bench. Personally wondering what Terry is bringing at this point the defending from set pieces is awful

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

Next week is huge. I know we are all down from that result but we are still out the zone so I have hope.

It feels like it's going down to the last game to me.

I was hopeful a few weeks back we could stay up before the final game which we somehow did in the two Lambert seasons. Every defeat makes that less likely.

I'd probably sign up now for a final day where we're a point ahead of West Ham and Watford so would likely stay up with a draw although would be nerve shredding afternoon.

Edited by VillaChris

26 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I just don’t see us getting 15 points now given our run in. 

I acknowledge smith has gotten better performances out of them but none of the basic errors have been addressed. In game management is so poor and naivety stems from the bench. Personally wondering what Terry is bringing at this point the defending from set pieces is awful

We don’t need 15 points. 12 will be more than enough.

Southampton have lost their last 3 games and 4 of their last 5. They are also the worst home side in the league having only won 3 all season and lost 8. It won't be easy but we can certainly go their and get a win. If we do it not only obviously gives us a huge boost it drags Southampton well into the relegation mix.

Can't help but be down after the kick in the bollocks of losing in the last minute but taking the positives we played pretty well today against a good side and created some really good openings. We are also still out of the relegation places 26 games in. Hopefully a win next week then go into the cup final the week after and have McGinn back for the run in. Still plenty to play for and reasons to keep the faith.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Hopefully even hough we lost today we can build on this performance....

I wonder if Newcastle could get sucked into the mix now?

There are several teams that could get sucked in but the teams at the bottom, us, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth etc. just aren’t winning games. Newcastle are absolutely dreadful but they’re getting away with it because, and I hate to say it, we’re ever worse. 

Honestly, the standard of this league is horrific this season and we’ve managed to still f*** it all up. 

Our summer business gets worse as the weeks pass by. 

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Hopefully even hough we lost today we can build on this performance....

I wonder if Newcastle could get sucked into the mix now?

Newcastle-Palace next weekend I think. Will be interesting run in for the loser although they'll probably shake hands on a 0-0 beforehand and not even bother to play the match.

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Southampton have lost their last 3 games and 4 of their last 5. They are also the worst home side in the league having only won 3 all season and lost 8. It won't be easy but we can certainly go their and get a win. If we do it not only obviously gives us a huge boost it drags Southampton well into the relegation mix.

Can't hep but be down after the kick int he bollocks of losing in the last minute but taking the positives we played pretty well today against a good side and created some really good openings. We are also still out of the relegation places 26 games in. Hopefully a win next week then go into the cup final the week after and have McGinn back for the run in. Still plenty to play for and reasons to keep the faith.

Desperately trying to keep the faith Mark but it’s fading fast. We make so many basic individual errors that I really do not staying up. We are just not good enough and even though I’ve been very positive of survival all season, it is now becoming clear we do not have enough quality. Cannot see us getting 4 wins at all. It’s a big reset in the Summer minus our better players but maybe when we get promoted again we may be more prepared as circumstances last time meant too much of a rebuild with not enough funds due to FFP. 

• Like 2

I think were in trouble ! 26 games 25 points, its still in our own hands but :

we have 11 games left so even if we manage 1 point a game from here 37  is very unlikely to be enough 

we play  mainly top half teams from here on in  - exception being  w ham  - crystal palace  and Newcastle who we have to take points from.

Its not impossible  but whilst we continue to tinker with players and systems very unlikely . We need a massive change of form and some luck but given what we have seen so far its seems very unlikely IMO.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, the standard of this league is horrific this season and we’ve managed to still f*** it all up. 

Our summer business gets worse as the weeks pass by. 

I can't disagree with you, before the season I had expectations we wouldn't struggle based on the amount of poor teams such as Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford etc but we've still managed to be just as bad.