Cup Final Two (of three) - pre-match

mjmooney

Gotta get up at 430am to watch this, not that I'm complaining. While most of you have to spend all day in agonising suspense, I will be dreaming of Grealish curling a 20 yarder into the top far corner to guarantee our passage through. 

May the day go quickly for you locals, see you in 7 hours. It's going to be glorious.... 

I'm gonna go launch a rocket with my lad to pass the time.

That's not a euphemism, it's a toy.

Dirty pricks. 

As long as we don't concede and we score more than them, I don't think we have anything to worry about, but that's just one man's opinion.  I'm open to others if anyone else has anything constructive to say, I'd really enjoy reading it, considering it and then maybe replying to it later 😊

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm shitting myself, more worried for tonight than I was Saturday and have no idea why. Not going to be easy but I just hope this team can see it through.

Because if we **** up on Saturday we could rectify it tonight. If we **** up tonight, its game over and the ramifications are MOSSIV!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who is ref tonight? You know they will try get any form advantage over us. 

Nedd a strong ref. 

Chris Kavanagh apparently.

Found this : Prior to his promotion to Select Group 1 status, Kavanagh made his Premier League debut in April 2017 as West Bromwich Albion lost to Southampton 1-0 at The Hawthorns, while he has been fourth official in the top flight on a number of occasions.

Certainly likes dishing out the cards: 74 yellow and 2 red in 24 Premier games, 15 in 4 matches in our division.

Edited by rjw63
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Chris Kavanagh apparently.

Found this : Prior to his promotion to Select Group 1 status, Kavanagh made his Premier League debut in April 2017 as West Bromwich Albion lost to Southampton 1-0 at The Hawthorns, while he has been fourth official in the top flight on a number of occasions.

Let's hope the same score tonight. I'd be delighted if w ego to their turf and win. 

Walking the dog in the sunshine (to the pub). Early dutch courage. 

Think it'll be fine, but an early goal would really help. 

I'd start with Whelan, sub Hourihane as last game. We need control to start with. I'd be tempted by Green to start to try to get in behind them and keep them honest. From recollection Albert's done well when he's come on later. Otherwise, as you were. 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

There's something wrong with me, I'm fairly relaxed.

There's something wrong with me.  I can't see how a side at home and chasing the game who don't like playing on the front foot have a hope against a side who always do.

• Like 1

We've been really good at seeing games out last few months , game management under Smith and Captain Jack has been brilliant. We have the lead and 90 mins of game management to navigate. Its well within our grasp, really hope everyone keeps their head and we don't end up with any suspensions/injuries.

Plus our away form has been pretty immaculate recently:

Small heath 0-1 VILLA

Forest 1-3 VILLA

Cabbage's 1-3 VILLA

Rovrum 1-2 VILLA

Bolton 0-2 VILLA

Cheating Leeds 1-1 VILLA

We're going to do it lads dont worry, 11 wins a draw and nothing loss in last 13. No Gayle. Plenty of space for us to attack without 10 behind the ball. Its our night, we'll bury those cockroaches UTV

This never happens, and maybe I'm going mad but....

I'm 100 percent confident we will win today. Comfortably. We are clearly the better team, they defended for their lives and now only have 1 attacking weapon. 

3 - 1 to Villa.

18 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I think Smith will go with the same team that started on sat.

I don't see why anyone should be nervous. man for man we are a better team.

Sometimes the better team doesn't go through. I think had we won 3-1 be a lot more confident. 

In a way its maybe better as complacency can creep in but 2-1 there really is nothing in it. 

Well, i am very nervous. The boggies know they'll have to play properly this time and okay, no Gayle but they beat us without him before (ok, i know it was a different villa then). I do believe in us too, it's just that a fluke deflection or a mistake early on nullifies our advantage. As long as we keep it tight, stay patient then I'll be happier. 

Sometimes.....just sometimes i wish i didn't care about football and that this would just be another tue night in may, just for the sake of my nerves. 

Happy with a 1-1 tonight.