Cup Final Two (of three) - pre-match

mjmooney

Gonna avoid the game until 9:30ish. Can’t stand it. 

Will no doubt have messages from mates taking the piss if we concede. One of which is a Leeds fan. They seem to go quiet whenever Villa do something good though. 

46 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

Don't concede early is what I keep telling myself

I was saying this to my mate in the pub last night too. But under DS I'm pretty confident we can handle whatever is thrown at us. 

We all have to be aware that West Brom will have periods of dominance in this game. They have nothing to lose and will have to push up at some stage. We need Tammy on the top of his games as we will get chances, its all about taking them. 

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I'm less confident tonight, especially as we've seen Liverpool and spurs come back from much worse last week 

Don't fall into that trap. For us, tonight is about attitude, and continuing to set the tempo and mind-set of the tie. Let them worry about us as we do what we do best.

The thing with the Champions League games last week was, Barcelona were on the beach thinking that the job was done. They never really looked like scoring again and somehow, their cavalier attitude to the game at Anfield cost them - attitude. I think Ajax, after having a peaky blinder in the first leg at Spurs may have fallen into the same crack - they didn't perform nearly as well at home in the second leg. Again, I put that down to attitude.

For us... we didn't start great this time, but now we know what we're up against, and have the added bonus of being a goal up. Keep our feet on their throat, and we will prevail. It's ours to lose now. We have the aptitude, in spades. We just need the attitude to dictate the pace of the game, and ultimately the tie. It won't be easy... but we're not coming into this 3-0 down against Barcelona, Leeds or Sheffield United.

• Like 1

Just kidding myself thinking I will be productive at work today. Been at work for 6 hours and all I've done is 3 emails, one meeting and 3-4 minor project edits. How I will write my hours today I'll never know. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KB_Villan said:

Listened to the WM phone in from earlier this evening, So many deluded Albion fans! Anyone would think we have the EFL in our back pocket. I wouldn't be happy with Tammy at all if he acted the way Gayle had.  Especially if the Ref has warned him.

Think I'd go with the same starting XI for tomorrow.  As much as the baggies will push for an early goal, we're so much better at keeping the ball/controlling a game now (Saturday mistake aside). should be more space going forwards so hopefully see more of Abraham this game.

and a few other players hesitancy too( on the ball).....keeping good control of the ball, will be important tonight and not panic in to mistakes.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm shitting myself, more worried for tonight than I was Saturday and have no idea why. Not going to be easy but I just hope this team can see it through.

I was more worried Saturday.....for the exact way it panned out.

They will have it harder to contain us tonight......provided we take the initiative.

whoever wins that......wins the tie.

Their downfall is their defence and they HAVE to come at us considering they are at home and need to beat us. 

Can only work in our favour IMO, we have been pretty solid defensively since around Feb time and have no problem scoring goals.