Cup Final Two (of three) - pre-match

mjmooney

Well if we don't win tonight we can't excuse Smith of bottling it, he's gone balls deep with that line up. 

I can’t complain about the team. I like that Green replaces Albert,  probably would have kept Whelan in (assuming he’s rested and 100 per cent) but it’s 50/50 between him and Conor, really. Must mean we expect to have a lot of the ball in their half, and expect them to be less of a threat on the break without Gayle. I hope our midfield three finds the right balance. 

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Got a good feeling about Andre starting, I think he’ll get a goal, or at least cause them so many problems that it’ll free up space for others. 

Lol why?

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I'm very happy with his selection this time. I think Whelan and Adomah are crap players. Good on you Smith

I don't agree with about Whelan but hooray for the rest of the post!!

Positive team selection by the gaffer but can't argue with it at all! Such a difference from our previous fella in charge!

Big positive for me is the omission of Albert and I just hope Green can become a Villa legend tonight and do the business and fire us to Wembley! 

UTV 

• Like 1

Good line up. Whelan & Connor swapping roles is a smart move. Both good players but Connor played himself in. Glen can come on and either turn the game around if we are behind or seal the win.

Happy with Smiths attacking intent.