Match Thread: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Just now, rodders0223 said:

I agree, they are bloody good, but that's the standard. Hourihane, McGinn and Jack need to find their passes so much quicker.

This is what it will be like in the PL every game.

We need to be able to adapt should we get promoted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I logged on to mention the commentators and pleased to find everyone saying the exact same thing

The most biased commentary I’ve ever heard ( including Neville and Carragher commenting on their teams)

Who's the pundit giving comments?

Don Goodman 

Yam yam hates the villa

We struggle against teams who set up just like Leeds have done today:  Those who press us all over the pitch, pressure the players as we receive the ball, and cut off our passing options.  Kodja, El Ghazi, and Grealish are either marked out completely or fouled/muscled off the ball immediately after they get possession.  Mings is a class above everyone else on the pitch, though, and is singlehandedly denting the Leeds attack.  They've had more chances, but their finishing is awful.  Grealish is winding the entire Leeds team up, but let's be honest, half their team could have yellows by now if the ref had any kind of balls on him.  I get the feeling that this game is either going to finish 0-0 or someone will nick a winner late on.

• Like 1

Phillips and Dallas should both have been booked - Leeds players taking turns to kick Grealish. 

It's been a decent game, end to end stuff Bamford has been a danger for them and we've looked decent going forwards.

At the moment I'd predict Hernandez won't make 90 minutes. He's on a booking, been involved in a row with Mings had a right go at the ref at half time - he's got to be on a tightrope and this ref will only warn players two or three times before he goes to the book.

We can win this.

They are doing the right thing, this high pressure is the way to win against us. We're doing well so far, since Leeds has been extremely aggressive. Now let's hope they tire as the game goes on.

• Like 3

Just now, villalad21 said:

Leeds are well on par with us.

Makes me less confident in the play offs

They're at home. If we play them in the final they won't be, neither will we, but our away support is drastically better than any team in England. I always expect the home team to play better because they have the home advantage. Are Leeds playing that much better given the home advantage? Not at all. I'm not concerned. 

Leeds are in there time of the month it looks like, I don't think I've ever seen a team so whiny and spoilt when things don't go there way.

The amount of hassle they are dishing out to officials I'm surprised a red card hasn't been given over it, I've seen children behave better..

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I actually don’t see the what green offers. Really do think we have better options than him. 

You think when he gets the ball his pace will destroy defenders, but he just runs with no pace and looses it

I don't think I've ever seen him have a good game, I certainly hope we have better next season. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds are well on par with us.

Makes me less confident in the play offs

They are just about holding their own and they are at home. I'm confident we would beat them at Wembley.

Why wouldn't Leeds try to injure Jack? It's the smart play. This game is a freebie. Injure Grealish, get sent off if needs be. It won't affect their position if they lose. He's the biggest danger player in the playoffs. It's a 180 million pound game. Lose their 2 million pound defender for the playoffs through suspension but don't come up against Grealish. That sounds like a good deal

Just now, Daweii said:

They're at home. If we play them in the final they won't be, neither will we, but our away support is drastically better than any team in England. I always expect the home team to play better because they have the home advantage. Are Leeds playing that much better given the home advantage? Not at all. I'm not concerned. 

Hopefully TA to come back as well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

Have we really only got 27% possession?   I'm listening to audio and it has sounded about even.

Leeds has had alot of meaningless possession just passing it around in their own half.

We are actually passing the ball forward more