Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

10 minutes ago, choffer said:

Yep. The club have given a definitive answer on this one.

July.

@NurembergVillan

Can you share some insight into why the AV kit always seems the last one to be released? Why do we always have to wait until July?

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

@NurembergVillan

Can you share some insight into why the AV kit always seems the last one to be released? Why do we always have to wait until July?

Guessing it’s due to changing manufactures again as the contracts usually run till June 30th

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

Guessing it’s due to changing manufactures again as the contracts usually run till June 30th

Yes, but it feels like it happens every year. 

Can anyone remember a Villa Kit released in May? 

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

More than likely this and/or sponsor too.

I'd expect next summer, given it should still be Kappa and W88, we'll get our shirts earlier.

Just now, Mic09 said:

Yes, but it feels like it happens every year. 

We rarely have a manufacturer AND sponsor the same every year.  Either that or we're lower down the pecking order for the brands we've been with.

There are a multitude of possible reasons beyond the main one, but it's essentially - if the kit goes into manufacture late, or needs changing AFTER manufacture, it'll be late going on the shelves.

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

They're nice, for sure.  One of them has an element that is pretty close to what I saw.

Perhaps the late 80s-esque split stripe pattern on the white one? Seems like it was commented on earlier in this thread as well

42 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s such a shame we can’t stick with Luke. His kits were just awesome. 

I never got the hype about them to be honest. They were nice kit's but nothing special.

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

We rarely have a manufacturer AND sponsor the same every year.  Either that or we're lower down the pecking order for the brands we've been with.

There are a multitude of possible reasons beyond the main one, but it's essentially - if the kit goes into manufacture late, or needs changing AFTER manufacture, it'll be late going on the shelves.

08-10:  Nike + Acorns

12 - 15: Macron + Dafabet

Are ones I remember off the top of my head, and we got our kits late in every one of those seasons if I remember correctly. I think it's just an Aston Villa thing at this point :lol: 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

08-10:  Nike + Acorns

12 - 15: Macron + Dafabet

Are ones I remember off the top of my head, and we got our kits late in every one of those seasons if I remember correctly. I think it's just an Aston Villa thing at this point :lol: 

Macron and Dafabet were only 2 seasons together, 2013-14 and 2014-15.

And both of those periods had significantly earlier reveals than we are used to. The 09-10 Away kit was revealed 24 May and the Home soon after. The 2014-15 Home kit was revealed 2 June and the Away a week later, again much earlier than the usual July reveal, although still a bit late compared to some.

For what ever reason we always seem to get a new sponsor a year before the manufacturer deal ends and vice versa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Macron and Dafabet were only 2 seasons together, 2013-14 and 2014-15.

And both of those periods had significantly earlier reveals than we are used to. The 09-10 Away kit was revealed 24 May and the Home soon after. The 2014-15 Home kit was revealed 2 June and the Away a week later, again much earlier than the usual July reveal, although still a bit late compared to some.

For what ever reason we always seem to get a new sponsor a year before the manufacturer deal ends and vice versa.

Shows how good my memory is. At least I got the dates right though :lol: 

This from the FCG minutes was interesting

We can’t comment on how the Fanatics deal has been presented in the past, however, we are confident that the Kappa partnership will supply us with the appropriate levels of kit to meet demand.  Aston Villa is of very high priority to Kappa in their football portfolio.

Kappa have expressed a desire to meet with fan representatives to consult on kit design for season 2020/2021 – this is something the club will be happy to facilitate.

To me that suggests the Kappa deal isn't the same as the previous deal. And the final line would suggest Kappa most certainly are involved in designing the kit.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This from the FCG minutes was interesting

To me that suggests the Kappa deal isn't the same as the previous deal. And the final line would suggest Kappa most certainly are involved in designing the kit.

Or will be in 2020/21.

• Like 2

On 20/06/2019 at 13:25, NurembergVillan said:

More than likely this and/or sponsor too.

I'd expect next summer, given it should still be Kappa and W88, we'll get our shirts earlier.

I thought I read somewhere (FCG minutes maybe) that the W88 deal was a one year deal?

• Like 1

Â