Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

There are differences, mine has a stripe pattern on the claret, the piping is thinner and I've used the blue from the crest whereas on the Nike one it's a much brighter blue.

Overall design is very similar though, just goes to show how difficult it is to come up with something completely original. Might have another blast this afternoon if work quietens down.

Good man, try a green away shirt!

Roll on a glimpse of the real thing!

19 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still struggle to comprehend how a single cabbage can turn around a football club's fortune in such a way. 

to be fair, i think an argument can be made that cabbages played as important a role as NSWE, pitarch, Purslow and smith, cus tbh............the cabbage was the catalyst for smith being appointed, and by extension assisted in our promotion to the premier league.

cabbage.jpg

• Like 1

Just trying a few more things as it turns out my home design looked a lot like our first Nike kit...

mzKKGEc.jpg

W28Udkv.jpg

eP1LThw.jpg

ihdeRzp.jpg

Turns out designing a claret and blue strip that we or West Ham haven't already done is quite tricky!

Edited by Teale's 'tache
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Number one is great - do you reckon the fine stripes would look as good on a real shirt?

Too small and they make no difference, to chunky and they look tacky? 

Well, I'm not a fashion designer and that's the kind of thing a fashion designer would probably know. I would say we had a strip back in the 80's(see below) which had thin lines that worked quite well, so I've tried to stick to roughly that width of stripe, I've just made them more subtle and put them on a diagonal.

hummel-villa-87-89b.jpg

44 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just trying a few more things as it turns out my home design looked a lot like our first Nike kit...

mzKKGEc.jpg

W28Udkv.jpg

eP1LThw.jpg

ihdeRzp.jpg

Turns out designing a claret and blue strip that we or West Ham haven't already done is quite tricky!

#3 is shmexy, would love to see us kick off our PL return in that. Wouldn't personally buy it though as it's too similar to our current one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I doubt he will for much longer, can't see him being a long term part of their plans

So he's worth more than £8 🤔 If they want him to go sooner, they'll have to buy his shares. I can't see him selling them cheap. His share will continue to dilute, but the value of his shareholding is likely to stay the same or even increase.

I don't like this repeated theme that he has no money. He had no liquidity for a time, he's still rich compared to most.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, limpid said:

So he's worth more than £8 🤔 If they want him to go sooner, they'll have to buy his shares. I can't see him selling them cheap. His share will continue to dilute, but the value of his shareholding is likely to stay the same or even increase.

I don't like this repeated theme that he has no money. He had no liquidity for a time, he's still rich compared to most.

I think the £8 jest was lost.. if he was that rich we wouldn't have been in the shit last summer. He's a wannabe in my opinion and will always be a wannabe. I hope they plan to buy him out and end the final page of the worst chapter in recent years. 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

I think the £8 jest was lost.. if he was that rich we wouldn't have been in the shit last summer. He's a wannabe in my opinion and will always be a wannabe. I hope they plan to buy him out and end the final page of the worst chapter in recent years. 

He is and was rich. Last summer he had no access to cash. Your opinion doesn't change the facts. He will be significantly richer when they buy him out - his shareholding is probably worth about £30m at the moment. I don't know what you mean by "wannabe", but he'll be one of those with £30m more than he has today.

18 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

PTCUkXx.jpg

I did a green shirt earlier in the thread, got mixed reviews, here's an updated version though...

I can't wait to see what they come up with!

I think if you add a little bit of subtle red between the green and black stripes, bring it a tad more with the 1994 away kit, I might just fall in love with that. Not too much red, just a faint darker red line.

I still really like that though and would be delighted if our away kit next season is anything similar to that.

21 hours ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

I think if you add a little bit of subtle red between the green and black stripes, bring it a tad more with the 1994 away kit, I might just fall in love with that. Not too much red, just a faint darker red line.

I still really like that though and would be delighted if our away kit next season is anything similar to that.

Can you try a claret rim instead of the red and as suggested..thin claret lines separating the green and black..could that work?

The away kit should be yellow and blue as it was back in the early 70s when I first started to go to games. In fact it was the home kit, but in yellow and blue. Call me an old duffer, but I liked that. Anyway it’s Father’s Day so I’m allowed to turn into my Dad. Which I’ve got a sneaking suspicion I have for most of the other 364 days too.  

• Like 2

Â