Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

13 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Makes sense now you mention it, one of many cases where function overrules design,  all a designer can do is make the best they can with the guidelines given to them :) 

I would always have a copy of every league and competition guidelines on my desk.  They're often different, so what is allowed in the Premier League may not be in a UEFA competition and vice versa.

At one point the guidelines for FIFA and UEFA were different, so whilst the overall size allowed for a brand logo was the same the method of measuring them was different (one inside a box so any negative space was counted, one that used straight lines between points - e.g. the Puma cat was measured in a square for one competition and a triangle for another so in effect they were different sizes).

This is the sort of thing you'd have to deal with - http://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/derbyshirefa/files/the-fa-guide-to-kit-advertising-regulations-2017-18.ashx

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I would always have a copy of every league and competition guidelines on my desk.  They're often different, so what is allowed in the Premier League may not be in a UEFA competition and vice versa.

At one point the guidelines for FIFA and UEFA were different, so whilst the overall size allowed for a brand logo was the same the method of measuring them was different (one inside a box so any negative space was counted, one that used straight lines between points - e.g. the Puma cat was measured in a square for one competition and a triangle for another so in effect they were different sizes).

This is the sort of thing you'd have to deal with - http://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/derbyshirefa/files/the-fa-guide-to-kit-advertising-regulations-2017-18.ashx

I've seen these kinds of documents before, although I rarely have to deal with anything this in-depth in my line of work(Web Design).

When you consider the restrictions and guidelines the kit designers have to work to they really do a magnificent job most of the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Now I've got the new template I thought I'd update with full kits for the ones I've shown before with a few tweaks here and there...

x4dimzZ.jpg

Those are nice. Can I ask what the template is called? Been looking for a decent one for a good few weeks now. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

They're nice, for sure.  One of them has an element that is pretty close to what I saw.

The shorts on the graffiti when Kappa were announced were blue is this what you have seen?  

Also West Ham are doing shirts with and without sponsor is this something you think could catch on?  I guess a design always has to take in the sponsor which limits certain things?

From my point of view the sponsor pays the club not me so if I could say pay an extra fiver for a shirt without I would be more than happy.

14 minutes ago, greenz said:

Those are nice. Can I ask what the template is called? Been looking for a decent one for a good few weeks now. 

Yep, you can find it here https://psfiles.com/new-football-kit-mockup-2019/ It's quite a big file, but pretty easy to use if you know your way around Photoshop :) 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Yep, you can find it here https://psfiles.com/new-football-kit-mockup-2019/ It's quite a big file, but pretty easy to use if you know your way around Photoshop :) 

Thanks. Used to be big on FM mods years ago but deleted all my stuff... I fancy getting back into making kits tho, where better to start 😊

• Like 1

That white one is too clean. Shame because I already have 2 white Villa kits that look very similar, can't justified what is it, 50 odd pounds for another one.

Just hoping that third kit looks good.

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

They're nice, for sure.  One of them has an element that is pretty close to what I saw.

Oooh. Interesting. Not that you’re able to say, but I’m hoping it’s the gradation at the bottom of the third kit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Me too.

Weird thing is that I don’t normally like it. I hated the spurs kit from last year, but for some reason I like that third strip. Maybe it’s the black/blue thing.

Â