Villa Kit 2019-20

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Love the kit, and how you’ve managed to photoshop it on to Scott Hogan is even better! Phenomenal work!

That would imply that Hogan is useful for something... we should up whatever fee we are demanding!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

For those kit mock up artists—shouldn't you be moving the badge and the kappa logo much higher the way kappa do on their kits? I look at these and think they look nice, but it's a design detail that really jumps out as missing.

I really hadn't looked all that much at Kappa's recent designs, mainly because as I understand it Fanatics will be doing the designing and Kappa just sign it off once they are happy.

In any case they were probably too low on my mock-ups, so I've upped them on the most recent versions.

8 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Nice but Kappa put the sponsors much higher too...

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 13.29.15.png

Kappa aren't doing the designing as I understand it, although they will have some say, that means it's very hard to guess what the new kit might look like.

I've just been doing what I think looks good, within the guidelines I've guessed might be in place. Personally, I don't like everything being quite so high and scrunched together as in the Kappa designs, the designer in me likes things to have room to breathe :) 

• Like 2

So I am a bit confused.

What exactly are Kappa doing for this kit?  

If Fanatics are designing and manufacturing the kits is Kappa just the badge slapped on.

If that is the case is this another way of getting a Sponsor on the shirt without declaring it as much?

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Now I've got the new template I thought I'd update with full kits for the ones I've shown before with a few tweaks here and there...

x4dimzZ.jpg

Hd666Zt.jpg

PBKz5TX.jpg

nWpECaP.jpg

That blue and black. Wow 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

So I am a bit confused.

What exactly are Kappa doing for this kit?  

If Fanatics are designing and manufacturing the kits is Kappa just the badge slapped on.

If that is the case is this another way of getting a Sponsor on the shirt without declaring it as much?

You've pretty much got it yeah, Kappa don't design it but they do have a say, apparently it was the same for last years kits with LUKE, he had a say and signed it off but the bulk of the design work was done by Fanatics. This is my understanding from when it was discussed a good few pages back in this thread, I'm no expert and have no inside knowledge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Kappa aren't doing the designing as I understand it, although they will have some say, that means it's very hard to guess what the new kit might look like.

I've just been doing what I think looks good, within the guidelines I've guessed might be in place. Personally, I don't like everything being quite so high and scrunched together as in the Kappa designs, the designer in me likes things to have room to breathe :) 

You couldn’t design a shirt for me could you? 😁

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Now I've got the new template I thought I'd update with full kits for the ones I've shown before with a few tweaks here and there...

x4dimzZ.jpg

Hd666Zt.jpg

PBKz5TX.jpg

nWpECaP.jpg

I would be more than happy if this was our quiver of kits for next year. Absolutely love all three.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Me too.  Unfortunately, the brands who pay the good money want their logos as high as possible to ensure TV coverage when the players are shown in close-up, either during the match or in post-match interviews.

That's why, for 2006, we put the Puma cat logos on the shoulders - we did some research and established there were more shots from overhead than side on, so we moved the sleeve logos to the top.

Makes sense now you mention it, one of many cases where function overrules design,  all a designer can do is make the best they can with the guidelines given to them :) 

• Like 1

Â