Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Did DS say that we have buy option clauses in three of the loans this season? Seem to remember reading that, but can’t remeber where it came from. 

I’m assuming that the three loans with buy options are Hause, Mings and El Ghazi?

Hopefully Tom Carroll ain't one of the 3 he is counting.

59 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

So Gollini is going to be playing in the champions league, that is surreal.

Hopefully he is the last in a line of foreign players that get isolated and feel out of place at the club. Hopefully the new regime is not so naive. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Hopefully Tom Carroll ain't one of the 3 he is counting.

Yeah was surprised when he said 3 as it's only 2 as far as I know? (Hause and el Ghazi)

• Like 1

I guarantee we wont be signing any of the over the hill mercenaries like Fer. Purslow and Smith interview confirms it, we will have a policy for our signings and any older players we sign will be value for money and also benefit the team. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I guarantee we wont be signing any of the over the hill mercenaries like Fer. Purslow and Smith interview confirms it, we will have a policy for our signings and any older players we sign will be value for money and also benefit the team. 

Yeah i just thought mainly as decent cover for very little money. This is assuming Whelen and Jedinek won't be at the club next season. I would like to see our funds concentrated on a quality striker and 2 quality central defenders, those 3 alone could cost us around £60m.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wouldn't mind an experienced full back, even Ashley Young or that Rafinha that left Bayern to help let Guilbert and possibly Justin settle in, but other than that you're right, we will be looking for potential future value like we tried a few years back, but with a manager willing to use them properly.  I'd love us to buy all our loan players as first priority.

Haven't been this excited about footy in a long, long time anyway.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Its not just the balance....but hey that's so important.

Its the SOUL we have the soul back....its the connection, that we have rediscovered and it is so,so hard, to rediscover that.

Dean and the backroom team with Susso, will be very aware of not to disrupt that.

Yes, attitude will be as much if not more important in recruiting players than talent 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wouldn't mind an experienced full back, even Ashley Young or that Rafinha that left Bayern to help let Guilbert and possibly Justin settle in, but other than that you're right, we will be looking for potential future value like we tried a few years back, but with a manager willing to use them properly.  I'd love us to buy all our loan players as first priority.

Haven't been this excited about footy in a long, long time anyway.

I think we will go with Elmo as back up and maybe Taylor on the left as back up. Which should be enough at the moment

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think we will go with Elmo as back up and maybe Taylor on the left as back up. Which should be enough at the moment

Elmo just about but Taylor scares the shit out of me when the ball goes near him.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Elmo just about but Taylor scares the shit out of me when the ball goes near him.  

I agree but for 6 months-1 year they can be enough. We should try to make as little amount of signings as possible. Look at Fulham they signed about 14 players and were a mess. If we keep 3 or 4 of loan players and add maybe 5 players is enough

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we need a left back, two centre halves, three wingers and a couple of strikers, maybe a keeper and maybe another centre mid.

It's a big job. 

I reckon you'd need £80m to buy the five loan players that played at Wembley. With the retirements and contract ends we've got coming up, that's £80m to be weaker than we were a couple of days ago  

We're about to find out an awful lot about our owners.

did some research, it looks like by owner value, we are now the third richest club in the UK????? (only behind Man City/Chelsea).

Obviously i dont mean turnover....just owner value.

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

TBH I am not sure we should be shopping in the Championship too much either. There is something to be said for Ipswich's fate last season. They bought some league 1 stars and sure enough they took them to league 1.

I am not sure our previously policy of hiring the best in the Championship (Hogan, Bree, McCormack) worked out for us.

To be fair we can flag both poor and terrific players from lower division teams. There are equally a great number of Championship derived players that have stepped up and thrived. It’s all about the player, scouting and the coaching. We do need a mix of talent though, but we have a first hand knowledge of Championship opponents so have a good perspective, they will all need to step up but the names mentioned have something about them and could succeed for phase 1 of the project.

• Like 1