Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

reposted here from NSWE board, as its kinda semi relevant to our "possible" spending power in the next few transfer windows.

Been looking at the value of the owners of clubs, i was amazed just how high up the list NSWE are?

For reference (not sure if true, just from google searches) - value of owners (UK clubs)

1) Man City - 22b - Abu Dhabi United Group

2) Chelsea - 13b - Abramovic

3) Aston Villa - 9.2b - NSWE/Xia

4) Barnsley - 9.1b - Various

5) Arsenal - 8b - Kroenke Sports

6) Wolves - 7.5b - Fosun

7) Fulham - 7.3b - Shahid Khan

8 ) Spurs - 6b - Currency Trading

9) Leicester - 5.1b - King Power Group

10) Man Utd - 5b - Glazer

If the owners are willing to invest over time, we could really be in for a fun ride...... 😛

Also.....WTH with Barnsley??? :)

21 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We have that **** pointless matching option on Mings dont we.

I think we do, but it was probably the only kind of 'buy clause' that they would stand for. 

Hopefully with mings we can use a bit of player power.. From what I have seen and read of him, tweets etc, he seems to love it here. 

Now we are in the prem, surely we are much more attractive than Bournemouth? 

He would be coming to a club that wants him, fans that love him and I'm sure we can now more than match the wages. 

Edited by richp999

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we need a left back, two centre halves, three wingers and a couple of strikers, maybe a keeper and maybe another centre mid.

It's a big job. 

I reckon you'd need £80m to buy the five loan players that played at Wembley. With the retirements and contract ends we've got coming up, that's £80m to be weaker than we were a couple of days ago  

We're about to find out an awful lot about our owners.

I think this is a fair assessment. Although I would say another centre mid is essential rather than a ‘maybe’ and we need three centre halves.

Hopefully we can tie up Mings and El Ghazi quickly, and Hause as well as back-up. I would hope to do this for under £25m.

I doubt Tammy or Tuanzebe will be affordable, but I wouldn’t be against loaning these two in again, and I think it will probably happen - just later in the window. 

I imagine Axel is going to get a fair crack at United this pre-season - although if they sign De Ligt, he will be surplus to requirements again, and they will want him to play first team football. Coming back to us would make sense.

I also just don’t think Tammy is good enough for Chelsea right now, transfer ban or not. He has a long way to go. He’s a young striker with a lot of potential and another season with us could suit all parties. Chelsea still have Giroud, Batshuayi and Morata. He’s 4th choice there.

That leaves LB, two wingers, a striker and a hopefully a holding DM.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

reposted here from NSWE board, as its kinda semi relevant to our "possible" spending power in the next few transfer windows.

Been looking at the value of the owners of clubs, i was amazed just how high up the list NSWE are?

For reference (not sure if true, just from google searches) - value of owners (UK clubs)

1) Man City - 22b - Abu Dhabi United Group

2) Chelsea - 13b - Abramovic

3) Aston Villa - 9.2b - NSWE/Xia

4) Barnsley - 9.1b - Various

5) Arsenal - 8b - Kroenke Sports

6) Wolves - 7.5b - Fosun

7) Fulham - 7.3b - Shahid Khan

8 ) Spurs - 6b - Currency Trading

9) Leicester - 5.1b - King Power Group

10) Man Utd - 5b - Glazer

If the owners are willing to invest over time, we could really be in for a fun ride...... 😛

Also.....WTH with Barnsley??? :)

Football is just madness, i don't find any of this enjoyable.

I miss the football from the old days, pure, honest and hard working

19 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Hopefully with mings we can use a bit of player power.. From what I have seen and read of him, tweets etc, he seems to love it here. 

He would be coming to a club that wants him, fans that love him and I'm sure we can now more than match the wages. 

This is actually a pretty big deal. They have already splashed cash on a replacement. If they reject our offer they will have a very unhappy player at their hands. At the same time er need to sign him to keep our core players moving forward.

I am pretty sure both clubs are aware of what cards they are holding, so I would be very surprised if he was signed for less or more than £ 12-15 million. 

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Football is just madness, i don't find any of this enjoyable.

I miss the football from the old days, pure, honest and hard working

With managers like Steve Bruce leading the way. Great days.

33 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Aubameyang anyone? 

He might actually want to join a club that wins things.

I think he’s a bit out of our league, for me, he’s one of the best strikers in the world now, he had a rare off day this evening

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Reading one of the Villa fan FB pages is painful.  The amount of people that would like to see Benteke back. SMH

Haha i really would. Probably wrong decision but if the right price and not the only striker signed i'd be up for it. 

• Like 1

We need...

Arguably 4 centre backs - Mings, Hause and Tuanzebe arent ours (although we'll buy Hause, Im sure), Elphick is probably going to be released (and isn't good enough for the PL anyway) and Chester has one knee.

Another left back as Taylor will be horribly exposed at the top level.

A reserve right back. Guilbert might be good, but if he isnt... do you want to see El Mohammady or Bree up against the PLs finest attackers? Nor me...

A holding midfield player. A good one. A proper one. Finally. 

Strength in depth in midfield - Grealish and/or McGinn get injured/suspended and we're looking at Lansbury, Hourihane or Bjarnasson...

3 wingers - El Ghazi isnt ours (see Hause), Adomah was just about effective in the championship and Green wasnt - neither will cut it in the PL, although Id like Green to be loaned into the championship.

2 or 3 strikers. If Tammy leaves Chelsea then I think we'd be one of his choices, but we cant assume he'll leave. Kodjia frustrated us in the championship - he won't cut it. I expect him to be sold. Hogan - lolz. Davis needs a loan out.

We need a LOT of work...

Steer/Kalinic

Guilbert    ??    ??    ??

McGinn    ??    Grealish

??    ??    ??

Are the only assured starters Id say.

Put Mings and El Ghazi in if you wish, but it still leaves 5 holes in the best XI plus depth...

Edited by StewieGriffin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha i really would. Probably wrong decision but if the right price and not the only striker signed i'd be up for it. 

You've not been following him at Palace? Knee injuries last 2 seasons. 1 goal 1 assist in 800 minutes 16 appearances last season. He's cooked

That is the problem, people keep saying we shouldnt do a fulham but it's going to cost 100mil to get a competitive squad. Only difference is some of the loan players will fit straight back in.

7 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

A reserve right back. Guilbert might be good, but if he isnt... do you want to see El Mohammady or Bree up against the PLs finest attackers? Nor me...

DELAET_PV1_1280x720_01.jpg 

"Oi Stewie, what about me, I'm here."

3 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

That is the problem, people keep saying we shouldnt do a fulham but it's going to cost 100mil to get a competitive squad. Only difference is some of the loan players will fit straight back in.

There are some absolute junk teams in the PL. Fulham were lucky to go up because we bottled it and then they got that fraud manager who won the league with Pearson's team and amazing scouts

6 hours ago, jonjon said:

Wrong, it is a 4 man team that decide on transfers, and that includes the Head Coach, is this case it was Dean Smith, who has now been replaced by our new head coach Thomas Frank. 

Thank you for clearing that up. That still brings me to the main thrust of my point - when people say Smith will want this player or that player or he signed him or him, they're guessing for the most part. They don't actually know to what extent his input was into each individual transfer. We have a different set up ourselves now I am sure, there is no way of knowing precisely at what point he is involved. My gut feeling based on how they have been talked about is that Suso was the main thrust behind the Kalinic, Mings and Hause transfers, which in itself is not a bad thing. Somebody did their job well. 

What we do know is that Smith is a wonderful coach. So give him the right players and we will thrive, that's all that matters. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

40 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

Exactly. We could buy 5 players and spend £80m and field exactly the same team as we did on Monday, and I would feel we have strengthened the club (because they are proven players and would be young, wholly owned playing assets). No one could criticise us if we did that.

Fulham did what we did in our relegation season: pulled in a load of new first teamers from overseas leagues with nothing in common. They broke up and disregarded their promotion winning side, with a load of players new to England and the Premier League. It had nothing to do with spending a lot of money, or actually buying a lot of players, but more about a badly conceived footballing strategy.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 4