Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

I think we need to be careful what we wish for.

We were relegated because we had an incredibly rich guy who for various reasons pulled the plug.

Big spending now is only going to lead to problems in the future.

We have a manager with a track record of taking young players and making them better.We have seen it for ourselves this season.

We should aim for a sustainable future.Make our best loan signings permanent El gazi, Mings and Hause and do some clever scouting.

Talk about Milner, Delph and Benteke is madness.The wages of these players would be huge and would upset dressing room harmonie.

Our biggest priority is getting a couple of strikers.To do that on a budget is a great skill .

The problem is, if you want us to win anything anytime soon then we need to mix it with the big boys when it comes to spending. Man City aren’t doing it in a ‘sustainable’ way. They just buy the best players and provide the best wages. That’s football now. It’s shit I agree, but let’s remember that trying to sign young players and build them up can backfire too. Like Bacuna, Sylla, Bowery, Bennett, Westwood and many others.

• Like 1

Being linked with so many players already. I think maupay could be a good signing but at 20m very excessive.

i know this might be unpopular but what about che Adams? I think he is a very good striker. Bid 15m and give them Gardner would nab him

Come to think of it, did AVFCPRIDEOFBRUM ever play for the Villatalk team? Just wondering if there's a potential sell-on fee due to Villatalk? I'm sure Limpid could do a lot of good things to the site with a 10% share of a 10 mill transfer fee :D

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Being linked with so many players already. I think maupay could be a good signing but at 20m very excessive.

i know this might be unpopular but what about che Adams? I think he is a very good striker. Bid 15m and give them Gardner would nab him

Maupay will succeed, he may not get 20 goals in the PL but he is effective and has succeeded under Smith’s system before. £15-£20m is the going rate for good players. 

Che Adams: I don’t like it, but I can question his effectiveness.

49 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'm scared if Maupay leads the line in the prem. Would we have the smallest squad/first eleven in the division 

Could easily be exploited 

I can’t see us buying Maupay with the intention of being the sole spearhead of our attack. We would buy him AND a headline Striker, Maupay would be building a squad of worthy players. Don’t forget we are likely losing Tammy, Hogan and McCormack. It’s about picking the low hanging fruit early, making sure we fill the ranks, the juicier, harder to get stuff is more difficult to get because everyone is after them.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I ha want seen enough of Maupay to say he’d be a good signing. However, it does look as if he’s only really performed well for one season. Would be a risk to step up to the prem.

Two seasons.

Are you worried about McGinn after one season? They all have to start in the Prem some time. What about Mahrez, Vardy, Ali etc stepping up - it’s about the quality. Not all players are “born” in the top divisions. 

Edited by thunderball

We should be looking at what Wolves have done and take it from there. Players with PL experience was a MON thing and put us in the shit financially.

Hopefully we are also looking slightly further afield than the Championship.

The likes of Mings, Maupay and Justin would be good, and I would be happy with those 3 (and El Ghazy), but we also need to be looking at young talent from places like Portugal.

Lolley is a no for me as I just don't think he would be good enough for amount of money he would cost. We could also probably get so much more for the rumoured £15m asking price.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I can’t see us buying Maupay with the intention of being the sole spearhead of our attack. We will buy him AND a headline Striker, Maupay  would be building a squad of worthy players. Don’t forget we are likely losing Tammy, Hogan and McCormack.

Well mccormack is going to be near enough impossible to shift off. Just pay the lump off and get rid. 

Hogan I could imagine leaving on loan. No one is going to sign him permanently as he has been a absolute flop. 

I'd consider shifting Kodjia as well. Don't seem to be same player for me and I can't see him being effective at this level. I'd offer Leeds a swap for roofe. 

• Like 1

Maupay and Adams I can understand, as they both had good seasons.  Although, when talking about character, I don't think Adams fits the bill.  Comes across as a word removed.    

Personally, if we are unable to get Abraham, then Mitrovic would be my choice.  Then either Maupay or McBurnie.  Could get a good deal out of Swansea, if rumours of them being in a bit of financial trouble.  

Wingers - Kent or Wilson have had good seasons and fit the young and hungry model. 

Def Mid - Phillips, Hayden or Billing.  Aribo to compliment the squad. 

Def - Tomori is a great shout if Axel can't be obtained, but like Abraham, would Chelsea sell?  Alternative here could be Konsa?  

Left Back - ?? Struggling here.  Like the Celtic guy, but is he really gettable?  Perhaps someone from abroad.  Edit - Justin??

Finally, I still like the idea of finding a few more McGinn type gems north of the boarder.  I'm not familiar with many, but isn't Turnbull of Motherwell as useful player? 

Whatever we do over the summer, let's enjoy it because the alternative would have been a disaster.   

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

No thanks to all these championship players, buy too many and you will end up with a championship team. Here's an interesting thing to think about... Amadou Diawara.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Finally, I still like the idea of finding a few more McGinn type gems north of the boarder.  I'm not familiar with many, but isn't Turnbull of Motherwell as useful player? 

He really sure is.. i am a massive, massive  fan of Turnbull!! i messaged a guy i know in recruitment at Villa  on linkedin last month all about him. Turnbull will do a McGinn down here!!

Here's hoping. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

No thanks to all these championship players, buy too many and you will end up with a championship team. Here's an interesting thing to think about... Amadou Diawara.

No thanks he's useless.

Only joking mate he's quality good suggestion

Good to see you on here pal where have  you been hiding?