Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I haven't been hiding, I just decided not to post on here anymore because I felt like I didn't like anyone. I  think Diawara would compliment Smith's style of olay beautifully and would be a good replacement for Whelan, we were linked to him previously as well.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He really sure is.. i am a massive, massive  fan of Turnbull!! i messaged a guy i know in recruitment at Villa  on linkedin last month all about him. Turnbull will do a McGinn down here!!

Here's hoping. UTV

You are not wrong Chris, he would be great in Midfield.

I am still gutted about Hastie but I cling on hope for Lookman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

You are not alone. Miserable buggers on here, myself included. Good times now though, it's all positive!

There's nothing wrong with being miserable it just shows you care.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You are not wrong Chris, he would be great in Midfield.

I am still gutted about Hastie but I cling on hope for Lookman.

i'll drop you inbox Andy mate. Already got 3 kids i spotted at  trials into my clubs academy for training with club from July.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

i know this might be unpopular but what about che Adams?

You're right, no thanks.   (Winky smiley face)

40 minutes ago, Dale said:

No resale value... But how about Danny Drinkwater.

No.

• Like 1

I reckon hoovering up the best players of the championship is the equivalent of buying prem class players - just untested at this level so there could be a period where they need to adapt. A bit alarmed over Maupay but I think this is pure bias based on what happened with Hogan and we all realise that was so very different a situation. A team of championship all-stars can definitely compete with about 60% of the prem teams. 

• Like 1

Get that big money bid in for Ziyech please Villa!!!! hahaha that i first mentioned on here in transfer thread 2012 when he was at Heerenveen.

That ship has unfortunately ended being, but i heard he has a release clause  :D

Myself i  can only  dream wanted that lad here i even emailed Paul Lambert in 2012  but heard nothing back :D..

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I reckon hoovering up the best players of the championship is the equivalent of buying prem class players - just untested at this level so there could be a period where they need to adapt. A bit alarmed over Maupay but I think this is pure bias based on what happened with Hogan and we all realise that was so very different a situation. A team of championship all-stars can definitely compete with about 60% of the prem teams. 

All that matters is if they are good enough, I don't care what league they come from as long as they fit in with the group, the way we play, and are good enough. Obviously value for money is a consideration as well.

Any new player will take a little while to adapt, and you have to allow longer for players coming from abroad, so the championship is fair game for me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is actually a pretty big deal. They have already splashed cash on a replacement. If they reject our offer they will have a very unhappy player at their hands. At the same time er need to sign him to keep our core players moving forward.

I am pretty sure both clubs are aware of what cards they are holding, so I would be very surprised if he was signed for less or more than £ 12-15 million. 

I have a few mates who are Liverpool fans and they all said the same about Purslow when he joined Villa.  He fafs about when trying to buy players, ends up p1ssing off other teams and eventually looses the player. Was their fans biggest hate of him.  Just hope he doesnt do that with Villa and we miss out on players.

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Will we break our record fee ? (£24m for Bent) - I don't think we will - I think we will sign around 5 £12m players 

We will have to if we want an average Premier League calibre striker or better.

• Like 1

A really promising interview from the owners and chief executive, two men saying they will be ready and one man planning on being busy. Good stuff! 

I do still think Scott McKenna having a bad week should not write him off, solid player that lad. Bring in Taylor from Kilmarnock  and loan him back a real good find for the future. 

Chelsea's Abdul Baba, is somebody who could be a great buy, a lot of injuries but a young man who is doing well out on loan, Chealsea paid 14 million for that man.

I think well sign, this is judging by players weve had serious interest in previously if you believe what you read ........... 

Nathaniel Chalobah

Isaac Hayden

Ezri Konsa

Dunno why - i just think these are the sort well sign