Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I think we need to be careful what we wish for.

We were relegated because we had an incredibly rich guy who for various reasons pulled the plug.

Big spending now is only going to lead to problems in the future.

We have a manager with a track record of taking young players and making them better.We have seen it for ourselves this season.

We should aim for a sustainable future.Make our best loan signings permanent El gazi, Mings and Hause and do some clever scouting.

Talk about Milner, Delph and Benteke is madness.The wages of these players would be huge and would upset dressing room harmonie.

Our biggest priority is getting a couple of strikers.To do that on a budget is a great skill .

• Like 2

I so hope this happens, I've been wanting maupay here for a long time, please make it happen Villa chiefs. 

I know it's the sum reporting it, who knows we've been linked with Maupay for a while now.. I believe he could be what we need. 

ASTON VILLA are preparing a club-record £20million bid to sign Brentford’s 25-goal striker Neal Maupay.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9180233/aston-villa-transfer-record-brentford-neal-maupay-premier-league/

• Like 1

To be fair Mings, El Ghazi and Hause are likely to cost in the region of £20m all told. Start there and we've got a great base to work from. 

If you think Tammy is a £25m striker then try there too, if not look elsewhere to improve. I'd even give Whelan a 1 year deal to keep some dressing room continuity, have him as 2nd/3rd choice. This isn't necessarily rocket science, for me. It's about striking a balance.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pelle said:

On a more serious note. How does DS normally act in the transfer windows. Many early signings or does he do like MON?

There's been some talk about getting ex Villa players back, but there's only one player I'd like to come back and that's Milner as a DM. He's still fit, he's experienced, he still works harder than most players, he's intelligent. I'd say he's exactly the kind of experienced player we could do with, especially if we're mostly signing young, up and coming players.

Completely different structure but at Walsall he signed a few players who'd been at the club before, Andy Butler who was a defender came back on loan 4 months after leaving and Fabian Brandy left and also came back on loan six months later. Also signed Milan Lalkovic a season after he left.

At Brentford seemed it was 50/50 in terms of who brought players in but he did sign Sawyers and Rico Henry. Wouldn't shock me if Maupay turns up at some point.

I imagine our target list this time last week to now is completely different so think people will be pleasantly surprised at some of the quality we can actually attract as the summer progresses. Regular international players who perform well in major european leagues is what I'm expecting. Kamil Gilk the CB at Monaco has always been a defender I've massively rated. Not sure if he's desperate to leave Monte Carlo but that would be another muppet level signing for me.

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I so hope this happens, I've been wanting maupay here for a long time, please make it happen Villa chiefs. 

I know it's the sum reporting it, who knows we've been linked with Maupay for a while now.. I believe he could be what we need. 

ASTON VILLA are preparing a club-record £20million bid to sign Brentford’s 25-goal striker Neal Maupay.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9180233/aston-villa-transfer-record-brentford-neal-maupay-premier-league/

My only concern with maupay is could be cut the lone striker role in the prem?, he's quite small for a lone striker at the highest level maybe?, insure tho don't really know enough about him.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

My only concern with maupay is could be cut the lone striker role in the prem?, he's quite small for a lone striker at the highest level maybe?, insure tho don't really know enough about him.

He's good at holding the ball up. Scrappy little sod. 

• Like 1

Players I hope we sign because of their hair -

Image result for alex iwobi 2019

Alex Iwobi, 23, Arsenal - Wonder strike tonight, although the move would be a step down as he'd start the season second rather than first alphabetically.

Image result for ethan ampadu

Ethan Ampadu, 18, Chelsea - Full of energy and potential. Plus, a significant step up alphabetically for the season's start.

Image result for tyrone mings 

Tyrone Mings, 26. Bournemouth - Has an injury record, bit of a maverick but has a presence, intelligence and comfortable with the ball at his feet...oh wait, I've copied my description of God in by mistake...anyway, the rumour is this lad's not bad.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Age 22, 5ft 8inch striker who can play a number 10 role out wide but prefers to be a striker. His heroe is Zinedine Zidane.

Likes to play down the middle and use his pace to get in behind defences" and "he's used to looking after the ball and holding off defenders.

That's all I have on him really apart from his 25 goals in the championship this season.

• Thanks 1

Benrhama from Brentford also looks very good, a really silky player.

Could he cut it in the prem?, dunno but he looks class.

There are prob 2 or 3 players in the championship who could improve us and likely cut it in the prem, like maupay, Phillips and benrhama, maybe others?

Dunno, we will obviously look further afield as well, but there are some really good players in the league we just got out of. 

I find it really odd that Tammy thinks he can lead the Chelsea frontline next season. Can't see Sarri taking a liking to that attitude, nevermind the fact his finishing isn't good enough for their level (yet anyway).

15 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you got a link?

There is also this with more info: 

Lolley grew up supporting Villa, watching then from the famous Holte End, and O'Neill – a former Villa boss – seemingly wouldn't try and dissuade him from making the move, acknowledging that it's a big move for him.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/29/report-states-how-martin-oneill-feels-about-aston-villas-interes/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jasoncb said:

I find it really odd that Tammy thinks he can lead the Chelsea frontline next season. Can't see Sarri taking a liking to that attitude, nevermind the fact his finishing isn't good enough for their level (yet anyway).

By all accounts Sarri won’t be there next season. If as it has been said they replace him with Lampard he might get a chance. Or at the very least will be involved next season with Chelsea. All depends on who they replace Sarri with and this transfer ban.