Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seen some more links on Ampadu. Normally I wouldn’t have a problem with this is he improved the team. But after hearing Purslows comments, especially the on the record part. It would be disappointing if we then went and loaned a youngster with no chance of signings. 

Agree.. unless there’s a chance we have an agreement to sign?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You think because of Smith?

Palace have got a much stronger squad and also the London factor. 

Yes Smith has a lot to do with it. They know each other and more importantly know that they work well together. 

Palace, or the like, will be a gamble that way; Also its not like they are a much better proposition than us anyway.

Just now, Nigel said:

Yes Smith has a lot to do with it. They know each other and more importantly know that they work well together. 

Palace, or the like, will be a gamble that way; Also its not like they are a much better proposition than us anyway.

I think they are at the moment. They’ve become an established Premier League team. The last thing a player wants is a chance of ending up back in the Championship in a years time.

Any players we sign will have to be sold the vision. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree. It’s a shame the guardian have joined in though. 

I remember reading over 10 years ago an article collating success rates on transfer rumours. Guardian was top with 53% and Sun and NOTW et al were in the 20% range

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently palace have bid 20m for benrama

File under 'BS'.

Alex Billingham on Twitter confirmed this. His profile says he's a deputy editor for the Telegraph, but he's just a nobody that knows nothing.

3 days ago he quoted Wesley Moraes saying "maybe I will score 3 or 4 past Wolves", 4 days ago he said Matt Targett was having a medical with Villa, 5 days ago he said small heath had accepted Southampton's offer for Che Adams, 6 days ago he said Benrahma had handed in a transfer request, 7 days ago he said Villa put in an £11.5m bid for Valentin Rongier.

I didn't carry on scrolling any further.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

File under 'BS'.

Alex Billingham on Twitter confirmed this. His profile says he's a deputy editor for the Telegraph, but he's just a nobody that knows nothing.

3 days ago he quoted Wesley Moraes saying "maybe I will score 3 or 4 past Wolves", 4 days ago he said Matt Targett was having a medical with Villa, 5 days ago he said small heath had accepted Southampton's offer for Che Adams, 6 days ago he said Benrahma had handed in a transfer request, 7 days ago he said Villa put in an £11.5m bid for Valentin Rongier.

I didn't carry on scrolling any further.

That's almost like the 12 days of Christmas, pure laziness on your part to stop at 7 😋

I think this so called London factor is a myth. Yes, players wont want to be in the arse end of nowhere but its not like they want to go out boozing in Camden.

Nobody cares about London when Liverpool or Manchester clubs come calling.

Players will consider salary and prospects first. Also Villa are still a bigger and significantly more famous club than Palace. I would also argue nobody is safe in the PL outside of the top 6 - 8 teams.

Im not sure we'll be getting into a bidding war with Palace for Benrahma but I don't see why we should we feel anything but bullish if we did. And if other squads are more established then you could argue we need players more and thus go the whole hog.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think this so called London factor is a myth. Yes, players wont want to be in the arse end of nowhere but its not like they want to go out boozing in Camden.

Nobody cares about London when Liverpool or Manchester clubs come calling.

Players will consider salary and prospects first. Also Villa are still a bigger and significantly more famous club than Palace. I would also argue nobody is safe in the PL outside of the top 6 - 8 teams.

Im not sure we'll be getting into a bidding war with Palace for Benrahma but I don't see why we should we feel anything but bullish if we did. And if other squads are more established then you could argue we need players more and thus go the whole hog.

I don’t agree. Take it from me who has a London family, a LOT of Londoners will never leave unless they are dragged kicking and screaming, rich or otherwise.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I remember reading over 10 years ago an article collating success rates on transfer rumours. Guardian was top with 53% and Sun and NOTW et al were in the 20% range

Guardian is till top but at 38.5% nowadays...

https://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/sources/newspapers

Source Correct Total Num Accuracy
The Guardian 428 1111
38.5%
Daily Record 241 742
32.5%
Daily Telegraph 514 1627
31.6%
The Times 490 1665
29.4%
The Scotsman 10 34
29.4%
The Herald 23 83
27.7%
The Independent 274 1017
26.9%
Daily Mail 1655 6922
23.9%
Daily Mirror 2456 11453
21.4%
Daily Star 918 4469
20.5%

This is only printed media but the site in the link does stats for online media as well.

• Thanks 2

Most accurate source these days is when we sign a foreign player and some random twitter account posts it in the foreign language of the player or the league they are in. 100% success rate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Most accurate source these days is when we sign a foreign player and some random twitter account posts it in the foreign language of the player or the league they are in. 100% success rate. 

That's what happened when we signed all the french players a few summers back. I took to checking L'Equipe for the best gossip.

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t agree. Take it from me who has a London family, a LOT of Londoners will never leave unless they are dragged kicking and screaming, rich or otherwise.

But players are rarely Londoners and won't care.

15 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Lucky Benrahma is about as cockney as Dick Van Dyke!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3