Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Let's look at Suso/Purslow/Smith's permanent signings thus far if we include this latest news:

Kalinic - 29yo - £6m

Guilbert - 24yo - £5m

Jota - 29yo - £2m + player

El Ghazi - 24yo - £4m ~ £8m (conflicting reports)

Wesley - 22yo - £22m

Not much to go on but some general trends that are more plausible than others:

• More players have come from abroad than domestic leagues (thusfar at least)
  • General focus is on younger players, coming in to their prime, who should only increase in value.
  • This is not the case for the Goalkeeper. If we are looking for a new keeper, experience and ability is more valued than their potential future sell on fee.
  • Prior experience of Smith's system a bonus (Jota and, arguably, El Ghazi too).

Excited to see what else is to come!

Yeah if you compare what this team will probably look like to the relegation year team it's night and day.

Although the prem overall has improved a lot since we were last here, so let's hope we can make some waves.

Just incase people are interested Wesley's agents are known as FOOTBALL CAPITAL

players on there books that I can see 

CLIENTS - PLAYERS

Player Nat. Age Club Contract Market value
Alisson Alisson
Goalkeeper
Brazil 26 Liverpool FC 2024 80,00 Mill. €
Wesley Wesley
Centre-Forward
Brazil 22 Club Brugge KV 2023 20,00 Mill. €
Pedro Pedro
Centre-Forward
Brazil 21 Fluminense Football Club 2021 9,00 Mill. €
Emanuel Gigliotti Emanuel Gigliotti
Centre-Forward
Argentina
France
32 Deportivo Toluca 2021 4,00 Mill. €
Ezequiel Schelotto Ezequiel Schelotto
Right-Back
Italy
Argentina
30 Chievo Verona 2019 3,00 Mill. €
Matías Aguirregaray Matías Aguirregaray
Right-Back
Uruguay
Spain
30 Al-Fateh 2019 1,80 Mill. €
Mariano Andújar Mariano Andújar
Goalkeeper
Argentina
Italy
35 Club Estudiantes de La Plata 2019 1,75 Mill. €
Mickaël Facchinetti Mickaël Facchinetti
Left-Back
Switzerland 28 APOEL Nicosia 2019 700 Th. €
Dario Saric Dario Saric
Central Midfield
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Italy
22 Carpi FC 1909 2022 250 Th. €
Yiu-Kwok Chuck Yiu-Kwok Chuck
Right Midfield
Hongkong 25 Yuen Long FC - 125 Th. €
Jovan Marković Jovan Marković
Centre-Forward
Romania
Serbia
18 CS Universitatea Craiova 2023 50 Th. €
Marcin Bulka Marcin Bulka
Goalkeeper
Poland 19 Chelsea FC U23 2019 -
Okera Simmonds Okera Simmonds
Right Winger
England 19 Accrington Stanley 2020 -
Robbie Burton Robbie Burton
Central Midfield
Wales 19 Arsenal FC U23 - -
Patrick Carvalho Patrick Carvalho
Centre-Forward
Brazil 22 Al Akhdoud Club - -

STAFF

Marco Busiello (Owner )

Stefano Castagna (Executive director )

Giuseppe Cusmano

Gustavo Ghezzi

Fabian Tadiello

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, holtend4life said:

Work permit is done on a points system I think, with transfer fee and wages being in the top 25 or 30 percentile of the league the previous season.

Also, you gain points if your current club (Brugge) played in the Europa or Champions league last season, which they did. 

Doesnt play for Brazil so no points added on that front, but should get the allotted 5 points needed to pass 

from what i can find (i will assume he meets the criteria for 5 points or more as i have marked in GREEN below (would need to check if in top 25% of fees paid), looks to me like he should get 6 points easy, maybe even 9 points.:

How does the new work permit system work?

Previously, in order to qualify to play in the UK, football players needed to have played in at least 75% of their country’s senior international matches over the previous two years. There was an appeals process too if that criteria was not fulfilled. Under the previous system, players must have played for a top 70 ranked country (averaged over two years). That has now been changed to a top 50 ranked country.

Those regulations no longer apply. Eligibility is now determined according to a national team’s ranking, as set out in the table below:

Official FIFA Ranking Required % of international matches over previous 24 months
FIFA 1-10 30% and above
FIFA 11-20 45% and above
FIFA 21-30 60% and above
FIFA 31-50 75% and above

Can a player still appeal if initially rejected?

If the automatic criteria mentioned above is not met, the player can request that an appeals body

The appeals process is a points based system under which the panel will award points depending on the circumstances of the transfer. If a player scores four points or more, the panel may recommend that the application is granted. Nonetheless, the panel can still reject the application even if four or more points are scored.

Criteria  Points 

The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is in the top 25% of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows

3 points

The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows

2 points

The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club

3 points

The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club

2 points

The player’s current club is in a Top League[3] and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes

1 point
The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes 1 point

NOTE: the issue with Kalinic in 2016 with his work permit being rejected, he actually got 5 or more points in the table above, but was rejected anyway........a lot of people thought there were dirty tricks or something involved as Kalinic got rejected when other players in the Prem had them accepted with less points than Kalinic got, etc etc.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 4

Can't see an issue there. Plus we have Purslow who I expect will have with him a folder containing incriminating photos of everyone on the panel if things aren't going smoothly.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Lol i recommended Wilson & Maddison both on here -  VillaTalk when at Coventry too. 

you should be on our Books,Chris.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

NOTE: the issue with Kalinic in 2016 with his work permit being rejected, he actually got 5 or more points in the table above, but was rejected anyway........a lot of people thought there were dirty tricks or something involved as Kalinic got rejected when other players in the Prem had them accepted with less points than Kalinic got, etc etc.

Not only that, several of the lawyers on that appeals board were on the payroll of some of our relegation competitors.  This whole process was/is incredibly shady. 

Those rules say that if you play enough for a player and offer them a high enough salary, then the rules don't apply and a work permit should be granted.  If I'm a club with not a lot of money and I find a bargain priced Johnny Foreigner, tough luck.  If I'm Man City and pay over the moon for someone unknown, I'm guaranteed to get a work permit...  What is the thought process behind that???

Edited by KMitch
Engrish

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Not only that, several of the lawyers on that appeals board were on the payroll of some of our relegation competitors.  This whole process was/is incredibly shady. 

Those rules say that if you play enough for a player and offer them a high enough salary, then the rules don't apply and a work permit should be granted.  If I'm a club with not a lot of money and I find a bargain priced Johnny Foreigner, tough luck.  If I'm Man City and pay over the moon for someone unknown, I'm guaranteed to get a work permit...  What is the thought process behind that???

yeah, was pretty murky, not sure what the "board" is like that makes the decisions now......

Butland 20m

Mings 15m

Dunk 15m?

Targett 10m

That's 60m worth of defenders.

Then we still need another winger, striker, DM and CM.

Were easily going past the 100m mark this window lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Let's look at Suso/Purslow/Smith's permanent signings thus far if we include this latest news:

Kalinic - 29yo - £6m

Guilbert - 24yo - £5m

Jota - 29yo - £2m + player

El Ghazi - 24yo - £4m ~ £8m (conflicting reports)

Wesley - 22yo - £22m

Not much to go on but some general trends that are more plausible than others:

• More players have come from abroad than domestic leagues (thusfar at least)
  • General focus is on younger players, coming in to their prime, who should only increase in value.
  • This is not the case for the Goalkeeper. If we are looking for a new keeper, experience and ability is more valued than their potential future sell on fee.
  • Prior experience of Smith's system a bonus (Jota and, arguably, El Ghazi too).

Excited to see what else is to come!

Jota is 27

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Butland 20m

Mings 15m

Dunk 15m?

Targett 10m

That's 60m worth of defenders.

Then we still need another winger, striker, DM and CM.

Were easily going past the 100m mark this window lol.

Brighton value Dunk at £30 million, they won't sell for £15 million. He's probably on the more unrealistic end of our transfer targets given his price, but if we go for him then our window will likely cost £150 million+ once the dust has settled. 

• Like 1