Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Well if this dude does end up at West Ham then that kinda rules the avfcagent guy as complete bollocks then 😂

There’s a few of them. I queried one of them asking why he is risking his ‘ITK reputation’ with a bullshit claim like medical for Formals on Wednesday

He’s response was ‘I still  trust our sources’ 

Some people have too much time on their hands.

edit: the irony is I’m wasting time responding to him! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, tonitottakai said:

Maybe I'm just blinded by his terrific performance against Bosnia and Herzegovina over the last weekend (plus, I'm obviously biased as he's Finnish) but Glen Kamara has bags of potential and is only 23 years old, too. Could be a nice addition to the CDM slot? Slippy Steve has also been bigging him up for his displays for Rangers last season. Obligatory YT video:

Strong, holds on to the ball well , quick feet, can pick a pass and can score...what's not to like

A meaningless comparison, but I just noticed that Man U and Villa are both taking slightly different routes in their respective rebuilds. Man U have gone for a Swansea, player, a Crystal Palace player and as a back up if they don't get the Palace player for 40 plus million they have a Norwich target as back up.

Villa have signed a French player, a Dutch player and a Spaniard. 

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

A meaningless comparison, but I just noticed that Man U and Villa are both taking slightly different routes in their respective rebuilds. Man U have gone for a Swansea, player, a Crystal Palace player and as a back up if they don't get the Palace player for 40 plus million they have a Norwich target as back up.

Villa have signed a French player, a Dutch player and a Spaniard. 

Man U have been rebuilding since Fergie left. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Man U have been rebuilding since Fergie left. 

Man Utd since Fergie left have made our historic transfer policies look entirely reasonable!

And that's saying something......  :)

Edited by MaVilla

Aleksander Isak is going to Real Sociedad for €10.000.000, he did really good in The Netherlands and has a nice future ahead of him. There are decent strikers out there like him that don't have to cost crazy amounts of money (like Tammy Abraham). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So most of the squad then 😂 

The Gibraltar & San Marino national teams have international experience but i would fancy a decent non-league league team against them. Playing a few mostly friendlies & qualifiers for shit nations in half-empty stadiums means absolutely nothing

3 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Isn't that just speculating? Isn't this a speculation thread? There will be a limit to how much we can spend, and I'm pretty sure it's okay to speculate about how much that might be.

Is it ? Don't know. 🙂

But I've read plenty posts which read like peoples opinions, (great) and others which read like statements of fact (not great). I personally don't see how stating "we wont spend X" is speculating. Maybe I'm just too fussy about how we use the language.

In any event, even if it is speculation, I don't see the value in beginning an observation about who we may or may not buy by arbitrarily deciding for oneself what the budget is. And then to make that arbitrary figure a key part of the ensuing debate about that purchase.

It means half the debate is centred around differing, equally uninformed, views of the budget.

Anyway.  I suppose I could just join in. I think we will spend between 50-150 MILLION. But I've no idea.

53 minutes ago, JordyTheHague said:

Aleksander Isak is going to Real Sociedad for €10.000.000, he did really good in The Netherlands and has a nice future ahead of him. There are decent strikers out there like him that don't have to cost crazy amounts of money (like Tammy Abraham). 

He could be the next big thing coming out of Sweden, I'd take the gamble for that price. Rumours of his agents having connections to organized crime though, which makes it all a bit shady.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure why people are baulking at the thought of spending £100M+ this summer. We spent what? £60M first season in the championship? 

Danny Drinkwater went for £50M around the same time.

I’m expecting and hoping we spend at least £100M this summer, honestly speaking I hope it’s quite a bit more, if we spend it right (and indications on transfer dealings since Smith and the new owners arrived seem very positive) it will secure our long term future and will set a strong platform for the board to quickly achieve significant goals.

I agree.   But...…..maybe  what followed that expenditure is the cause for concern ?😀

• Like 1

Im hoping we spend £200m+!

Why be shy and reserved? We are a big club and if we want to get back to being known by everyone else as a big club we have to act like one and spend like one.

If we had poor owners I’d understand people’s reservations but we don’t, the club won’t go bust, these owners will want to get champions league football ASAP, I think they are in this for the long haul. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Is it ? Don't know. 🙂

But I've read plenty posts which read like peoples opinions, (great) and others which read like statements of fact (not great). I personally don't see how stating "we wont spend X" is speculating. Maybe I'm just too fussy about how we use the language.

In any event, even if it is speculation, I don't see the value in beginning an observation about who we may or may not buy by arbitrarily deciding for oneself what the budget is. And then to make that arbitrary figure a key part of the ensuing debate about that purchase.

It means half the debate is centred around differing, equally uninformed, views of the budget.

Anyway.  I suppose I could just join in. I think we will spend between 50-150 MILLION. But I've no idea.

In this thread many people have stated how much they think we can spend and how much they think we will. I've seen pretty much as you've stated, as low as £50m and as high as £140m.

With that context in mind I think it's fair enough to then say a signing as large as say £20m would be a significant dent in any of those possible budgets. I don't see why that point would be dismissed just because we don't have an official figure to work off. We don't have all the information on many subjects but we can still discuss them and speculate.

Maybe I should of stated in the context of the thread before my post, I just didn't think it was required. Certainly myself and others could be a little more specific in our language, but it's the internet, what can you do? 

• Like 1

19-year old left-winger. I suppose this would be one of those For The Future moves. Looks like Cordoba is being relegated out of La Liga 2, so I'd assume he won't be very expensive.

Edited by VillaHatesMe