Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Targett would be a cracking signing to be fair. He's a better player than Bertrand in my opinion and 6 years younger, will be surprised to see him go of the two. 

Yes, Targett over Bertrand 100%

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He made 13 appearances as a starter last year, but by the end of the season Bertrand was first choice (imagine he always was tbh, perhaps he was injured).

Nearly moved to Fulham in January but it fell through 

Sounds like he may well be available then, I thought he was very good at Fulham in their promotion season, I was very surprised they didn't go all out to get him permanently. I think he could work very well in our system and in Smiths capable hands.

This ones a yes from me!

thumbs yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

14 hours ago, terrytini said:

I agree.   But...…..maybe  what followed that expenditure is the cause for concern ?😀

But we no longer have a travelling circus running the show.

The business we did in January encourages me aplenty to believe that we'll do the same or better in this window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Sounds like he may well be available then, I thought he was very good at Fulham in their promotion season, I was very surprised they didn't go all out to get him permanently. I think he could work very well in our system and in Smiths capable hands.

This ones a yes from me!

thumbs yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I believe they did. Twice. Southampton refused to sell him. They have to do something with the two of them though. This could well be an agent's first move to say, play the lad or we are pushing for a move. He does need to play at this stage of his career.

I would take Bertrand as a back up prize, to be honest. He is a capable footballer with a decent delivery and a bit of pace about him. He's modern and I have always rated him. 

Definitely worth a call to Southampton, if we haven't already. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I believe they did. Twice. Southampton refused to sell him. They have to do something with the two of them though. This could well be an agent's first move to say, play the lad or we are pushing for a move. He does need to play at this stage of his career.

I would take Bertrand as a back up prize, to be honest. He is a capable footballer with a decent delivery and a bit of pace about him. He's modern and I have always rated him. 

Definitely worth a call to Southampton, if we haven't already. 

Interesting, Fulham weren't too shy about transfer fees that summer either. He certainly needs to be playing, and may be more willing to force something after only 13 starts last season. We'll have to see what comes of this if the rumour does have some truth to it.

I liked Bertrand when we had him on loan, I'd take him back if the fee is right, must admit I don't feel he's quite kicked on too much since then though, if he had he'd be knocking on that England left back door.

Didn't we flirt with Targett on loan briefly but they were saying the only way he would go would be through a sale and they wanted £20m+ at the time if my memory serves.  I'm sure I have seen speculation that Fulham are asking if they can take him back on loan again.

24 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

No.... it's genuine!

Not really the topic for this but it's 100% fake, it happens every season. Sky and BT won't have decided their games yet for a start.

Back onto transfers... Will we hear anything today? Who is the mystery Wednesday medical?!

Targett has been my main left back in my Villa team on FM19 since getting back into the PL. Bought him for £10m and he now regularly has bids of £30-40m each transfer window.

On this basis alone we should be signing him asap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

For me it was all down to Richards. My memory is of him being out of position for a huge number of goals. Never a CB. What a disaster. Worst signing ever along with the other dozen... 

Replacing Benteke with Gestede didn't help either. What a terrible idea. 

When the right side of your defence is Richards and Hutton, you kinda have to expect significant positioning issues! I couldn’t bare to watch us that season, so so bad 

34 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Didn't we flirt with Targett on loan briefly but they were saying the only way he would go would be through a sale and they wanted £20m+ at the time if my memory serves.  I'm sure I have seen speculation that Fulham are asking if they can take him back on loan again.

I'd imagine he will cost £15-20m. At today's prices that's probably about right. 

He fits the mould of how we want to play assuming his attitude is on point too. 

• Like 1

No way in Hell Southampton will let Targett go. He’s their next superstar youth player who will go to a top 6 club in 2-3 years for massive money. Would require a bid of 25+ mil to get him now, and he isn’t worth it yet. 

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd imagine he will cost £15-20m. At today's prices that's probably about right. 

He fits the mould of how we want to play assuming his attitude is on point too. 

Yes, £15-20m sounds about right to me. I think he is an exceptional talent!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

No way in Hell Southampton will let Targett go. He’s their next superstar youth player who will go to a top 6 club in 2-3 years for massive money. Would require a bid of 25+ mil to get him now, and he isn’t worth it yet. 

He's 24 in September, he's going to have to get some games at some point if he wants to get that far in his career

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1