Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Wonder what the odds would be at a high-street bookies for Jed Steer to be named in a international squad in the next couple of years...

Unless Jed qualifies for another country through his parents/grandparents, I wouldn't put any money on it myself. ;) 

38 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

OK well if there has been sugery involved recently, I can't see there being a move any time soon. Not unless the price makes it worth the gamble. I can't see any club even considering offering big money at this stage, which I'm sure will not distress Brentford at all.

We need fit players to have a full preseason and hit the ground running. So I would suggest Villa move on from Benrahma for now. There are plenty of other options.

I also think it's time the Benrahma topic was put to bed for the time being, it will surface again once he's up and playing, but never, say never.

10 minutes ago, John said:

Unless Jed qualifies for another country through his parents/grandparents, I wouldn't put any money on it myself. ;) 

There was an article about McGinn trying to convince Steer to play for Scotland the other day, I’ll try and link it. I doubt he’s get in to the England squad, but I’m not sure how good the Scotland squad depth is

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon 3 signings will be announced next week. Hopefully tomorrow.

Would be sweet to get a few more in quick, don't want us to be taking part in silly season and rushing at the end for signings. 

Will be the happiest chap on the planet if Mings, lolley, Maupay, ghazi, Hause, Roofe are all announced thus week.

Oh and this rumour of Maxi Gomez are all done this week.

Think Steer should be our no1 but have competition for him.

What's happening with Kodjia?? I think we should sell or let go..

16 minutes ago, John said:

He's meant to be eligible for Scotland. Super John says he's trying to get him to convert. I would if I was him. 

• Like 1

Just now, praisedmambo said:

He's meant to be eligible for Scotland. Super John says he's trying to get him to convert. I would if I was him. 

He could make it for England easy, he would be a heck of a keeper..

The benrahma rumour from france seems like BS. Why would villa bid in euros? If they bid in pounds then why 8.9m? It's like someone on mainland Europe made up a rumour and came up with a round sum like €10m.

Surely if villa had bid it would be £10m? If they had inside knowledge they would know the true value (which is unlikely to be some random amount such as £8.9m). Granted it could be an error and they meant £10m, but i'm taking this with a pinch of salt for now. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The benrahma rumour from france seems like BS. Why would villa bid in euros? If they bid in pounds then why 8.9m? It's like someone on mainland Europe made up a rumour and came up with a round sum like €10m.

Surely if villa had bid it would be £10m? If they had inside knowledge they would know the true value (which is unlikely to be some random amount such as £8.9m). Granted it could be an error and they meant £10m, but i'm taking this with a pinch of salt for now. 

It could be that we bid £10m but they've just made a mistake and stated it as being €10m. Happens quite a lot over here too. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

SkyBet saying we're favourites for Charlie Austin. I think they are forgetting that Martin O'Neill isn't our manager anymore.

I'm certain they do know who are manager is and I am sure somewhere in the sky universe there will be someone rolling out a story about him imminently about to sign for us before inexplicably something different happens. 

• Like 1

Steer did well for 6 month's in the Championship, but I don't believe he will be good enough for a consistent run in the PL. We should be aiming high as Wolves did with Rui Patricio, although the circumstances of his signing were a little fortunate.

If we can get him for under £15m, I would go for Butland.

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Steer did well for 6 month's in the Championship, but I don't believe he will be good enough for a consistent run in the PL. We should be aiming high as Wolves did with Rui Patricio, although the circumstances of his signing were a little fortunate.

If we can get him for under £15m, I would go for Butland.

Fortunate is one word for it, I guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

Correct, its not an insult, its just the way we have to work to survive, 

And this is what I feel we will be doing too but hopefully (No insult intended) but with a higher standard.

I think we will see a conveyor belt of talented players come through our ranks, show great progress to become highly sort after only and be sold for large profit.  Teams like Ajax/Dortmund have done this for years and have still had success although it does come in cycles.