Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I'm not a fan of the older signings but for a 1/2 year deal whilst we cement ourselves, Cahill makes sense to me. His lack of games last year just means he's less burnt out to me. 33 isn't that old and he's never been about pace anyways. Mings and Cahill for a season isn't that bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No Delph, no Cahill, no Albrighton etc etc

They are the past, I want the future.

I don’t think Albrighton will add a lot to us. We need much better in his position. We’re playing with one striker, our wingers will try and cut not keep it wide.

But for Cahill he will give us stability for next season atleast while we’re building our squad, and we will have a year to monitor players. Next summer we could put out whole transfer money in 3-4 marquee signings. For now we can’t do all that at once.

Delph is a good option, but I’m not really sure if fans can accept him. Depends what will he cost also. 

All of us will prefer Milner anyway. Especially when we can get him for free.

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No Delph, no Cahill, no Albrighton etc etc

They are the past, I want the future.

Exactly. Shit decisions got us relegated, lets not continue to make the same mistakes. 

51 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Played 52 games as a CB in his career so far.  Zero as a LB, DCM, or CM.  Don't know why you think he's not naturally a Central Defender.  

image.png.79fad987fa7488d8d0b0b991c30aab1e.png

Because he is not good enough in the air. The early stats showed it clearly - 37th percentile in aerials duels won (in the championship)

You really rate him and I get that - I too think he will be a good player but not at CB

Probably a moot point as I doubt we will be signing him

Time will tell - we’ll have to agree to disagee

I would have Cahill, Delph and Milner when we need 10+ signings, they wouldn’t hinder new blood development or a vibrant attacking style, they would add experience and solidity in areas where we need that not in attack. Any bottom half PL or indeed Norwich or Sheff Utd would love to be able to land those 3. We need a deep squad, we can’t just have young promise over a long tough competitive season.

Delph is playing for England tonight. Milner played in the Champions league final last week, and Cahill bears a grudge.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I would have Cahill, Delph and Milner when we need 10+ signings, they wouldn’t hinder new blood development or a vibrant attacking style, they would add experience and solidity in areas where we need that not in attack. Any bottom half PL or indeed Norwich or Sheff Utd would love to be able to land those 3. We need a deep squad, we can’t just have young promise over a long tough competitive season.

even if your argument is a good one, i dont see any way we would sign Delph, a big portion of the Villa support would go nuts, and i swear he wouldnt get a warm reception, and might even get booed.

Delph is a huge no no regardless of whether you think he has talent, he is hated by many villa fans.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

For the record I never said Cahill was bad on the ball, or a bad defender in general. Though he has barely played football in a year so who really knows. 

What I said is that he isn't right for us. I'm surprised this has been questioned. He is nothing like Mings, Tuanzebe or Hause. 

Smith might want to play a deeper line, I don't know, but it seems extremely unlikely to me. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

even if your argument is a good one, i dont see any way we would sign Delph, a big portion of the Villa support would go nuts, and i swear he wouldnt get a warm reception, and might even get booed.

Delph is a huge no no regardless of whether you think he has talent, he is hated by many villa fans.

Get over it. I don’t blame him. If he was so evil he could’ve gone for free by not signing a new contract. This is modern football, he had the chance to improve his lot and win things, who would begrudge your fellow man that? 

• Like 3

Just now, thunderball said:

Get over it. I don’t blame him. If he was so evil he could’ve gone for free by not signing a new contract. This is modern football, he had the chance to improve his lot and win things, who would begrudge your fellow man that? 

im not bothered, im just saying a lot lot at Villa wont, and nothing will change their minds.

46 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think Albrighton will add a lot to us. We need much better in his position. We’re playing with one striker, our wingers will try and cut not keep it wide.

We played more crosses than any team in the league last season. Under Smith as well. 

Albrighton would be an asset for a newly promoted side. He's rather good at them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

For the record I never said Cahill was bad on the ball, or a bad defender in general. Though he has barely played football in a year so who really knows. 

What I said is that he isn't right for us. I'm surprised this has been questioned. He is nothing like Mings, Tuanzebe or Hause. 

Smith might want to play a deeper line, I don't know, but it seems extremely unlikely to me. 

I see where you’re coming from. But I remember Cahill to be quite quick with a good burst of pace. He probably isn’t that player now though at 33.

Just now, Zatman said:

Milner, Benteke etc we need to move on FFS. every bloody window now I see somebody wants us bring in Delph

they were happy to leave at first opportunity

Some of these suggestions are ridiculous I agree. Benteke is ded, Delph will never set foot through the door again, Cahill is a poor fit... But Milner doesn't deserve to be in that camp. He is precisely the type of player we would want at the base of midfield both in terms of ability, experience and attitude, he's potentially available on a free, and would arrive with a massive amount of good will in tow. 

He would be the very best signing we could realistically make this summer.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It was the way he did it. That wink to the camera still haunts my dreams. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What I said is that he isn't right for us. I'm surprised this has been questioned. He is nothing like Mings, Tuanzebe or Hause. 

Racist ;)

• Haha 3