Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't want players from that club that shall not be named.

It disgusts me.

I don't care. If we got Jota and Adams, I'd be fine with it. We need to stay up, and this would be hurting the blues. Win-Win

59 minutes ago, imavillan said:

If the Jota story is true, then it disappoints me as i was rather hoping we would be in the market for better players than that !!!!

We realistically need to sign 10 players this summer. They can’t all be £20m+ signings. We need to build a better squad. This is a good start in my opinion.

• Like 2

If we can get El Ghazi, Hause, Jota and poss Aribo for approx £10 million we will have done very well. I’d take Powell as well on a free (I know wages means he won’t be technically free) leaving ya a good chunk of funds to spend on increased quality in key positions... I’m liking our new found approach to transfer 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

If we can get El Ghazi, Hause, Jota and poss Aribo for approx £10 million we will have done very well. I’d take Powell as well on a free (I know wages means he won’t be technically free) leaving ya a good chunk of funds to spend on increased quality in key positions... I’m liking our new found approach to transfer 

Thought Ariba signed a new deal this week?

The deal would be a bit cruel on Gary (being there on loan is bad enough, but signing permanently and having to play with his horrible brother as well) :puke:

Worth it though, to annoy the unwashed even more than we already have in the last couple of days...:crylaugh: 

I’m fine with this. Gets rid of Gardner and brings in a player who done great under Smith previously. 

Jota on his own won’t be enough on the right side but it’s a good start I say. 

• Like 3

if it goes through i think Jota would be a good signing, he was quality at Brentford, dipped massively at Blues but could certainly find his form again with us.

It is odd people think we should be spending huge sums on players because we are Premiership now and shouldn't be shopping in lower divisions.

We still have the shadow of FFP around us and have to take a measured, sustainable approach and build our team up slowly as ultimately I doubt in our first season back we need to try and buy our way into Europe, we first need a squad that can keep us in the division then we can up our ambition.

This means we need to invest a lot more in younger players from abroad and lower leagues and our own youth system which has consistently failed to produce first team talent since we were relegated (and not much before) except for a few rare one offs.

We do need two or maybe three big ish name signings that are ready made for the Premiership, not high risk french talent that helped relegate us the last time.

But most importantly we need to sign players that work with the system and core of the team we have, plus keeping that core in place.

O'Neill, Lambert, Sherwood and more all kept signing players that we didn't need, or didn't work in the formation/way we played. Or players at the end of their careers with no resale value.

We have to look at all transfer tactics and really mix up how we go about trying to build this great club up to where it begins. I'll take slow and low risk for now if it means we steer clear of FFP and stay in the Premiership.

Just thinking out loud: Getting Jota also provides us leverage in the Lolley negotiations. If Forest starts demanding more than we're willing to pay because they believe we're desperate to land him,  having Jota means we're no longer desperate. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gone are the days of Mon throwing huge money at prem players. Or lambert on cheap gambles and Sherwood with a mixture of potential or terrible people. 

Players signed under this regime will be to fit a system and will be the right people. Whoever that is I will back until Smith and Suso give me reason not to. 

In January they signed an injury prone lb, a young kid not good enough and recalled an unwanted keeper. It changed our season. Believe

Who was the young kid?

I don't think anyone would have objected to simply paying Gardner off, think of it from that angle and we are basically getting Jota on a free. 

Smart business.