Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I guess if Dean is the boss, we have to trust him! 

If he and our coaches from Brentford think Jota is good enough for us to buy, then I'll back him.

Would I have chosen Jota?  No, but these are the decisions managers live and die by. 

We'll see! 

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

I don't want players from that club that shall not be named.

It disgusts me.

So what if we were to go after Butland? Would this also disgust you?

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't want players from that club that shall not be named.

It disgusts me.

Oh get over yourself  ... smith and Suso know him well from previous stints ... bench warmer who can come in and hopefully change a game when required .... in deano & co we trust 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

He really isn't.

Maybe 'twice' is a slight exaggeration, but I'd confidently say he's better than them both. Especially considering that Adomah (the better of the two mentioned), is getting on and has lost a yard of pace and some trickery this season.

Jota hasn't given a good representation of himself this season, because sha don't play to his strengths and he's often either come off the bench or been played out of position (so I'm told by a couple of bluenoses at work), so think back to the Jota at Brentford to see what we'll probably be getting.

• Like 1

We need a few squad players,Even if we sign 5 players for 20million+ along with some of the loan players from last year we still wouldnt have a 25 man squad since so many have been released,4 million for Jota whilst getting rid of Gardner and probably paying Jota around the same wages as Gardner would have been on is a good deal,there is no way the club will sanction paying huge money on 10+ players to fill the squad

• Like 1

Not sure why anybody is upset. We all know Gardner wasn't going to play for us. Jota may not lead us to the Champions League, but he's depth at an area we need at the very least. Not every signing can be The Signing.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Massive contradiction there! You either trust him or you don't. No buts.

I trust him. I don't think Jota's worth it, but I'm an accountant and not a football manager. £4m seems high, as Gardner has some value to them. £2m seems about right imo.

The argument some have made about Dean knowing him could be applied to Hogan, and Dean never used him here.

Just now, Pez1974 said:

I trust him. I don't think Jota's worth it, but I'm an accountant and not a football manager. £4m seems high, as Gardner has some value to them. £2m seems about right imo.

The argument some have made about Dean knowing him could be applied to Hogan, and Dean never used him here.

because he knew we had better. dean didnt sign hogan for us. actually parting money for someone you know means you actually rate them from the time you spent with them

I know a lot of people have been commenting on the loan players we have lost and how important their positions on the pitch are to replace, and that is a really crucial discussion to have, but we cannot underestimate how many veteran players we are also losing from the dressing room.

Bringing in experienced Squad Players with the right mentality and approach to the game is, I dare say, just as important as who the starting XI are going to be come the first week of the season.

The fact that Jota's signing also gets Gardner off the books, is someone Dean Smith has worked with before, and is versatile in nature, is just more added benefits. No doubt there'll be more signings like this to come.

2 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

He has zero value to us though.

They bought Jota for £6m. He's not set the world on fire scoring only 3 goals he does have 11 assists. He's just coming into his prime now (27 years). They're definitely taking a loss on him.

On 29/05/2019 at 11:35, romavillan said:

Schick is getting better but I'm not sure he's top drawer. Roma need a rebuild and the clearing in the woods Pallotta won't be splashing big money with no Champions League football so he'll be wanting to sell to buy. That will not go down well with everyone wanting him to **** off already. Will be an interesting summer, you could force Roma's hand with cash for quite a few of the players I reckon.

I'm biased, but Schick is a good player. He is made for the premier league, and not Italy. He is a target striker with good feet. I think in Germany or England, he'd be a really quality signing. Plus there are rumors that Roma is willing to cut their losses on Schick.