Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Realistically, I think we only need Wesley to chip in with 10 goals minimum and consistently give the level of link up he has done in pre-season, and he is more than capable of that. There are so many goals in our midfield with Grealish, Mcginn, Trez, Jota, AEG, and Conor chipping in with a few set pieces when he gets the chance. Plus Mingles (that term is here to stay) will get a nice return of goals im sure. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t say it hasn’t been a good window because we’ve done extremely well bringing in the amount of players we have as early on as we did.

However.

If one or two of our forward players don’t step up, the likes of Wesley/Trezeguet/Jota, we will struggle. 

I still think we’re a couple of forward players light and one or two poor performances early on into the season will have people on edge.

Im excited without being that confident if I’m honest. 

Pretty much sums it up for me. Very impressed with how the club has been run this summer but I just can't shake the feeling we are light up front and may struggle scoring. I was absolutely convinced we'd sign 1 or 2 more players.

We are literally 1/2 players away from this being the perfect window.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Think it's a mistake not bringing him in.

Probably the line has to get drawn somewhere - perhaps the owners thought £120m was enough to get the players he needs..

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Think it's a mistake not bringing him in.

We've reportedly had talks with him so if the management/sporting director didn't think he was the right fit then we're probably better off without. 

• Like 1

As dramatic as it might sound, all it would take is for two of our strikers to get injured or suspened at the same time, for us to end up with one of Dmitri Sea, Hooper, Odutayo, Archer or one of the our other youth strikers on our bench, not really sure who's rated the highest out of those, Sea seems to be amongst the goals often, and Odutayo has looked very decent whenever I've seen him.

1 minute ago, useless said:

As dramatic as it might sound, all it would take is for two of our strikers to get injured or suspened at the same time, for us to end up with one of Dmitri Sea, Hooper, Odutayo, Archer or one of the our other youth strikers on our bench, not really sure who's rated the highest out of those, Sea seems to be amongst the goals often, and Odutayo has looked very decent whenever I've seen him.

Finally someone talking sense. 

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Tshibola can probably do a job...

Fantastic window, 10/10. 

Plenty of goalscorers in this team, not worried in the least.

We have a squad good enough for a finish anywhere between 10th and 17 th, which will do juuuuuussssssttt  fine and dandy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, useless said:

But you could have said the same last season where we only had Abraham, Kodjia and Davis.

It didn't happen.

• Like 2

Just now, terrytini said:

Fantastic window, 10/10. 

Plenty of goalscorers in this team, not worried in the least.

We have a squad good enough for a finish anywhere between 10th and 17 th, which will do juuuuuussssssttt  fine and dandy.

I’m going to say 9.5 because I was desperate to see Benrahama. But can’t really complain. 

I'm happy Davis is going to get a look-in this season. I believe he's good enough and ready. I'll never forget when Kodjia was injured at the start of 2017/18 and we were getting blown out by the likes of Cardiff and Reading because we were starting Scott Hogan and not using him correctly. Keinan came into the team and almost single-handedly dragged us back into the promotion picture. He's a ready-made replacement for Big Wes should something ever happen to him.

It's really the 4th winger that I'm bummed out on not getting but when you think of it, Jack and Jimmy can both play on the wings if it ever comes to the point where we're out of wingers which is unlikely in itself. Anwar, Trez and Jota will be pushing each other that much harder too for a starting spot so it's not all that bad to be honest.

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m going to say 9.5 because I was desperate to see Benrahama. But can’t really complain. 

I understand that, let’s face it it’s always the case that there’s another player that would make things better....but I can’t give less than full marks for this Window, it’s been absolutely tremendous, amazing backing for Deano, exciting players,  and wanting more just feels spoilt ( to me).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Benteke? Milner? There's also been a lot of rubbish granted.

Yeah come on - Benteke and Milner go without saying....but apart from them ? 

Edited by hippo