Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, privateer said:

Didn't see that happening. A transfer, yes, but being cut loose on deadline day is odd. It won't hurt him when it comes to signing for a new club as he'll be a free agent but I'm surprised we didn't look to grab a few quid for him.

That said, the devil will be in the detail of the "mutual termination". What did we pay or not pay him and what did he waive or not waive to bring about the severance?

That's my thought. I get the impression that Thor just wants to go and play. Best of luck to him. 

8 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Blimey. Didn't see that coming with BB. 

Everyone could if they actually watched him in matches. Like I said a week who in the BB thread, complete dog shit footballer. People disagreed.  Deano clearly didn't. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1

I would imagine the mutual termination of BB's contract wouldn't have cost us anything. He hasn't looked happy, he's 7th choice centre mid and when he couldn't get a loan or a fee he probably just said 'tear my contract up so I can leave'

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

We probably tried to shop him around and nobody was interested in paying a fee for him, and I don't blame them.  The main positive I can see from this deal is I no longer have to read countless pages of drivel about how Thor can "do a job" in the Premier League for us...

Yes but isn’t the transfer window open in Europe open for a few more weeks? Given he’s an international and played on the continent before I’d have thought we’d have been able to sell him for something to somebody... strange one, let’s hope we don’t get lots of midfield injuries and suspension and come to regret it.

27 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I would imagine the mutual termination of BB's contract wouldn't have cost us anything. He hasn't looked happy, he's 7th choice centre mid and when he couldn't get a loan or a fee he probably just said 'tear my contract up so I can leave'

He was by far and away the least happy non-Derby bloke at Wembley at the end of the game.

I imagine he might have been thinking, "****. If we'd lost that I might be playing for this team next season."

I certainly don't hold the negative view of him that some on here do. He wouldn't have got much playing time here but good luck to him, he always put a shift in.

Edited by privateer
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Yes but isn’t the transfer window open in Europe open for a few more weeks? Given he’s an international and played on the continent before I’d have thought we’d have been able to sell him for something to somebody... strange one, let’s hope we don’t get lots of midfield injuries and suspension and come to regret it.

Yeah, let's hope 4 of Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Douglas, Marvelous, & Lansbury all don't get injured at the same time.  He's was our 7th string midfielder.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Last window we signed Tom Carroll out of nowhere right at the end.

What's the fascination with this ? We've had an unbelievable window. Not saying you are but we could sign 20 players and people will crib that we've not signed 21. Great summer. Ready for Spurs. Let's go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Excited about Kodjia being given a chance, he is tricky, ‘only’ 29 and can score from anywhere. Didnt get a real chance last season but when he did he generally did OK scoring some good goals. We havent seen him upfront much under this new set up while we have been generating more chances so looking forward to him seizung his chance on the big stage which undoubtedly wants.

#Positive 👍🏻

My main worry with kodjia is his fitness record - has been injured a lot in the last 2 years 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Smith said himself a few days ago that the club feels that there areas that need strengthening, so doubt that's changed, I'm sure they're still looking to see if there's anything that can be done, just it's looking extremely unlikely at the moment. I'm wondering if we want Abraham back, and are holding back funds as we think there might be a chance of getting him in January if things aren't working out at Chelsea.

Abraham signed new Chelsea contract recently, doubt we would get him at all now for a few reasons.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair I say respect to him for leaving. Could easily have just carried on getting paid for doing nothing like other player have done in the past. 

Seems a good character. 

Yep many a lesser man has taken the Villa shilling whilst not giving a toss about playing football and getting on the pie and shandy train.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1