Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, eholm said:

Just not convinced we are in for him. With the DS links and previous business i.e. Konsa, we would have sorted it out earlier had Smith been keen.

Was thinking the same but hope he goes to a PL 

BBC Gossip report The Mirror as saying that we've held talks with Sturridge. When you click on the link the article is actually about him being investigated over some betting scandal, and it suggests that, we've been pushing the FA for a decision, presumably because we wouldn't want to sign him if he's found of any wrong doings.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

BBC Gossip report The Mirror as saying that we've held talks with Sturridge. When you click on the link the article is actually about him being investigated over some betting scandal, and it suggests that, we've been pushing the FA for a decision, presumably because we wouldn't want to sign him if he's found of any wrong doings.

Such b******t. No way we are signing Sturridge and his dog. 

53 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So will it be a case we are signing 2 DMs on that basis then? Or 1 Natural DM and the other player versatile and able to play both the DM/MC role?

Another striker, AMR and possibly a GK too.

Interesting.  :D

Who we sign doesn’t effect what I said in my post. 

BB isn’t good enough to feature regularly for us in the premier league. 

If we’re relying on him to contribute that much then we’re in trouble. 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Who we sign doesn’t effect what I said in my post. 

BB isn’t good enough to feature regularly for us in the premier league. 

If we’re relying on him to contribute that much then we’re in trouble. 

I don't understand where this sudden notion has surfaced that Birkir is going to be suddenly featuring loads? Where has it come from? Have I missed something?

I doubt BB would be featuring ahead of Luiz on regular occasions so it is safe to say that BB will be no more than a backup bit part player.

Fwiw, I think he is good enough at PL to cope with being our backup Midfielder.

46 minutes ago, useless said:

I’d take him, he’d be great back up for Wesley, he’s a local lad, if he’d take a wage cut which I think he would, I’d love him here, he’s always  someone I’ve admired 

If we signed him on a one or two year deal, I don't think it would be the end of the world, in fact if he could stay fit then it would probably be quite an astute signing. His cousin DJ Campton-Sturridge plays for our academy side as well. I don't think it's likely to happen though.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take him, he’d be great back up for Wesley, he’s a local lad, if he’d take a wage cut which I think he would, I’d love him here, he’s always  someone I’ve admired 

All aboard the sturridge gravy train, choo Choo!!, next stop our clubs self respect!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Been hearing Danny is facing new questions over his financial interest in the company providing sick beds at the clubs he 'played for'. All conjecture at this stage, but pretty shady if true.

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I guess it's a good idea to keep the medical team busy.