Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't particularly want Sturridge, but I'd rather have him than no one.

I see where you are coming from and I’d normally agree. But in Sturridges case I’d prefer no one. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 2

Sturridge is still banned from football for a couple of weeks after his betting on his own transfer via his brother.

Not someone I'd want at the club even if he wasn't constantly injured and asking silly money.

• Like 3

In terms of "club fit"......its going back to the old regime.

not for me.

I think the notion that we can get form from him commensurate with his better times, is fanciful.

He is living off his name now, like others players we have had the misfortune to experience.

On the way up, not on the way down players.....are us now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't understand where this sudden notion has surfaced that Birkir is going to be suddenly featuring loads? Where has it come from? Have I missed something?

I doubt BB would be featuring ahead of Luiz on regular occasions so it is safe to say that BB will be no more than a backup bit part player.

Fwiw, I think he is good enough at PL to cope with being our backup Midfielder.

You said he’d be second choice DM. There’s a good chance the second choice in that position will feature regularly. Injuries and rotation require that. 

He wasn’t good enough at championship level. I’m not sure where the confidence in him being good enough at PL level has come from. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Sturridge is still banned from football for a couple of weeks after his betting on his own transfer via his brother.

**** off, really? That’s hysterical!! 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

**** off, really? That’s hysterical!! 

FA sought six-month Daniel Sturridge ban for betting breaches

Forward given six-week suspension and £75,000 fine 

The Football Association is to appeal against the six-week suspension and £75,000 fine handed to Daniel Sturridge for breaching its betting rules. It believes the former Liverpool striker deserves at least a six-month ban having been found guilty by a regulatory commission of giving his brother inside information on a possible move to Sevilla.

Sturridge’s six-week suspension from all domestic matches came into effect on Wednesday. The former England international is without a club following his release by Liverpool and, with the final four weeks of the ban suspended, will be free to resume his career from 31 July. He will therefore not miss any competitive football unless he breaches betting rules again.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/18/daniel-sturridge-ban-breaching-fa-betting-rules-appeal

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Please, please don’t make this 3 pages about Daniel Sturridge. We’ve already ascertained the article has nothing to do with us.

We’re not signing him. We’ve never been in for him. He’s shit, old, injury prone and banned.

Right, where were we.

Trezeguet. Looking forward to seeing him play but very sceptical as to how good he is. Does anyone know which wing he prefers to play on? 

Right sided I think.

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Hope so,will be a big challenge for him being 5’7” but he has a heart of a lion.Surprised Dean hasn’t signed him yet as he knows all about him and his undoubtably talent for scoring goals 

His height will have absolutely nothing to do with how successful or not he is. We've done this all before, Lothar Matthaus is 5'8

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Please, please don’t make this 3 pages about Daniel Sturridge. We’ve already ascertained the article has nothing to do with us.

We’re not signing him. We’ve never been in for him. He’s shit, old, injury prone and banned.

As his brother would no doubt say, "Do you want to bet against us?" 😇

On 16/07/2019 at 07:54, thabucks said:

We all know deep down Leao ain’t gonna happen and I reckon the other club is wolves but McGrath I’d love it to be us as a real statement of intent .... #announceleao 

It can't be Wolves ... they've already got Traore (the Spanish Mbappe?)!!😲😉

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Trezeguet. Looking forward to seeing him play but very sceptical as to how good he is. Does anyone know which wing he prefers to play on? 

I really hope we are still looking to sign Benrahma to give us 4 wide players (with Green loaned out to get his confidence) and that Trezeguet is not the alternative!

Wolves are in talks with Patrick Cutrone as organized by Mendes, with Silva going to Monaco and Angel Correa going to Milan, so doubt they'll be in for Leao. That said I doubt we'll be in for him either, probably too expensive this summer, unless we could get him on a loan with an option to buy.

Patrick Cutrone is joining Wolves apparently. Was very exciting for AC Milan in 17/18 but fell out of favour after they signed Piatek in Janaury.

Only 21 and scored 10 Serie A goals in 17/18 plus a few more in europa.

As much as Wesley looked decent in his friendly thats the more proven option we need as alternative for striker.

Looks like Veretout is joining Roma aswell.