Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Blues are crying about the price adams has gone for,they wanted 25-30m..

Apparently it was known he was going to southampton when jota came to us.

Wesley will be anounced on the 2nd july as he is flying back from seeing his kids in brazil apparently.

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I’m fine thanks mate after my severe stroke I sometimes get predictive text a little wrong on here I realise then go to amend it as quick as I can  as  can’t help it as recovering but someone pop up  before have chance amend have pop like they do to Other people on here that are disabled. 

Bur yeah have a pop if makes you feel big.

Woah. Just a joke. No pops.

Villa need to announce some players to so we can relieve some tension round here!

As I said at the beginning of last week, there was no chance of a signing last week. This deal will be announced on Tuesday once terms are agreed and the medical.

My source says there will be another defender on the way, possibly by the end of next week. #jonoITK

22 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

As I said at the beginning of last week, there was no chance of a signing last week. This deal will be announced on Tuesday once terms are agreed and the medical.

My source says there will be another defender on the way, possibly by the end of next week. #jonoITK

here we go again GIF

;) 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

“Possibly” signing another defender 😂

• Like 1

Need to add quality into midfield. Thinking someone deserves a chance because they played a part in getting us here is foolhardy and naive. Im talking about hourihane. We all know he won't be good enough next season. Wanting it and having desire - not enough at this level.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Need to add quality into midfield. Thinking someone deserves a chance because they played a part in getting us here is foolhardy and naive. Im talking about hourihane. We all know he won't be good enough next season. Wanting it and having desire - not enough at this level.

we need a DM critically, one more MC/DM would also be nice, Grealish and McGinn will be the nailed on 2 x MC positions, need a DM, then we have Hourihane, Lansbury and Thor currently as backups.

To be fair Jota could prob also play in the Grealish role.

Would be good to get a a couple of midfielders tho tbh, 1 x DMC, then another MC/DMC type.

Then we would have Grealish, McGinn, New DMC as the starters, then Hourihane, new MC, Jota (also RW/LW ofc), Lansbury, that not 2 bad for our first season.

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we need a DM critically, one more MC/DM would also be nice, Grealish and McGinn will be the nailed on 2 x MC positions, need a DM, then we have Hourihane, Lansbury and Thor currently as backups.

To be fair Jota could prob also play in the Grealish role.

Would be good to get a a couple of midfielders tho tbh, 1 x DMC, then another MC/DMC type.

The Jota one still puzzles me if im honest. I genuinely think he has been signed to play, some where underwhelmed by the signing and thought he's just brought here to beef up the squad. I think he'll start at Spurs first day . Really do. Which is an indicator, that Smith wants to play with wing backs. Jota is not a winger really. Guilbert looks pretty athletic and can get up and down. Heard a few saying Targett isn't quick. Seen lots of him, very sharp football brain and always seems to be in space and give the man with the ball an option. Keeps up with play comfortably.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The Jota one still puzzles me if im honest. I genuinely think he has been signed to play, some where underwhelmed by the signing and thought he's just brought here to beef up the squad. I think he'll start at Spurs first day . Really do. Which is an indicator, that Smith wants to play with wing backs. Jota is not a winger really. Guilbert looks pretty athletic and can get up and down. Heard a few saying Targett isn't quick. Seen lots of him, very sharp football brain and always seems to be in space and give the man with the ball an option. Keeps up with play comfortably.

Jota is a winger/inside forward though, he played right inside forward type role for Brentford, but also played left side and more central.

My impression is he is competition for the left wing, right wing and also capable of playing in the Grealish type role. (ie: he's quite versatile)

Whether he was bought with an automatic first team slot in mind?, I don't know?

Edited by MaVilla

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

See this signing confuses me. £ 15 **** million for Che Adams? I'd be suicidal. 

2019 summer transfer window does seem to work like "Think of a number and add 10 million".

Can’t see smith blocking Ramsey’s route to the first team long term ... Jota makes perfect sense in this regard . Jarrod Bowen as winger and back up forward £12mill plus Davis perhaps .