Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I can only imagine that the same people still enjoying fish puns answer the phone shouting "WAAassuppppp", regularly use the Borat "Naaaaaaaaaat" joke and shout "Garlic Bread?!" when in an Italian restaurant.

Ha - Just the other day in the car I started doing WAAasssuuuppp as it suddenly jumped back in my head.  My two boys were asking what the hell was I doing and going on about.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I can only imagine that the same people still enjoying fish puns answer the phone shouting "WAAassuppppp", regularly use the Borat "Naaaaaaaaaat" joke and shout "Garlic Bread?!" when in an Italian restaurant.

All of those things, and we all listen to Stickleback. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The longer the window goes on without signing a cb the prices will get more stupid I think.

I think we are better waiting a lil but longer with championship players. Come january if teams lile brentford and leeds are not near top of the league then they cabt justify stupid fees for their players.

I mean 30m for Phillips and 20m for benrama is stupid. 30m on Webster on one good season in championship is absolutely ridiculous when grealish was getting valued at 35m

These championship clubs are acting shit silly I think because no one will pay those fees and then they have smaller budgets to spend. If Brentford sold benrama to us let's say 15m that's a nice amount of money for they at that level to spend get some quality loans in or players. In addition they don't have to worry about ffp. 

I don't think we're at that stage yet; not until the end of July. 

Plus - taking Mings as an example - Bournemouth have already replaced him and made it fairly clear they don't want him. IMO, because of the fee matching clause, they are playing a bit of hard ball on the back of 4 good months - following 2 years of injuries - to try and maximise the fee, and fair play.
Few clubs will pay big money for him, so they need us to buy him as much as we need him. Go get another CB in the meantime (we need at least another 2 in my opinion) and Bournemouth may well lower the price by a few mill because the cost of not doing so is paying his wages for another 6 months (£1m+), by which time his resale value reduces further as he would have barely played, the good 4 months becomes a more distant memory, and he has less time left on his contract. Or they flog him to Sheff Utd who are struggling at the bottom of the league for silly money because their new owners are desperate.

And remember - Mings is still just a really good Championship player with a poor injury record. He's never really made it in the Prem yet. If he played for Bristol, they'd want £30m. Leeds would want £40m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

We can't really do Spain or Germany etc transfers until the 1st July anyway can we?, as their window doesn't open until then.

Didn't stop Fornals going to West Ham?

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Besides the likes of Mings, Tuanzebe  who we've basically trialled can you suggest some as most mentioned I find junk personally. Not spurious links like Chelsea youth on loan either

Nathan Chalobah 

• Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

Didn't stop Fornals going to West Ham?

Hmm, mayne it just means we can do the deal and annojnce bit it doesnt go through till the 1st July?

But yeah suppose nothing stopping us, although maybe stuff doesn't start heating up till after the windows open elsewhere?

24 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Right. I'm sorry to do this. But extreme times call for extreme measures.

Anyone who does a fish pun is swiftly being dealt a 'confused' emoji.

Deal with that while you're enjoying your re-re-re-re-recycled fish puns!

Agreed, we can't keep doing the fish puns, we need to think of something new before we all become complaiceant

• Confused 2

Just now, Rob182 said:

In the 9 fish puns today, 'plaice' has cleverly been substituted for 'place' in 3 of them. Forgive me for not joining in. :bang:

Someone please sing Sweet Caroline as well 😂

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

In the 9 fish puns today, 'plaice' has cleverly been substituted for 'place' in 3 of them. Forgive me for not joining in. :bang:

Bassically, you're old and boring. >_>

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

There does need to be some more sofishticated puns being used.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1